Kings Island Opening Day April 11th, 2020

The anticipation of the new season starts kicking in when Kings Island publishes their operating calendar for the year, and that time has come again! Kings Island's Opening Day for 2020 will be April 11th. With the opening of Orion, Kings Island's newest roller coaster, this season this is sure to be historic and one to not be missed.

Besides Orion, what are you looking forward to the most ant Kings Island for the 2020 season? I think the changes and upgrades to Area 72 is what I am looking forward to the most this year besides riding Orion.

Link to the 2020 Calendar: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

IMG_20191231_171721.jpg

• Like 6

Not only am I looking forward to Orion, I am also looking forward to the experience every time I visit this magnificent park. While I visit Kings Island every year, I will actually gain two new credits this year: Orion and Invertigo. I always seem to forget about Invertigo, but not this year! Kings Island is a top-tier Cedar Fair park and a top-tier park in general. Can’t wait for the 2020 season! 

• Like 4

Only 84 more days!

However, i have a question: Why for the past few seasons (specifically this year and last year) has the park chosen to open on Easter weekend? Is there a specific reason behind that? I am genuinely curious as last year specifically, I know I almost didn't make Opening Day due to family get-togethers (and I'm aware that if that happens this year, I most likely will still make it to breakfast and I can just go the next weekend).

Also, I'm really curious how Orion will affect other rides' wait times. Like, on my first trip of the 2020 season (not counting NYE lol), I almost want to ride Banshee or Invertigo first before making my way to Area 72, just purely because I believe those ride lines will be dead. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Only 84 more days!
However, i have a question: Why for the past few seasons (specifically this year and last year) has the park chosen to open on Easter weekend? Is there a specific reason behind that? I am genuinely curious as last year specifically, I know I almost didn't make Opening Day due to family get-togethers (and I'm aware that if that happens this year, I most likely will still make it to breakfast and I can just go the next weekend).
Also, I'm really curious how Orion will affect other rides' wait times. Like, on my first trip of the 2020 season (not counting NYE lol), I almost want to ride Banshee or Invertigo first before making my way to Area 72, just purely because I believe those ride lines will be dead. Thoughts?

Why Banshee? That ride hardly ever has a long line anyways haha I’d ride something like Beast, Diamondback, or Mystic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/18/2020 at 11:04 AM, MDMC01 said:

Only 84 more days!

I think it is because Kings Island usually tries to open on the second weekend in April and Easter happened to be then. As is this year.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, _capture_the_thrills_ said:

Why Banshee? That ride hardly ever has a long line anyways haha I’d ride something like Beast, Diamondback, or Mystic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, probably because it is the latest B&M (apart from Orion). Mystic would be interesting to test though, considering it was our most recent coaster. Diamondback may be another curious wait time comparison as some may say that at first glance, Orion is just a taller version of Diamondback*. We shall see...

80 more days!!!

*On another note, I'm curious about peoples' opinion of Diamondback once they have ridden Orion and comparisons between the two.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

When the park does open, hopefully in may, I am really looking forward to getting some rides on The Beast. I only got to ride it once last season and it was a bad one. It was really hot and sunny outside and I sat in a wheel seat, so the ride felt like it was going a lot slower then usual. I'd love to get some better rides on it this season, including a night and even a rain ride if I can. I also would like to get some better rides on Banshee as both the rides I was able to get last season were kinda painful.

• Like 2

#1. I'm looking forward to riding The Beast! 2. Riding Orion and seeing how much of a punch it packs. From the video, it looks like it has a lot of speed and airtime. 3. Seeing how the park looks without Vortex in the skyline. That will be a huge change of scenery for me. No pun intended there.

• Like 1

Today would have been Opening Day!

Though I may not have gone because Easter plans (my family celebrates the day before and the day of), I certainly would have been to breakfast at Frisch's.

And to add to the above post, in addition to just getting into the park again, I'm really looking forward to riding The Bat, Adventure Express, Beast, Invertigo and of course, Orion. When I get to go again, I think I may stick to my plan of not doing Orion first (because I wanted to see how short the lines are elsewhere), but now I kinda think that reason is irrelevant as all lines may be short due to social distancing and/or the effects (the "fear factor", as someone put it) of COVID-19. Still, I think I will either do The Bat, Adventure Express (because remember 20 years ago, we got a hyper hybrid in Son of Beast and AE is a hybrid coaster) or Invertigo first before moving over to Area 72.

• Like 2

• Dane unpinned and unfeatured this topic