2020 Gold Pass Preview - April 10 - 2pm to 10pm

chad_1138

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/gold-pass-preview

A 2020 Gold or Platinum Season Pass includes many benefits, including the opportunity to be among the first to buckle in and experience the new Orion roller coaster before the start of Kings Island's 49th season by attending the exclusive Gold and Platinum Season Pass Preview Friday, April 10.

One of the most highly-anticipated new rides in the amusement and theme park industry this year, riders on Orion will plunge down a 300-foot first drop at an incredible 85-degree angle and 5,321 feet of steel track at speeds up to 91 mph! 

The park will be open from 2-10 p.m. during this event. Use your pass to enjoy your first rides of the year on some of your favorite attractions -- rides like The Beast, Banshee, Diamondback, Kings Mills Antique Autos, Monster, Scrambler, Dodgem and Grand Carousel will be waiting for you! There's also plenty of fun to be had for the little ones in Planet Snoopy. 

The Gold and Platinum Season Pass Preview event also offers the first look at some of the new food items, games and merchandise, including souvenir items and apparel for Orion.  

*Early Entry, Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus is not available during this event. 

• Like 3

Probably somewhere in between due to Orion.  Drink lines will move very slowly with all the vouchers to process and customer service that goes with selecting from the choices.  There are a lot of passholders, this is really more like opening day.  Even more so if bring-a-friend tickets are sold.  I wouldn't show up at 6 and expect an Orion ride.

It will be a great experience if you can get there early, enjoy the show, accept whatever snafus happen and know you will come away with a story to tell.

• Like 4

Having gone to Banshee's opening day in 2014, as well as Passholder Preview in 2018 & 2019, I think I can give a decent estimate on crowd levels:

-Orion will have a 4 to 5 hour wait regardless of weather, unless it is truly pouring rain all day or something (in which case it may just be closed). Flight of Fear, being right next to Orion, will also likely have a huge wait too.

-The rest of the rides will depend on how the weather is, most likely. In 2014 and 2018, the weather was very nice when I was there on Banshee Opening Day and Passholder Preview and everything had pretty long lines- on Banshee opening day, I only rode 3 rides all day, though that was mainly because I actually stood in the 4 1/2 hour Banshee line. But I also had to wait 45 minutes for Backlot Stunt Coaster and about a hour for The Beast at Night. On PPN 2018, I didn't wait nearly as long for anything but that was because we rode mainly less popular rides (my first ride of the day was Adventure Express) and we bought a few spins at the "Wheel O' Fast Lane" near Diamondback and got lucky to get Diamondback and Banshee on 2 of the spins. However at PPN 2019 (and Opening Day 2019), it was cold and rainy and there were very light crowds- most rides had next to no wait, save the brand new Kings Mills Antique Autos and Beast during the T-Shirt giveaway which reached 2 hours...I waited in that line too BTW. Got my shirt. :P

-As King Ding Dong said, people are gonna be getting their season-long drink vouchers processed, which is gonna make drink lines long. Food lines are also gonna be long, and ride operations won't be as good as later in the year for one main reason: a bunch of the employees are gonna be brand new, and this is gonna be their very first day at work.

-Also: almost all the rides will be "waking up" from at least 4 months of "slumber", even moreso for the ones that didn't run during Winterfest and closed in November. There will likely be some breakdowns- even Orion will likely go down a few times, since this will be the first day it is going to have actual people on it. Banshee was shut down a few times on its opening day due to breakdowns as well as...uhh...vomit trains. Standing in a 4+ hour line and then riding a roller coaster will make some people barf.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1