ACE Invited to Orion Media day. (Register Feb 7)

jimlaheyscar

3 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Yeah this is really a bummer for me. I picked GOCC last Feb. I feel like I joined the wrong club. I was planning on joining Ace in Feb for some fall events but had I known I would have joined last month. Good for anybody already in ACE bad for me. I have never attended any media day and would love to.

ACE has a long history with Kings Island.

5 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Yeah this is really a bummer for me. I picked GOCC last Feb. I feel like I joined the wrong club. I was planning on joining Ace in Feb for some fall events but had I known I would have joined last month. Good for anybody already in ACE bad for me. I have never attended any media day and would love to.

Many people join more than one coaster club.  I am not in GOCC, but I know several people there and they are great folks.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately they had to choose and they went with kind of the obvious choice. 

ACE is the oldest, biggest, and has the best publications. 

With that being said, I have worked with ACE, GOCC, Coaster Crew, and many others. All of which are very passionate, wonderful groups. I would highly encourage you to find the one that’s right for you.

• Like 1

I have posted in the past in other threads asking why ACE has seemed to get preferential treatment at Kings Island.  The answer is as others have said, Kings Island has had a more personal relationship with ACE than other clubs.  I joined ACE this past year and have yet to be disappointed.  Before ACE, I was a member of Coasterbuzz for around 15 years.  I have nothing bad to say about Coasterbuzz (or Coaster Crew or GOCC), but ACE definitely feels bigger and more national in terms of events, news, etc. 

I did see on Twitter there was some discussion/rumor of whether Kings Island would need to "cap" the number of ACE members who could attend media day (potentially using some sort of first come, first serve registration).  To me this seems a bit crazy considering how many were invited to Banshee's media day from multiple clubs, as well as the prerequisite of being an ACE member before the invite was announced. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I did see on Twitter there was some discussion/rumor of whether Kings Island would need to "cap" the number of ACE members who could attend media day (potentially using some sort of first come, first serve registration).  To me this seems a bit crazy considering how many were invited to Banshee's media day from multiple clubs, as well as the prerequisite of being an ACE member before the invite was announced. 

Which the result of that for Banshee was I believe too many people which caused a pretty large line for Banshee. I've watched some media coverage from Banshee media day and the line looked pretty long.

Just thought I would point out that nothing in this announcement precludes KI from inviting other clubs but have not announced it yet, this ACE event wouldn't have been the proper place.  I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a heavy online footprint such as the promotions done with Steel Vengeance.

• Like 1

Mystic Timbers was done similarly to Banshee. Media invitees had a separate lanyard color to receive priority boarding in the Fast Lane line. This way, they can invite more enthusiasts without media having to wait behind a large crowd of them. I'd expect a similar arrangement with Orion.

Of course, Media Days are not ERT. ACE members are there to fill seats when needed, create a fun environment, and speak enthusiastically with the media.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:11 AM, Rifleman said:

crap, knew that I should have joined Ace earlier. I joined shortly after the new year, and did not make the Dec. 31 cutoff.

Oh well, hopefully they will do a charity first riders event so I will have an opportunity to buy my way into Media Day, lol.

No doubt they’ll do a first rider auction. Likely the evening of media day. 

• Like 2

Don was asked during the Q&A session at the ACE Ohio Holiday Party in December about coaster club media day invites.  His response was basically no decision had been made yet, but it would be extremely limited because they want to keep it exclusive and to give more value to the first rider auction.

Obviously a decision has been made, but based on Don's comments I am not expecting many or possibly any more clubs to get an invite.  It would also not surprise me if the number of guests from ACE will be capped. 

The event is for the media, not enthusiasts, the park just needs people to fill seats, and provide interviews.  If you are looking for ERT I recommend you purchase a ticket to the charity event.

2 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Don was asked during the Q&A session at the ACE Ohio Holiday Party in December about coaster club media day invites.  His response was basically no decision had been made yet, but it would be extremely limited because they want to keep it exclusive and to give more value to the first rider auction.

Obviously a decision has been made, but based on Don's comments I am not expecting many or possibly any more clubs to get an invite.  It would also not surprise me if the number of guests from ACE will be capped. 

The event is for the media, not enthusiasts, the park just needs people to fill seats, and provide interviews.  If you are looking for ERT I recommend you purchase a ticket to the charity event.

But when is the charity event??

For those wondering about GOCC, I am a member of their board of directors. Directors only have been invited. This may be the case with some other clubs. 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, Waltny said:

I got sold heavy on GOCC and CC last year as a support the local guys and there isnt much difference in what ACE can do for you than them. Well, I would politely disagree at this point but I guess Ill still get in the door for Coasterstock. 

This is one of the very few events wise. Especially when it comes to park sponsored events. And I do want to say for the record, if you had been a GOCC member around 2013, you would have been able to go to both Banshee and GateKeeper media day. Starting around 2015 with Fury 325 Cedar Fair stopped inviting so many clubs and club members, and the last few years at least (like Copperhead Strike at Carowinds) this has been their way of doing it: ACE members who have been in club for a while, and some other coaster clubs directors only.

• Like 2

I hate that it comes to, what I see, as infighting among clubs.  There is nothing wrong with being members of more than one club.  If media day invites are important, you can join ACE for that and be in GOCC or Coaster Crew or TPR for social reasons.  Memberships are very affordable, and the benefits are great in all of them.

• Like 1