ACE Invited to Orion Media day. (Register Feb 7)

jimlaheyscar

12 hours ago, CoasterGuy83 said:

For those wondering about GOCC, I am a member of their board of directors. Directors only have been invited. This may be the case with some other clubs. 

This is one of the very few events wise. Especially when it comes to park sponsored events. And I do want to say for the record, if you had been a GOCC member around 2013, you would have been able to go to both Banshee and GateKeeper media day. Starting around 2015 with Fury 325 Cedar Fair stopped inviting so many clubs and club members, and the last few years at least (like Copperhead Strike at Carowinds) this has been their way of doing it: ACE members who have been in club for a while, and some other coaster clubs directors only.

Fair enough. 

I’m not sure what I’ll do ultimately when it comes time to renew or join another club.  As just another member with a short time in service my expectations across the board will be measured. 

5 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I hate that it comes to, what I see, as infighting among clubs.  There is nothing wrong with being members of more than one club.  If media day invites are important, you can join ACE for that and be in GOCC or Coaster Crew or TPR for social reasons.  Memberships are very affordable, and the benefits are great in all of them.

I am likely going to join ACE when my GOCC membership ends next month and drop GOCC. This way I might get in future media day events. Is this Fair to GOCC or their fault? No. But I see no point in being in 2 clubs and while they are not expensive. They do cost money. ACE has a lot more events and seems to get a lot more benefits that GOCC did. I hate how this ACE only media day invites policy that Cedar Fair has is going to make more people leave clubs like GOCC and in turn maybe someday cause membership to fall so much the clubs disband. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

This ACE only media day invites policy that Cedar Fair has...

There is no policy in place by Cedar Fair. ACE wasn't given an invitation to Steel Vengeance, Copperhead Strike or Twisted Timbers. This is just the club the park decided to invite for Orion. No more, no less. 

• Like 2

[mention=10363]King Ding Dong[/mention], I've never heard of COCC.  Is it new?  It will probably not even get included with Coasterstock!

I think he meant to say GOCC which stands for Great Ohio Coaster Club. It’s another coaster club you can join. I used to have a membership, however I never did any of their events. The only reason I had it was to be able to attend Coasterstock and Holiwood Nights. They’ve allowed members of GOCC to attend Coasterstock every year since it started in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How about Central Ohio Coaster Club, it is more focused.  
Been a tough acronym day dealing with COTC regarding my kid’s CCP.  
I thought maybe there was a division in Coaster Crew. Enthusiasts have debated for so long about the definition of "GiGa" and about RMC topper track being Woodies, that maybe the OVC guy nailed a list of grievances on Mike Koontz's office door. This forced the removal of him and his followers, and they rose to the top and founded COCC...Cream Of the Coaster Crew.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Here is the link to register, hurry before space runs out! 

(Guess they link wasn’t meant to be seen?)

Any registrations submitted prior to ACE being informed registration for Orion Media Day is now open will not be valid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some info to note about the ACE media event: 

Registering does not guarantee you’re going to be attending. You have had to have been an active member of ACE by Dec. 31, 2019. If you meet that requirement, then how you've treated the park with comments on fan sites and social media will be factored in.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Some info to note about the ACE media event: 

Registering does not guarantee you’re going to be attending. You have had to have been an active member of ACE by Dec. 31, 2019. If you meet that requirement, then how you've treated the park with comments on fan sites and social media will be factored in.

What does active member mean? 

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Do we know where we can register at 10 today? I heard something about ACE giving us more details about it.

Here is the link: visitkingsisland.com/ace

Everyone registering must have been an active member of ACE by Dec. 31, 2019 to be eligible to attend the Orion Media Day event and will be required to present a valid ACE membership card at check-in. 

Registration will end Feb. 28. Everyone who qualified will be notified in March. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, DonHelbig said:

Here is the link: visitkingsisland.com/ace

Everyone registering must have been an active member of ACE by Dec. 31, 2019 to be eligible to attend the Orion Media Day event and will be required to present a valid ACE membership card at check-in. 

Registration will end Feb. 28. Everyone who qualified will be notified in March. 

Got it! Thanks so much Don!