Rivertown expansion concept

Sixflags82

This is my concept for a rivertown expansion. It would include the the enterance of backlot being move to coney mall, 9 new themed buildings, a more defined border between rivertown and Planet Snoopy, the log flume being re-added to the area, the crypt/trtr building being removed, the Diamondback splash down pond being expanded, a new dining area by The Beast in a new plaza, and finally lots of trees being added to the area

760D0B0F-F864-4380-879A-9305469F4019.jpeg

• Like 10

I think it looks great but I'd probably make one change to start. I'd leave teh start of the Crypt's queue line (tear down the big buildings though) and theme it to a mine shaft and use as a queue for a Screamin' Swing themed to a mine shaft headgear. can leave the new restaurant by The Beast but the building closer to the main midway would be removed. The exit could empty into that new plaza.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea of a better barrier between Planet Snoopy and Rivertown, because it all kind of blurs together at Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown. I remember the tunnel they used to have connecting Rivertown to Hanna Barbara Land. It was such a nice little transition area. Also, moving Back Lots entrance to Coney Mall would be nice, as I always find that area kind of an out of the way oddity, and you could put some trees and tables in there for a nice little dining section.Ā 

Definitely get rid of The Crypt building. I'd get rid of The Crypt entrance, too. Make that a quieter section of the park. Maybe create a wooded area with some nice lighting that's kind of a hangout patio with good BBQ food, craft beer, a nice little hangout portion for us old folk.Ā 

• Like 5

There definitely needs to be a better transition between P.S. and Rivertown and the log flume needs to be re-themed back to Rivertown. I love the concept of re-secluding The Beast again. Crypt building needs to go. But I would imagine that they would add maybe a few flat rides where Vortex was just to add to Rivertowns ride count. I like it!

• Like 3

Anything to avoid having to enter PS to get to Rivertown is a winner in my book.Ā Ā Ā  RFYLCB is a kiddie log flume so I lean toward leaving as part of PS but the placement is an issue.Ā 

Just like Timberwolf the park is not going to get rid of the tan building without a need to use the land for something else.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Anything to avoid having to enter PS to get to Rivertown is a winner in my book.Ā Ā Ā  RFYLCB is a kiddie log flume so I lean toward leaving as part of PS but the placement is an issue.Ā 

Just like Timberwolf the park is not going to get rid of the tan building without a need to use the land for something else.

How is RFYLCB a "kiddie" log flume? (Forgive me for not understanding) I don't see how it is. Sure its themed to the rest of the kiddie area (I mean Planet Snoopy), but it doesn'tĀ make it specifically a "kiddie" ride. Take the eagles for example. Before they were originally moved, they were with the rest of the park and were not a kiddie ride. The only reason they are considered a kiddie ride is simply because its themed to the rest of that area. But, again my point being RFYLCB is NOT a kiddie ride.

• Like 2

I guess it just my opinion mostly based 2 aspects. Ā First a very short drop for a flume and secondly the boats bottom out with adults in them. Ā Not meant as an insult to the ride.

EDIT: Ā Screw all that I said. Ā Go to visitkingsisland.com click Play>Kids Rides and report back your findings. Ā 

• Like 2

The area I think that needs the most revamping is Action Zone. To me only 4 rides fit with the theming of the area (Banshee, Drop Tower, Delirium, and Invertigo). Congo Falls needs to be relocated to a different spot in the park or removed. The Bat either needs to be themed differently or removed for something else. Also there is so much land in that area if Kings Island can find a way add more rides/restaurants/entertainment there. The Timberwolf Amphitheaterā€™s future would depend on what changes are made to the areaĀ 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I really like the idea! I am intrigued by the RMC concept and love the new saloon idea. Could you elaborate on the "interactive area"? I am curious to what you mean by that.

Think of something like Forbidden Frontier at Cedar Point. I didn't want to take too much time to detail it. Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

I refuse to support this proposal unless includes the locations of the Freestyle stands.

That could be the Saloon.Ā 

It's closed after High Noon on the account of aĀ gunfight.Ā 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The aviation thing is what Area 72 will mainly be.Ā 

Have to disagree here- totally different concepts that are 100+ years apart. Wright Brothers were mentioned, as well as DaVinci. Those areĀ totally different time periods than a spaceship and a meteor strike.Ā 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Have to disagree here- totally different concepts that are 100+ years apart. Wright Brothers were mentioned, as well as DaVinci. Those areĀ totally different time periods than a spaceship and a meteor strike.Ā 

Maybe Area 72 will be dedicated to innovative technology as a whole.

• Like 1

I do like the idea of completely redoing that midway.Ā  Take out the existing pizza place and arcade and build a more functional Harmony Hall type building on the other side of The Beast between it and the TRTR building.Ā  They could always put a small arcade elsewhere.

The advantage of a Harmony Hall type building (LaRosas would have a new location within it) would also give the ability to have shows back there during the regular season and another indoor showbuilding for Winterfest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I do like the idea of completely redoing that midway.Ā  Take out the existing pizza place and arcade and build a more functional Harmony Hall type building on the other side of The Beast between it and the TRTR building.Ā  They could always put a small arcade elsewhere.

The advantage of a Harmony Hall type building (LaRosas would have a new location within it) would also give the ability to have shows back there during the regular season and another indoor showbuilding for Winterfest.

I believe Harmony Hall is basically the same as the Festhaus.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe Harmony Hall is basically the same as the Festhaus.

I take it you have never eaten at Harmony Hall?

Take Coney BBQ, Larosas, Island Smokehouse, and Hanks and put them in a singleĀ building to choose from. A great variety of food options in one place.

• Like 6