Rivertown expansion concept

Sixflags82

2 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I take it you have never eaten at Harmony Hall?

Take Coney BBQ, Larosas, Island Smokehouse, and Hanks and put them in a single building to choose from. A great variety of food options in one place.

No, I've never been to Carowinds. However, stuff I've seen is that it looks very similar to the Festhaus, but has more options. Sounds like what the Festhaus should be imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

No, I've never been to Carowinds. However, stuff I've seen is that it looks very similar to the Festhaus, but has more options. Sounds like what the Festhaus should be imo. 

I would want KI to add a HH type building somewhere in the park over changing festhaus. Rivertown might be a good fit for it if western themed.

• Like 3

Watching this offride video of Outlaw Run, I would love to see us get an RMC with a similar theme to Outlaw Run (Wild Revenge from my version of Rivertown would have that) and you can see how the plaza looks. I really like Outlaw Run's entrance that goes through a depot. I think would be awesome for a coaster in Rivertown.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Came up with another Rivertown concept. It includes a new mack multi launch in The Vortex area, a saloon, a candy/taffy shop, a gift shop, a new dark ride in the old crypt building with the building being painted to look better (see my Hotel Phantom idea in the crypt thread), and the pathway to the backlot plaza being moved to Coney. 

2021-03-06_15.27.59.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, bowler265 said:

Congo Falls needs to be relocated to a different spot in the park or removed. 

I've always felt like Congo Falls should have been moved over to where the Crypt building is now instead of keeping the building there. After they took out the ride, I felt like this is a perfect opportunity to move Congo Falls over there. I also liked the idea another poster said about keeping the beginning part of the queue of the crypt building in tact, but tear down the bigger part of the building to the point where you can see more of Diamondback. But not just because of that, but because the haunt that they use every year doesn't need that much height room.

Idk if we'll ever see another water ride built in the dry park. I think they'll save the new water rides for Soak City. If they do anything with Congo Falls, it'll likely be removed entirely. I would like to see more water for scenery though. Maybe put in one of those mining things where you get a bag full of dirty rocks and put them in water and they turn into crystals. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Wasn't it a revamp of their old rapids ride? I definitely wouldn't mind some upgrades to White Water Canyon in the future. Maybe even renaming it. 

I would like to see some upgrades and enhancements to WWC but I don't want to see it get a big lift and drop like MRF. Ithink it would hurt the immersion in the forest for it. Mystic Timbers has already cut into the area a bit. Would like to see more theming to tie in with the Mystic Timbers story added along the course and some fog or other effects added (misters back in the tunnels maybe) but overall I think it's a great rapids ride and wouldn't want to change it too much

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

I would like to see some upgrades and enhancements to WWC but I don't want to see it get a big lift and drop like MRF. Ithink it would hurt the immersion in the forest for it. Mystic Timbers has already cut into the area a bit. Would like to see more theming to tie in with the Mystic Timbers story added along the course and some fog or other effects added (misters back in the tunnels maybe) but overall I think it's a great rapids ride and wouldn't want to change it too much

Oh yeah definitely. I don't see them adding more to it than theming/scenery and maybe a new name to tie along with Rivertown and the Miami River. 

• Like 4

Came up with another concept and added water back at The Beast as well as a Scream n Swing where the Crypt building is and a new mining activity (similar to what Pigeon Forge has). I also added a Mack multi launch named Forest Rumbler that ties into the Mystic Timbers theme and the Lore of Rivertown. Watch this video which explains the theme and lore around Mystic and Forest Rumbler basically expands on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpa7N-9mZYM

Even though it's not labeled the Entrance and Exit of The Beast would be moved back to their original locations and a snack stand would return where the vending machines are right now that I believe once was a snack stand (correct me if I'm wrong though)

KI Rivertown Expansion concept.jpg

• Like 8

Man, that is one giant Sceamin' Swing! I like your ideas of The Vortex replacement being  part of Rivertown instead of Coney.  The Beast water looks good, too.  The saloon and candy shop--do they replace the pathway, or are they backset towards the Junkyard Coaster?  Would the saloon be open air, or enclosed like the Brewhouse?  It would give an opportunity to use all the space available and give some great seating areas to view the new coaster, while shielding the view of the Junkyard Coaster.  Very good concept!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Man, that is one giant Sceamin' Swing! I like your ideas of The Vortex replacement being  part of Rivertown instead of Coney.  The Beast water looks good, too.  The saloon and candy shop--do they replace the pathway, or are they backset towards the Junkyard Coaster?  Would the saloon be open air, or enclosed like the Brewhouse?  It would give an opportunity to use all the space available and give some great seating areas to view the new coaster, while shielding the view of the Junkyard Coaster.  Very good concept!

The pathway to backlot would be moved to Coney Mall. The saloon would be indoors just like other saloons and would feature a stage with a new show.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have envisioned an expansion utilizing the area back near Beast's station. I like the idea of the mining activity, and I've always wanted a Screamin' Swing to go where the Crypt was. Tear down the show building but leave the queue intact just rethemed as a mine. I would also move the petting zoo back to that area as well themed to a farm like Cedar Point's. As much as I like Slaughterhouse I would probably reuse that space for part of this too. I'm a bit mixed on the coaster addition though. I would utilize part of the space and expand the building to wrap around more. i would build a dark ride or indoor themed ride (something more simple like a saloon themed Madhouse or Western motion simulator. Have the queue start with a themed entrance by the arcade and exit out next to La Rosa's in a new gift shop so will expand the themed building front there by 50% or more.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I made a new Rivertown expansion concept! Sorry if some parts look a little messy, Pixlr was lagging for a good chunk of the time I was creating this. In this concept, I added 8 new buildings to the area. The whole purpose of this is to make Rivertown feel a little more secluded from the rest of the park to block the views of Backlot as well as try and fill in the perimeter of The Vortex plot as in my idea a coaster does not go there, but instead the new coaster would replace the Crypt building and Slaughterhouse and would be an Intamin blitz like Maverick with a wild west theme. I also readded the flume to the area and relocated the Woodstock Gliders to where Vortex's station was and renamed it the Flying Eagles. Linus Launcher would get relocated to where Gliders were in Snoopy and a new stage with a new country/western show would go there at the entrance to Rivertown from Planet Snoopy. Basically Rivertown in my idea becomes FrontierTown at CP or Ghosttown at Knotts where you can do lots of shopping in a western town and the thrill seekers can hang out there as well. There is something for everyone in this new expanded area. Remember, just a concept and I have no inside information whatsoever. 

KI Rivertown Expansion concept.jpg

• Like 3

Another idea I thought of is how about keep the Crypt building and add an Intamin motorbike coaster, but have it be horses (sorta like Pony Express at Knotts) and have the crypt building be the station/launch building, but paint and freshen up the exterior to make it more like a barnstable or something, but keep the layout and features simple with like two launches so reliability is less of a concern as Hagrids has like 7 launches and a drop track and stuff. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Another idea I thought of is how about keep the Crypt building and add an Intamin motorbike coaster, but have it be horses (sorta like Pony Express at Knotts) and have the crypt building be the station/launch building, but paint and freshen up the exterior to make it more like a barnstable or something, but keep the layout and features simple with like two launches so reliability is less of a concern as Hagrids has like 7 launches and a drop track and stuff. 

Honestly, I'd rather see them change BLSC into this and then do a brand new coaster as a new type elsewhere. Think the layout of BLSC would work decent for a launched Pony Express type ride, just needs new trains and theming. Wouldn't be a super cheap/easy change, but would be easier and cheaper than a whole new attraction. Plus it would freshen up that whole area having something more appealing to look at from Coney Mall, IS, and Rivertown.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope they bring back Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal in some form, that Paramount unfortunately took out, we would be up above near the trees again, and the drop was nice too!  This would help bring some Rivertown aspect back to the area, and not take over the old Vortex land, that is Coney Mall. Here's a layout of the new adult Log Flume. Orange entrance, yellow the ride, and blue water. 

Kenton’s Cove Keelboat Canal (KICentral.com)

Screenshot (286).png

• Like 5