Which Section Needs the Most Work?

SonofBaconator

Sections  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Action Zone needs the most to me. There seems to be no real theme anymore just a concrete slab with ride entrances off of it. Think the dark forest theme would be perfect with Banshee an The Bat there and could tie into Oktoberfest as well. Put in some pavers or more themed path through there and plant a lot of trees. Love to see Timberwolf removed for expansion of it but know that isn't likely anytime soon. I'd probably take out Invertigo and Amazon Falls for a new plot of land for a new ride.

Oktoberfest I'd put second. It looks great right now especially with the Festhaus glockenspiel being fixed. But it could use some additions to expand it. Having jsut Viking Fury and AE is kind of a weak land, especially when AE doesn't really fit the theme. I'd remove the ladder game and put in a small flat like the new Zamperla Nebulaz and theme it to a Glockenspiel and name it that. Then add in either a teacup or tilt a whirl style ride themed to spinning barrels and name it Der Spinning Keggers to bring back and old ride/name. Ideally I'd remove Sling Shot and put it in there. Latly I know it breaks the 11th commandment but since a lot of effects don't work anymore I'd retheme AE to a Black Forest themed car ride similar to Verbolten. I'd keep the track the same just new cars and some new scenery and effects to liven it up an fit into Oktoberfest.

• Like 8

Soak City for me.  They could use more modern slide designs and a water coaster a la Wildebeest or Mammoth, more stuff to fill in the huge gaps of space, definitely more shaded areas (my biggest pet peeve was them cutting down so many trees when transitioning from Boomerang Bay to Soak City, particularly around the original Water Works section).   Its a pretty bland water park for a park like Kings Island IMO.   They should also relocate some of the slides as well to give some of them a bit of an attendance bump (particularly the two enclosed body slide towers).  

• Like 4

I think a Dark Forest theme would be pretty cool, but I think there are too many things within Action Zone that don't quite fit that theme. Drop Tower, Invertigo, Delirium, Skyrider. If it wasn't for Delirium, I think you could just confine Action Zone to a smaller area, and have a separate Dark Forest area. Maybe Delirium could be renamed and repainted to fit within the theme, but I'm not sure. But I would try to make a more distinct barrier / transition to separate Drop Tower, Invertigo, Congo Falls, and Skyflyer, and make that the new, smaller Action Zone. Maybe add a small flat ride if you can fit one in somewhere.

I would then get rid of Slingshot and put in a different flat/dark ride that fits into the Dark Forest theme. I would be ok with a retheming of Adventure Express too. I agree with others that Oktoberfest isn't too bad as it is, just that it's a pretty small area if it's losing Adventure Express and Hank's, but those don't really fit it anyway. Change Hank's into a more appropriate restaurant for that area. Keep Oktoberfest as the small area that it effectively is now, but crank the polka music for those walking through.

I don't think Rivertown needs a lot of work, maybe just a bit of sprucing up and a more distinct barrier from Planet Snoopy, as others have said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I think Sky flyer would be cool over in Area 72. It can act as " training" for the test pilots. IDK where but if the do expand. We know CF is willing to move the sky coasters within the same parks Ala CP.

Would love to move it there as it would fit in thematically and open up a ton of space in the AZ area. It’s current location right in the middle will really hinder any changes and rebranding.

that along with a sky fly flat ride could really flesh out that new area. Maybe Sling Shot could be moved there too as it’s a very small foot print and would open up some space for Oktoberfest too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think Coney Mall is a shell of its former glory and needs some work. The area it's self doesn't need work. They've added new restaurants and the area has plenty of benches and trees. But, Coney Mall used to seem like a small amusement park inside of an amusement park, and now it just seems like another themed area.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have a few ideas on how to update Oktoberfest for the better:

• Relocate Slingshot to Area 72 or to a different section of the park to allow more room for a flat
  • Get rid of or relocate the ladder game and shorten/reroute the Adventure Express line to accommodate an additional flat
  • Rebranding Hank's Burrito Shack to something that represents German cuisine: "Hanoch's Goetta Haus" or something along those lines
  • Finally (calling in the 11th commandment) maybe theme Adventure Express to Oktoberfest while keeping the name? That one might be harder to pull off   
  • Like 3

Big fan of the idea of a dark forest with Action Zone. Use that theming on a hopefully new ride for the future. Overall I just miss theming at the park in general, because I feel its lacking heavily in areas. Rivertown feels like the only spot that really has anything going for it on that front.

• Like 2