Orion First Riders Auction

RedSummit20

21 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Does anyone know if people who raise the amount of money to attend the event are able to bring a guest, or are entries limited to one per person (essentially, do I need to donate $150 or $300 for my wife and I to attend)

No. Only those who raised the minimum (per person) will be permitted into the park.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Does anyone know if people who raise the amount of money to attend the event are able to bring a guest, or are entries limited to one per person (essentially, do I need to donate $150 or $300 for my wife and I to attend)

Per person. 

37 minutes ago, Ohio Coaster Boy 19 said:

How do you get invited to media day?

Be a member of the media (online included) that KI recognizes as being beneficial to promoting the ride or their guest if allowed.  

• Like 2

The charity event was much fun for Mystic Timbers, but I enjoyed media day more.  I was very happy to raise money for kids though.  If you go to the charity event, you likely will run into a lot of YouTube "celebrities" who did not get a media day invite who are there to "cover" and get "EXCLUSIVE" and "BREAKING FOOTAGE."

• Haha 2

Does anyone understand why this is being called an "AUCTION"? 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/orion-first-riders-auction

They SURE make it SOUND like all you have to do is raise a minimum of $150 in donations you are "IN" to attend the event on April 9 with "unlimited" rides on Orion.

Where does the "auction" part of the name come in?   They never say they are "auctioning off" the chance to ride or anything like that...

$150 of other people's money gets me a ride as one of the first people??? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Driver8rws said:

Does anyone understand why this is being called an "AUCTION"? 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/orion-first-riders-auction

They SURE make it SOUND like all you have to do is raise a minimum of $150 in donations you are "IN" to attend the event on April 9 with "unlimited" rides on Orion.

Where does the "auction" part of the name come in?   They never say they are "auctioning off" the chance to ride or anything like that...

$150 of other people's money gets me a ride as one of the first people??? 

They do an  extremely poor job of explaining this.. 

It sound like you need to make your own Facebook page to get people to pledge.. maybe lol.  They will take the top 32 people with the most donations for the first ride. Those are the only two somewhat clear things I understand from this.

EDIT: It's not a Facebook page, it's a page on https://www.firstgiving.com/. You set it up when you click "Join Now" on this page https://www.firstgiving.com/event/410830/Orion-First-Riders-Auction/participants

That's a tough sell.. asking people to donate money.. so that I could ride a coaster lol. 

3 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

I really don't care if I'm on the first train. My question is: If I raise $150 do I get 3 hrs of rides?

Yes, but with all the usual stipulations about weather, mechanical issues, protein spills etc.  Things will not go perfectly.

This is not directed at you HandsUp, but everyone please understand this is a charity event.  If you go into this with the positive attitude you raised/donated to a worthy cause and probably got to have some fun in the process, this will be a positive experience.  If you go in to it with the transactional ride warrior attitude and expect you are buying 4 or 5 rides an hour and anything less will **** you off, make you feel conned or want your money back, then that will likely happen and this event is really not for you.  Investigate one of the VIP tours instead.

There is no guarantee you will get to ride even one time, things happen.  4 thousand people could register and you are lucky to get one ride in while waiting 3 hours.  Be OK with that possible outcome.  There are few worse looks than asking for your money back from a charity, that is like Bond Villain bad. :lol:

• Like 8