Coasterstock registration changes for 2020

IndyGuy4KI

From Don: "For those planning to attend Coasterstock this year, we're going to do something a little different with the registration process. Within a few days of purchasing your ticket(s), you will receive a link to register for the event instead of having to go back to the Coasterstock event page."

2020 Coasterstock tickets will go on sale some time in February! Who all on KI central plans to attend?

Photo_1558105708542.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/28/2020 at 2:31 PM, Waltny said:

Thankfully in years past it hasn’t been an ACE only event. Hopefully CC and/or GOCC is still going to be allowed to come. 

Clubs and Organizations Eligible to Participate

• The American Coaster Enthusiasts 
  • Club Theme Park Review 
  • Coaster Buzz Club 
  • Coaster Crew Platinum 
  • European Coaster Club 
  • Florida Coaster Club 
  • Great Ohio Coaster Club 
  • Ohio State Engineering Group 
  • Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain

People will definitely need to check their spam folders as there are some pretty aggressive spam filters on some email platforms.   Sometimes, the email is marked as spam by the email domain and never will even reach the user’s email spam folder.   I hope the email potentially being marked as spam was considered in their new approach, and would hope that a regular postal mail approach follow up happens from the park if a ticket purchased never receives the link from the park to actually register.  As someone that has run several non-coaster events, sending an email link to an users account may be successful, end up in user’s email spam folder, or never actually reach the user email account since filtered out in the email domain spam background mechanism.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CoasterGuy83 said:

Clubs and Organizations Eligible to Participate

• The American Coaster Enthusiasts 
  • Club Theme Park Review 
  • Coaster Buzz Club 
  • Coaster Crew Platinum 
  • European Coaster Club 
  • Florida Coaster Club 
  • Great Ohio Coaster Club 
  • Ohio State Engineering Group 
  • Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain

Yes, most have seen this since it is right there on the official page. 

4 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

People will definitely need to check their spam folders as there are some pretty aggressive spam filters on some email platforms.   Sometimes, the email is marked as spam by the email domain and never will even reach the user’s email spam folder.   I hope the email potentially being marked as spam was considered in their new approach, and would hope that a regular postal mail approach follow up happens from the park if a ticket purchased never receives the link from the park to actually register.  As someone that has run several non-coaster events, sending an email link to an users account may be successful, end up in user’s email spam folder, or never actually reach the user email account since filtered out in the email domain spam background mechanism.

The problem is, people don't follow instructions by purchasing a ticket and then registering. There were people who would register, but not buy a ticket thinking they can just use their pass.

I would hope people are not blocking KI in their email, but the registration email should be sent within 10 days of purchasing your ticket for the event. 

I am going to attempt to order tickets while I am at work. I do not have my families gold cards with me...but I do have them all of my KI app. It mentions an 8 digit number...but says older ones may be longer. On my app all I see is a massively longer one under the scanning square code thingy...is that what I need?

5 minutes ago, standbyme said:

I am going to attempt to order tickets while I am at work. I do not have my families gold cards with me...but I do have them all of my KI app. It mentions an 8 digit number...but says older ones may be longer. On my app all I see is a massively longer one under the scanning square code thingy...is that what I need?

That is what I used and it worked. I did not bring the physical cards with me.

7 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

Why the price hike??

They have to cover their cost to put on the event.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, standbyme said:

The 20 digit code on the electronic pass will work also. 

41 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

Why the price hike??

I checked last years ticket price and it went up 2.00 a piece. Last year out the door was 96 and this year was 100

The event is almost sold out. For anyone who wants to come who hasn't bought their ticket, now would be the time to do so.

Already posted in the thread about tickets.

Coasterstock 2020 May 15, 16 (On Sale Monday Feb 3)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=71075&share_tid=35931&url=https://KICentral.com/forums/interface/mobiquo.php/index.php?/topic/35931-Coasterstock-2020-May-15%2C-16-%28On-Sale-Monday-Feb-3%29&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk