I joined ACE!

Maverick44

45 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Sorry I can't really find an already made thread this fits in?

I just signed up for ACE. this is my first time ever. With me trying to get Coaster Conquest off the ground and running. What can I expect? Is it worth it? 

It will depend on whether you like their events and the people that go. Whether you even go to the events, how many you go to. How many parks you go to that offer discounts. 

I was a member of ACE for years but never got to go to any of the events(My fault not theirs) so I let it expire. I joined Coaster Crew in 2015 and went to their Carowinds event, I then went to ACE’s C3 at Carowinds that year as a guest of friend. 

I personally like the less structure event and people of the Coaster Crew than the larger more structured event and less respectful people of ACE. 

I am trying to only share my experience not to knock anyone. Coaster Crew is a smaller group. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Just a joke. ;-) ACE used to have an...interesting...reputation. I'm sure it's better now. 

I got ya. I just wan access to tours and media days.

Does anyone know if ACE was invited to the Pantheon construction tour?

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Sorry I can't really find an already made thread this fits in?

I just signed up for ACE. this is my first time ever. With me trying to get Coaster Conquest off the ground and running. What can I expect? Is it worth it? 

I know them Fye Coaster guys are in a few clubs. Get ahold of them. But yes its worth it! 

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I'd really like to meet tp with Midway Mayhem or some In The loop guys as well. Maybe even Taylor from Coaster Studios.

I met Taylor when I went to Kentucky Kingdom (after Holiwood Nights 2018); it was cool! :D

Also, I was briefly a member of Coaster Crew ('cause of the discount rate that KIC had that one time they partnered with CC), but let my membership lapse. I didn't do any meetups though. I may consider joining a coaster club this year as I'm considering doing Coasterstock at KI as I've never done it before.

• Like 1

First off, welcome to ACE!

I've been a member of ACE for a long long time.  I do not belong to any other coaster clubs.

I enjoy and respect ACE and what it offers.  My primary enjoyment is based on friendships, of course, but also it the fact that it is a "recognized" organization world-wide. I also like that they have a focus on preservation and history, an elected team of leaders and a distinct code of conduct.

Yes, it has its "isms" - but any club for any hobby has them.  By nature "clubs" tend to draw folks from the island of misfit toys - so ACE events (on occasion) draw some members who are odd birds.  

I first learned of ACE in 1978 when I was 8... and living in Virginia, 20 minutes away from Busch Gardens... it was in June of that year, when Loch Ness Monster opened, that they held their first official event.  I distinctly recall it - it was covered in the local newspaper (Daily Press) and I knew I wanted to join that group.  Took a few years before I did, but I did.

Yes, I am that old, and yes my interest goes back that far. ;-)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...