Area 72 Expansion Thread

Klabergian Empire

5 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Just thought I would start this here. Seems to me since they didn't use all of the previous Firehawk space for Orion, I would imagine we could see Area 72 greatly expand into those areas in the near future.

Could you make a Google maps outline of the Firehawk land and the Orion land side by side? Thanks for making the thread

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Just looking at the webcam you can tell that they didn't use all of the space occupied by Firehawk.

Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 4.34.17 PM.png

They could easily make a pathway under Orion to the space between the tree line and the brake run and add some new rides. 

I think they could too!!

I bet they could but I doubt that will happen for a very long time. At some point  replacements over expansion will occur and I think we are there. 

Plus I’d rather see them expand in Action Zone. The Bat is kinda like a weird dead end and they have land over that direction I think. Maybe planting some new trees on the back side of Banshee would be nice. Feels too much like an open field IMO

4 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I bet they could but I doubt that will happen for a very long time. At some point  replacements over expansion will occur and I think we are there. 

Plus I’d rather see them expand in Action Zone. The Bat is kinda like a weird dead end and they have land over that direction I think. Maybe planting some new trees on the back side of Banshee would be nice. Feels too much like an open field IMO

Planting trees all over the park is the biggest improvement they could make.  Very little shade around the park anymore. 

it would be nice if Area 72 gets a flat ride and some themed buildings.    Oktoberfest is is desperate need of a remake and Action Zone needs a theme in the meantime n

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, super7 said:

Planting trees all over the park is the biggest improvement they could make.  Very little shade around the park anymore. 

it would be nice if Area 72 gets a flat ride and some themed buildings.    Oktoberfest is is desperate need of a remake and Action Zone needs a theme in the meantime n

Call me crazy but I don’t hate the Action Zone theme. I know it doesn’t relate to movies but you could theme it to intense rides and non stop thrills or something. Generic I know but it sounds fun and I like it. Just needs another flat and something different where Invertigo and the log ride is and it’s really really good. 

1 minute ago, MrSourNinja said:

Call me crazy but I don’t hate the Action Zone theme. I know it doesn’t relate to movies but you could theme it to intense rides and non stop thrills or something. Generic I know but it sounds fun and I like it. Just needs another flat and something different where Invertigo and the log ride is and it’s really really good. 

I say the Invertigo/Congo area could be used for our next coaster if they don't use The Vortex plot for a coaster. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I'd rather them keep The Bat off by itself, the fact its kinda hidden I think adds to the charm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Once The Bat reaches the end of its service life , which I’m guessing will still be a couple years, I think a wing coaster would be great in that area plus the area behind Banshee, and they just reuse the name

I still think they need some trees or maybe a water feature or something by the pretzel in Banshee. It’s so bare back there. You can see too much of great wolf. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

I love The Bat for several reasons. But once it reaches the end, that spot would be great for an RMC (better than Vortex's spot IMO)

Also could extend quite a bit further out if need be. And will block that awkward open space between bat and great wolf lodge with all that would. I’m down for it. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I disagree. I don't think an RMC would fit the Area 72 theme the best. If there's another coaster I would add to A72, it would likely be a B&M wing or flyer. 

Not trying to ask a stupid question (even though it isn't in my mind), but why would you have 2 B&M coasters right next to each other? Might as well call it "B&M Land"!

10 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Not trying to ask a stupid question (even though it isn't in my mind), but why would you have 2 B&M coasters right next to each other? Might as well call it "B&M Land"!

Because 99.9% of park guests couldn't care less who the manufacturer is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If having more than one B&M close to each other is called "B&M land" then I'm guessing the front of Cedar Point should be considered B&M land lol. 

Yeah lol.

But I still think that and RMC in Area 72 is the better option in my opinion.

• Like 1