Area 72 Expansion Thread

Klabergian Empire

5 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Is the only model they lack the hyper/giga? 

Since Goliath is from Giavonola?

Yes, but the Giavonola looks like a B&M since it is the same track. 

Edit: They don't have a wing coaster there. They do have a flyer.

You have 3 B&M's right next to each other in the back of the park. Invert, Stand Up, and Floorless.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Is the only model they lack the hyper/giga? 

Since Goliath is from Giavonola?

I'm you're talking B&M, they're missing a few models: a dive, a wing, a giga/hyper, and a family coaster.

A wing doesn't make much sense since they have X2, and B&M's family coasters are similar to Vekoma'a Flying Ace clones. That would leave a Dive and a Giga which I don't see the park getting anytime soon.

I should also note that SFMM has the same type of coaster with different trains: Scream! and Riddler's Revenge

24 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

What would an RMC in A72 be themed to? Son of Beast had a danger/hazard like theme.

Probably something space themed like the rest of the area....We have UFO's in FOF, module testing on Orion, so.....whatever else relates to space. Probably planet themed.

And Son of Beast wasn't in that area it was in AZ. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Probably something space themed like the rest of the area....We have UFO's in FOF, module testing on Orion, so.....whatever else relates to space. Probably planet themed.

And Son of Beast wasn't in that area it was in AZ. 

Ik about SOB being in AZ, but I'm just saying that the theming SOB had was like a biohazard/danger theme which could go along with A72 if they were to make that a scientific themed area. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Ik about SOB being in AZ, but I'm just saying that the theming SOB had was like a biohazard/danger theme which could go along with A72 if they were to make that a scientific themed area. 

I kinda see what you are saying.....Don't get me wrong. 

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wouldn't over saturate that part of the park with too many rides. Plus it wouldn't follow the triangle theory as Action Zone should be the next area to get a major attraction in the coming years.

I agree. Plus, there is only so much Kings Island can operate.

• Like 1

From a... certain Youtube video that was posted on the 12th:

it looks like the west side of the Chaos building might have a pathway outlined? Not sure, as I know there has been temporary queue there for during haunt.

I wonder if there will be space for eating where the hill and trees were between the new building and the chaos building. 

The entrance of Area 72 seems to have small pillars/ posts on either side.

The other area with a hill and trees that was also cleared.. I wonder what's to come of that. Would they add floral decorations in an area like this? Would that not fit the theme? 

I think it would be cool to go through Chaos to get to Orion, at least until the lines die down (kind of like having to go through The Crypt/Madame Fatale's to get to Mystic Timbers on Preview Night 2017). They could start the line from where you come out of the maze, put switchbacks behind the building (like the maze had for Haunt), go through the maze, and then upon reaching the exit, curve back around to the Orion line. It would be complicated, but it would be so cool!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I think it would be cool to go through Chaos to get to Orion, at least until the lines die down (kind of like having to go through The Crypt/Madame Fatale's to get to Mystic Timbers on Preview Night 2017). They could start the line from where you come out of the maze, put switchbacks behind the building (like the maze had for Haunt), go through the maze, and then upon reaching the exit, curve back around to the Orion line. It would be complicated, but it would be so cool!

If they were to do that, I would hope they turn the LED lights and maybe the sound effects on. 

• Like 2

And hopefully they don't make me walk down the hall "like an alien would" with my arms in the air making nonsense noises haha
(This reference is brought to by the family-friendly version of whatever maze they had in the Chaos building, shortly after the Orion announcement *inhales desperately*)

• Like 1

Oh yes; fliggity floobity (or something like that...)

Though it was shortened and toned down for the kids, I still enjoyed the HallowTween version of Chaos!

What would be the cherry on top is if they put a scareactor or two in line (specifically in the first room).

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 7:59 AM, collin.klopfstein said:

Once The Bat reaches the end of its service life , which I’m guessing will still be a couple years, I think a wing coaster would be great in that area plus the area behind Banshee, and they just reuse the name

I think a compact wing coaster would be cool in the Area 72 section.

X-Flight is one of the most underrated wing coasters out there in my opinion.

Near miss elements are awesome on wing coasters, especially when the space is already compact. I'm not as much of a fan of compact coasters but X-Flight is one of the exceptions.

Heck it would be cool to have it pay homage to Firehawk if one was ever done since I don't see a flyer returning.

• Like 2