Kings Island 2020 Season Discussion

JubJester

That would be cool and great for theming, but on the other hand, it could be mistaken for theming by a small number of people and possibly interfere with an actual emergency and hinder it in some way when seconds can count.  Safety first so in the end I would look for other ways to add international theming.  (Would also kind of clash in Rivertown)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Outdoor Man said:

for the most part it seems like Winterfest was well attended this year- perhaps more than the first two?

I felt otherwise. Lots of cold nights that were dead. I don’t have any numbers so I could be wrong. Just felt less busy. Slammed on the warmer nights, though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, the 2020 season is upon us.

Just to show y'all something, below is a list of each ride in the park and how old they are. Makes you think, huh?^_^

Years of Operation:

Banshee- 6

The Bat- 27

Congo Falls- 32

Delirium- 17

Drop Tower- 21

Invertigo- 21

Xtreme Skyflyer- 25

Dodgem- 34

Kings Mills Antique Autos- 2

Monster- 51

Scrambler- 51

Shake, Rattle, and Roll- 45

The Racer- 48

WindSeeker- 9

Zephyr- 34

Flight of Fear- 24

Orion- Opening year or 1

Eiffel Tower- 48

Grand Carousel- 94

Adventure Express- 29

Sling Shot- 18

Viking Fury- 38

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill- 28

Character Carousel- 38

Charlie Brown's Wind Up- 28

Flying Ace Aerial Chase- 19

Joe Cool's Dodgem School- 43

Kite Eating Tree- 14

Linus' Beetle Bugs- 53

Linus' Launcher- 14

PEANUTS 500- 41

PEANUTS Off-Road Rally- 48

Race For Your Life Charlie Brown- 52

Sally's Sea Plane- 22

Snoopy vs. Red Baron- 28

Snoopy's Junction- 38

Snoopy's Space Buggies- 5

Surf Dog- 14

Great Pumpkin Coaster- 28

Woodstock Express- 48

Woodstock Gliders- 5

Woodstock Whirlybirds- 22

Diamondback- 11

K.I.& M.V.R.R- 48

Mystic Timbers- 3

The Beast- 41

Backlot Stunt Coaster- 15

White Water Canyon- 35

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Xtreme Skyflyer- 20

Kings Mills Antique Autos- 2

Mystic Timbers- 3

This is cool, but I spotted some errors (the first 2 rides quoted, with Mystic Timbers being used just as a reference). First up, Xtreme Skyflyer opened in 1995 (as Drop Zone- the name was later changed so it could be used for the 1999 Drop Tower), not 2000 (Son of Beast was the only new ride added in 2000), so this would make it 25 according to the Mystic Timbers age. Also if Mystic Timbers, which opened in 2017, is 3 then KMAA would only be 1 according to the same scale as it opened in 2019. Orion would technically be Year 0 since it is in its very first season in 2020.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

This is cool, but I spotted some errors (the first 2 rides quoted, with Mystic Timbers being used just as a reference). First up, Xtreme Skyflyer opened in 1995 (as Drop Zone- the name was later changed so it could be used for the 1999 Drop Tower), not 2000 (Son of Beast was the only new ride added in 2000), so this would make it 25 according to the Mystic Timbers age. Also if Mystic Timbers, which opened in 2017, is 3 then KMAA would only be 1 according to the same scale as it opened in 2019. Orion would technically be Year 0 since it is in its very first season in 2020.

In addition, Peanuts Off-Road Rally is listed as 48, which would suggest it opened in 1972. I believe it actually opened at Cincinnati's Coney Island in 1969, which would put it at 51. Kings Island has gone back-and-forth on whether it's an "original" park ride though, considering that not all the cars are original.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nick_Plummer said:

Also, I feel like Zephyr just underwent this treatment a couple seasons ago, right? Does Zephyr get rebuilt every season?

CGA said they do theirs every couple of years in the video above so I imagine KI is probably the same.