Kings Island 2020 Season Discussion

JubJester

6 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone else notice how there seems to be some sort of wire from the bottom to the 265 ft level. Anyone possible know what its for?

Screenshot 2020-02-20 at 3.02.12 PM.png

I’ll check on that when I do my last drive by in a little bit. 

Also, for testing for the upcoming season WindSeeker has been up a few times but The Vortex and Orion post have more meat than WindSeeker halfway up the structure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

No, it’s not, but it was enough for the neighbors to complain: https://www.wvxu.org/post/kings-island-taking-steps-respond-neighbors-noise-concerns#stream/0

This quote from the article is interesting...

Taylor and others say they met with Kings Island officials about the noise levels when the coaster was built but were there wasn't much that could be done to mitigate it. However, in summer 2019 the neighbors came across a potential solution: placing sand in the coaster rails to damp the sound.

I'm surprised it took ten years for them to find that solution, considering the (former) Dueling Dragons used sand in its track to dampen the noise since 1999...

Part of me wonders if they "came across" the solution via this video - it came out last year and went viral with nearly three million views (and is definitely worth a watch):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, JubJester said:

This thread will be able to get underway now, soon! This was posted in another thread, but I believe that is some of the music Chad teased a while back. 

Tbh I think it would be awesome if they played a projection of something like this of a meteor shower with this background in the Quonset Hut. However, I think that music is really nice and hope is part of the soundtrack! 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Tbh I think it would be awesome if they played a projection of something like this of a meteor shower with this background in the Quonset Hut. However, I think that music is really nice and hope is part of the soundtrack! 

What is quonsat hut?

On 2/20/2020 at 2:34 PM, KIghostguy said:

No, it’s not, but it was enough for the neighbors to complain: https://www.wvxu.org/post/kings-island-taking-steps-respond-neighbors-noise-concerns#stream/0

This people made me mad. You kive by King's island get over it!  I hape they are happy because Daimonbdack has quite for a month.  But it will be mean and striking soon!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...