The Bat or "Top Gun" to close next?

Kifranatic

As I sit here rubbing my crystal ball, I predict that The Bat, formerly known as Top Gun will be the next coaster to leave the park. Why? Because It's in a weird part of the park with the strangest entrance and exit design ever made. It's also one of the least popular rides in the park. Mark my words. 

• Like 3

I don’t know what to think about this subject, the night before Vortex was announced to close I stated I thought it wasn’t  going nowhere anytime soon and we all know how that turned out. It’s ridership is ok (mostly in part due to Banshee) however so was Vortex’s ridership. I know Canada’s Wonderland maintenance team is committed to keeping Vortex around, I hope the same can be said for The Bat. There’s just so many factors that play a role into a rides removal it’s sometimes hard to predict how long a ride will be around, could be 3 years or it could be 10 years who knows. I think it’ll be here for a while though, rollercoasters removals aren’t typically a common occurrence and we’ve already removed 2 coasters in 2 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I just mentioned this in another topic, but they could relocate Congo falls to another area of the park. Somewhere closer to the other water rides. Just a thought.

I agree the location was always dumb. It should have been near the at the time other 3 water rides. That being said the only place back there now is the old Tomb Raider Building and that is only okay to me if it does not mean losing another Haunt.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I just mentioned this in another topic, but they could relocate Congo falls to another area of the park. Somewhere closer to the other water rides. Just a thought.

I don't believe they would do that. Cedar Fair doesn't usually relocate rides like that. Ride relocations to other areas are usually smaller flat rides. I believe it would make more financial sense imo to just get rid of it along with Invertigo and use that space to finish out Action Zone. 

• Like 2

I agree the location was always dumb. It should have been near the at the time other 3 water rides. That being said the only place back there now is the old Tomb Raider Building and that is only okay to me if it does not mean losing another Haunt.

At the time Congo Falls was installed, it was originally called Amazon Falls and Action Zone was a safari themed area. So back then it wasn’t really in a dumb location. The theme changed to an action movie area during the Paramount era and was named after the movie Congo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if we will see Bat going too near in the future. I am thinking about the teotwawki posters, the operating coasters on there where, Invertigo, Vortex, Firehawk, and FoF. Vortex and Firehawk are already gone, so I think Invertigo and FoF will be next. That is just my theory though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kifranatic said:

As I sit here rubbing my crystal ball, I predict that The Bat, formerly known as Top Gun will be the next coaster to leave the park. Why? Because It's in a weird part of the park with the strangest entrance and exit design ever made. It's also one of the least popular rides in the park. Mark my words. 

The Bat can give better rides than Banshee sometimes. It definitely one of the most intense coasters in the park. One of the best coasters to get people into coasters. I see no reason why they should remove it. My opinion, though.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I'm not sure if we will see Bat going too near in the future. I am thinking about the teotwawki posters, the operating coasters on there where, Invertigo, Vortex, Firehawk, and FoF. Vortex and Firehawk are already gone, so I think Invertigo and FoF will be next. That is just my theory though.

I hope they don't remove Flight of Fear. It's a very popular ride and is supposed to be a big part of the Area 72 theming. It's also one of the few indoor attractions at the park. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Definitely not FOF, there is no reason for it to leave and it really adds to the area 72 theme 

• Like 2

Just now, collin.klopfstein said:

Definitely not FOF, there is no reason for it to leave and it really adds to the area 72 theme 

Yeah, I always enjoy a ride on FoF and hope it stays for a long time. But I think Invertigo is definitely on the chopping block.,

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I honestly can't see FoF leaving any time soon. I could see a revamp though.

1 minute ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

I honestly can't see FoF leaving any time soon. I could see a revamp though.

A retrack could go a long way. I might be in the minority, but I find FoF to be one of the roughest rides in the park. It certainly wouldn’t be cheap to retrack it, but wouldn’t be the hardest thing in the world, either. If it ever were to get a partial/full track replacement, I’d guess it would get an LSM conversion too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

A retrack could go a long way. I might be in the minority, but I find FoF to be one of the roughest rides in the park. It certainly wouldn’t be cheap to retrack it, but wouldn’t be the hardest thing in the world, either. If it ever were to get a partial/full track replacement, I’d guess it would get an LSM conversion too. 

I just hate that final brake run. My skull can only take so much trauma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I agree the location was always dumb. It should have been near the at the time other 3 water rides. 

At the time it was installed, its location wasn't so dumb. Amazon Falls completely matched the jungle safari theming. 

Personally, I'd much rather see the removal of Timberwolf than Congo Falls. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Joshua said:

At the time it was installed, its location wasn't so dumb. Amazon Falls completely matched the jungle safari theming. 

Personally, I'd much rather see the removal of Timberwolf than Congo Falls. 

I think all 3 should be removed. Timberwolf because well, it just sits there most of The time, Invertigo because it’s such a low capacity ride and Congo falls because little to no ridership. If all three of those got removed yes it would be kinda sad but a great opportunity for a brand new front gate ride plus maybe a front gate renovation to go with it

• Like 1

I think Action Zone in general needs lots of help.  It is my least favorite area in the entire park.  It is just very generic.  I loved it back in the day when it was Adventure Village.  Once it was converted to Action Zone it lost all of its character and charm.  I woudnt mind if everything but Banshee, Bat and Delerium were removed and a new area theme come in.  I do think it makes sence to keep Timber Wolf for concerts if it will be frequently used.  Maybe Octoberfest expands and Action Zone becomes the Black Forrest.

• Like 4

Bat isn't going to leave any time soon. It's not like it's Eagle's Fortress, where that ride was pretty intense, and nearing the end of it's operations it became a huge maintenance problem. Bat's one of the tamer suspendeds and is pretty low to the ground and doesn't really have that many issues. Really just comes down to if they feel like it absolutely needs to go, which again, I don't think they feel the need to. It's also actually still fairly popular. Of course it's not on the levels of Diamondback or Beast, but overall it still draws in people. Lines aren't a good way to determine popularity. 

And removing a third coaster after you just closed two back-to-back? Yikes. 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 11:30 PM, Shawn Meyer said:

And, Congo could be re themed as well.  I think Bush Gardens has a similar flume that is a long dark ride, ending with the splash down.  I think the old Jurassic Park ride at universal was a similar boat and flume.  I always thought Congo was such a waste.  It reminded me of Americana/Lesourdsville Lake's "Raging Thunder" flume.  Just a lift, then a drop.  It just seemed "trashy" to me.

• Like 2

I think that a total retheme and name change might be why Fof made the teowawki list. Probably proximity also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3