Sign in to follow this  
BoddaH1994

How well does your cell phone work at KI?

I have Sprint and if there’s more than a few thousand people in the park I don’t get a useable signal. I am reliant on the park WiFi most times I visit.  

It looks like the recently approved T-Mobile/Sprint merger may lay in some hope, but I’m not holding my breath. Which service do you have and how does it do throughout the park and when it’s busy? 

In all my visits I only have had problems one Halloween Haunt evening about 3-4 years ago... never since. I have AT&T.

I have AT&T and rarely have issues at KI, even when the park is busy. Data can be hard to use if the park is near peak capacity or if everyone is trying to send video at once (eg. during a major coaster announcement).

I have had more phone issues at Cedar Point than at KI. AT&T data connections can be very unreliable there on a full-parking-lot day, but voice/SMS should still work.

Once T-Mobile and Sprint combine their networks, additional frequency bands available to each customer should improve coverage. In the long term, the ridiculous amount of spectrum available to the combined company should allow significantly improved capacity. At the moment, AT&T and Verizon have superior coverage thanks to having a cell tower inside the park.

11 minutes ago, standbyme said:

In all my visits I only have had problems one Halloween Haunt evening about 3-4 years ago... never since. I have AT&T.

There was one evening in the fall a few years ago when AT&T had a nearly complete outage in the area. If I recall correctly, my phone was showing 'No Service' then.

Perfectly fine on Verizon in general, signal can be problematic while inside the Flight of Fear building (and in the past, the TRTR/Crypt building).

1 minute ago, PKIDelirium said:

Perfectly fine on Verizon in general, signal can be problematic while inside the Flight of Fear building (and in the past, the TRTR/Crypt building).

They don't have cell service in space.

• Haha 2

Verizon is fine everywhere besides FoF. I was actually able to renew my platinum pass and read over philosophy homework in line for Madame Fatale.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

To all having issues, you are just holding your phone wrong.  :rolleyes:

(The teens may not get this shade)

APay&Pay here and I have not had any significant issues at KI or CP, however the WiFi at both parks has been nearly useless this past season.  I hope the webcam downtime was worth it to “upgrade” the network.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have Verizon and it really depends on the crowd. If it’s a crowded night my cell service tends to degrade quite a bit.

13 hours ago, Flight_of_Fear said:

I use Cricket and I generally don't have any issues. 

Cricket is owned by AT&T, so I guess that’s a point to them.