Carowinds Webcams are Down; Is There Something in the Works?

KIguy2004

23 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Where is the cam by? Don't think it's a coaster though since they just got one.

I know they were supposed to get a new waterpark slide. I think one is in Camp Snoopy facing Ripcord. The other one is in Carolina Harbor. It is kind of hard to tell where they are because Carowinds turned the cams off during night time.

1 hour ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well I was going to say if it's by nighthawk or Vortex or something, they could be converting floorless or tearing nighthawk down.

I haven't seen anything about a conversion or a coaster leaving so I think this is pretty unlikely that something major like this would be happening. It isn't completely out of the question obviously but the odds that there would be major changes to the park without any official word from the park seems improbable.

Alternatively, maybe I've been living under a rock and there was an announcement or teaser I missed

2 hours ago, Zader said:

I haven't seen anything about a conversion or a coaster leaving so I think this is pretty unlikely that something major like this would be happening. It isn't completely out of the question obviously but the odds that there would be major changes to the park without any official word from the park seems improbable.

Alternatively, maybe I've been living under a rock and there was an announcement or teaser I missed

Yeah there have been some pointers to Vortex being converted.

4 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well I was going to say if it's by nighthawk or Vortex or something, they could be converting floorless or tearing nighthawk down.

Vortex is my #1 most disliked coaster I have ever been on. I'm not sure a floorless conversion could even help it with a layout that is so short.