Cedar Fair 2019 yearly performance

Cedar Fair has released their Q4 2019 quarterly earnings. 

Important information 

• Yearly attendance up 7%, 27.9 Million
  • Same Park attendance up 5%
  • Net revenue up 9%, Same Park net revenue up 6%
  • Out of park revenue up 11% (Hotels, Sports force park ect)
  • Net income up 36%
  • Adjusted EBITDA 8%
  • Season pass sales & season pass related products up 40+% compared to this time last year.

Information I find interesting 

• Season pass attendance makes up 53% of their overall attendance (previous years they didn’t give an exact %)

Will update this if anymore interesting information comes out during the conference call (Which is at 10 am)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/cedar-fair-reports-record-results-090000807.html

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am guessing that 40% is the new CP gold passes. So do you think they will see a 40% increase in attendance next season at CP?

Actually a lot of parks experienced double digit season pass revenue growth. But I’m sure CP’s made up a decent amount of the growth.

I've skimmed through the conference call transcript and here's really what they talked about in regards to Kings Island. Kings Island as well as Canada's Wonderland, CP & Knotts all experience record breaking or around record breaking attendance or revenue last year. What this is means is that these parks aren't experiencing major drop offs the year after they add a new ride. Next they moved onto talking about Orion. Zimmerman thinks the park "has a real winner on their hands." They then talked about what they expect from a ride like Orion. As many of you know Kings Island is a more mature park in terms of growth cycle, so they're not necessarily expecting Orion to have major attendance draws but instead increase sales in things such as Fast Lane. They also do of course expect season pass sales and attendance to increase but this coaster is going to likely generate good revenue growth (Which is more important then attendance IMO). While Kings Island wasn't directly mentioned it appears Grand Carnival was a success and they plan to role out 2 new parades next year at other parks. All around great news for Kings Island, Can't say the same about some of the other parks that failed to get any mention.

32 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I haven't really heard much about Carowinds lately in terms of performance. I might be wrong, but I don't think they got too many honorable mentions for this past year even though they opened Copperhead Strike. Does anyone know anything on how Carowinds did?

You would be correct in them not being mentioned at all through out last year. I suspect Copperhead didn’t do major attendance increases because if it did I assume they’d mention it.