Dollywood to Announce Biggest Investment Yet

Dollywood will be announcing their largest and most expensive addition yet on March 13th. I found this info on a reddit page this morning. This will obviously be a coaster, so any guesses?

Edit: Don't know where he got the largest investment aspect from, but I would suspect if he said it as fact on a roller coaster reddit community, it is probably true.

When I was there last summer, there was a huge area behind the wildgroove expansion that looked like it had been cleared out (still a ton of work to be done on it at the time, and it may have been that way for years for all I know, that was the only time I had been there)  It was along the train line that takes you back to the old village area mockup, where you circle back to the park.  My first thought was "looks like they are getting ready to build a hyper".  Looking at a map now, I'm not sure that makes sense, my memory is too fuzzy at this moment to recall completely, definently a lot of land, but the only area that seems possible based on the map wouldn't tie in well for a hyper, so who knows.

• Like 1

I'm assuming this will be a multi-year/multi-area investment. The statement specifically says their largest investment plan. The last time they used that phrasing was when they announced the investment of $300 million into the resort over the course of 10 years. There have been talks about a second resort being added so this will likely be an announcement talking about that along with new additions coming over they ears to both Dollywood and the neighboring water park. I just think this is about more than a single ride or new land but an overall resort expansion over a certain time period. Other announcements have stated biggest/most expensive ride, or Wildwood Grove was states as most expensive park expansion. So the use of the word plan to me seems to indicate more aspects to it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

I'm assuming this will be a multi-year/multi-area investment. The statement specifically says their largest investment plan. The last time they used that phrasing was when they announced the investment of $300 million into the resort over the course of 10 years. There have been talks about a second resort being added so this will likely be an announcement talking about that along with new additions coming over they ears to both Dollywood and the neighboring water park. I just think this is about more than a single ride or new land but an overall resort expansion over a certain time period. Other announcements have stated biggest/most expensive ride, or Wildwood Grove was states as most expensive park expansion. So the use of the word plan to me seems to indicate more aspects to it.

They have already announced the second hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love for them to add something like Time Traveler.  Having a ride like that less than 5 hours away would be great.  

I do expect the hotel piece to be detailed.  I also look for them to add a dark ride in the next couple of years as well as a railroad dropoff/pickup at Wildwood Grove.

They are also eventually going to have to do something about parking because it seems like Dollywood keeps getting more and more popular.

To be honest, I don't think it will be a dark ride because this is their largest investment, and even though dark rides are mostly for kids, a super long dark ride won't keep them amused for that long. I think we are seeing a coaster here. Specifically an RMC or B&M. And when I say RMC, I mean a raptor or T-Rex.

I'm guessing largest investment plan doesn't mean a long-term plan like that time they announced they had plans to use 100 million for the next (x) years for new additions.. I'm guessing stuff like that doesn't count as a single plan this time.

Wildwood being 37$ million, I wouldn't count out a huge coaster like a giga, or an incredibly immersive indoor attraction. I hope it lends well to get KI to step up their creative juices.
I've been waiting for the next big Dolly announcement to have a big reason to return to the park! Love the place already~

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I would love for them to add something like Time Traveler.  Having a ride like that less than 5 hours away would be great.  

I do expect the hotel piece to be detailed.  I also look for them to add a dark ride in the next couple of years as well as a railroad dropoff/pickup at Wildwood Grove.

They are also eventually going to have to do something about parking because it seems like Dollywood keeps getting more and more popular.

Not sure that railroad Would be a good transport ride for the park. It seems to only run once every hour or so.