Future Theming Ideas?

SonofBaconator

Anyone have any ideas for future theming that they'd like to see the park implement? 

I'll start

I'd like to see Oktoberfest/Action Zone become more defined in their theming; I still think a rebrand to a dark forest would be the way to go. Repaint Drop Tower to complement Banshee & Delirium, nix Invertigo and Congo and bring in a Dive named "Demon" (personal preference). Bring in some more shrubbery and make the area more "gothic." I'd also relocate Xtreme Skyflyer and Slingshot to Area 72.

• Like 2

Geezers this is a hard one...

I think first I will recap what we have:

- Peanuts themed kid land

- Rivertown...is a bit mixed but I for the most part think Rivertown centers around a western theme/wilderness theme.

Coney Mall- Pretty much (not as much anymore) the Coney Strip.

Area 72- Space themed with space themed tech.

Oktoberfest- Supposedly celebrating Cincinnati's German heritage, but the only real German themes there are the Festhaus and Viking fury. Definite need of more themeing and rides especially.

Action Zone- Not exactly sure what to say here. To me, Action Zone is a miscellaneous area the park stuck rides that they couldn't theme to other areas (not saying thats what they did, but its in definite need of a clean up). 

International Street- I think y'all know whats up here lol:P

As far as new theming, this gets tough because there isnt a whole lot of options they can really do here. I don't see PS, RT, CM, A72, or IS going anywhere since the theming is spot on in those areas. I could sadly see Oktoberfest go (which I really don't what to happen) since it is pretty much the most neglected area of the park (haven't gotten a new ride since Sling Shot, most of the theming isn't there; You guys know the drill). I think we can all agree the most likely area in the park to receive a re theme is Action Zone. I would imagine if Action Zone was re themed, it would probably be centered around a haunted theme. I say this because I highly doubt Kings Island is going to completely re theme Banshee into something else and will instead theme everything else around it to a haunted theme. Banshee is ready to go with a haunted theme as well as The Bat. If they were to re theme, they would have to re theme Drop Tower, X-treme SkyFlyer, and Delirium. I really do feel that Invertigo would be removed in that process and Congo Falls relocated in the process. With the new room, they could add a new coaster and add a food stand and a game or two there.

Just my thoughts.

I’d like to see Planet Snoopy overhauled and converted to Camp Snoopy. Having visited Knott’s and Carowinds, and seeing what MA has planned, I think Camp Snoopys have much better aesthetics than Planet Snoopys. Also, our area was never fully renovated after the switch from Nick to Peanuts — it seemed to have been done with minimal effort and investment. With Dollywood snatching the Golden Ticket away from KI in 2019, now seems like the perfect time to reinvest in our kid’s area.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

I’d like to see Planet Snoopy overhauled and converted to Camp Snoopy. Having visited Knott’s and Carowinds, and seeing what MA has planned, I think Camp Snoopys have much better aesthetics than Planet Snoopys. Also, our area was never fully renovated after the switch from Nick to Peanuts — it seemed to have been done with minimal effort and investment. With Dollywood snatching the Golden Ticket away from KI in 2019, now seems like the perfect time to reinvest in our kid’s area.

I can agree with that. However, I would like to see more of where we have Planet Snoopy, but we can maybe expand the area and have that new expansion area be Camp Snoopy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I can agree with that. However, I would like to see more of where we have Planet Snoopy, but we can maybe expand the area and have that new expansion area be Camp Snoopy. 

Are you saying have a new kids area elsewhere as Camp Snoopy?

• Like 1

I think expanding PS into a CS would get thematically confusing. I also don’t think there is enough room to expand that much. When Carowinds transitioned it’s kids area, the quality of the entire area improved. The same seems to be the case for Michigan this season. In my opinion, the park wouldn’t really have to add much in terms of new attractions to generate buzz — maybe a soft play structure under the cover of the old theater, and a small coaster or a few family flats. Replace the grill and ice cream stand with a full sized restaurant, refurbish Boo Blasters and the flume, and you’re done.

Just my little dream.

• Like 3

I am definitely in favor of a Camp Snoopy conversion, the woodsy aesthetic would also result in a much better transition from International Street to Camp Snoopy to Rivertown than what is there presently.  As part of the transformation to Camp Snoopy, I would also love to see them move the Eagles/Gliders over across from Shake, Rattle, and Roll in the plot that the original Eagles were on.  The 3 point challenge could always be relocated elsewhere in the park.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I am definitely in favor of a Camp Snoopy conversion, the woodsy aesthetic would also result in a much better transition from International Street to Camp Snoopy to Rivertown than what is there presently.  As part of the transformation to Camp Snoopy, I would also love to see them move the Eagles/Gliders over across from Shake, Rattle, and Roll in the plot that the original Eagles were on.  The 3 point challenge could always be relocated elsewhere in the park.

And if they were to move the Gliders, I would like to see the water thing brought back imo. I never got to play in it as a young kid, but it was pretty neat to smell and hear the running water from the play area while waiting in line for Plankton's Plunge (now Kite Eating Tree) as a young kid.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I think during Winterfest it would be cool to project winter or holiday images in lights on the ceiling of Flight of Fear that riders could see while riding. The ride name change during Winterfest to Santa’s Flight of Fest—-like we are helping Santa deliver his gifts around the world. For example projections of snowflakes or wrapped packages, etc. This would add a nice holiday overlay to the ride.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2023 at 3:46 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Disney does a really cool thing with holiday overlays for some of their attractions. Could our park benefit from this practice? I’m looking at coasters that already feature heavy theming like Adventure Express, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Mystic Timbers for the fall time. 

I would love to see holiday overlay however,  I would settle to just have more rides/coasters operating during WF. I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the older rides VS Ohio winter temps but if there was any way to have additional coasters running, I would love to see that - especially Adventure Express as winterfest is usually more family focused and it would fit that target audience extremely well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyrider said:

I think during Winterfest it would be cool to project winter or holiday images in lights on the ceiling of Flight of Fear that riders could see while riding. The ride name change during Winterfest to Santa’s Flight of Fest—-like we are helping Santa deliver his gifts around the world. For example projections of snowflakes or wrapped packages, etc. This would add a nice holiday overlay to the ride.

I still like Flight of Cheer

• Like 3

They missed the rebrand boat for Action Zone when they built Banshee. They could’ve called Invertigo “Screamin Demon” when it was repainted and possibly repainted Drop Tower new colors in 2012 and 2013 respectively. This would have chipped away at some Paramount identity each season while building up to Banshee and The Bat.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

I think a re-branding of Action Zone is needed. The area made sense when it was Paramount, but not so much any longer. 

I never thought it was good. The concept, maybe, but it was always just a big bunch of concrete and some rides named after movies with no actual theming. It still humors me that they were able to keep the Congo Falls name and didn't have to really remove anything significant (if at all?)

A theme that fits Banshee and The Bat would be good. Then later on we could throw in a dark ride...

5 hours ago, KIBeast said:

I think a re-branding of Action Zone is needed. The area made sense when it was Paramount, but not so much any longer. 

I love Banshee and The Bat. But honestly the rest of the area is meh to me. I don't care for Invertigo cause I went unconscious on it the first time I rode it, and congo falls just spooks me a bit. I've had times I've rode it and thought I was gonna fall out of the boat cause it legitimately threw me up from my seat (thankfully had friends I hung onto and practically clung to) but still kinda spooky. 

Anywho, I think it would be awesome to give the area some sort of spooky vibe. Maybe something like rivertown but more dark and spooky. Kinda like how in the fear street books/movies you have Shadyside (spookier, more dangerous) and Sunnyvale (wholesome, rustic small town vibes), you have Rivertown on one side of the park, happy go lucky, beautiful nature. But then the other side of the park has Riverwood, the spooky 'haunted' side of the park, haunted by The Bat, the Banshee. Could rename Invertigo to Screamin Demon as an homage like someone else said in the chat. Not sure what the Drop Tower could be renamed too or if it even would need to be renamed. 

I also know this would not make much sense with Mystic Timbers. Just a cool idea

4 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

I thought of the idea that when Kings Island puts in The Vortex replacement, they could re-theme the back section of Coney Mall to some sort of storm-related theme. (I like the name Vortex Valley) WindSeeker could also fit into this theme as well.

I like the name Vortex Alley. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, SonofBaconator said:

They missed the rebrand boat for Action Zone when they built Banshee. They could’ve called Invertigo “Screamin Demon” when it was repainted and possibly repainted Drop Tower new colors in 2012 and 2013 respectively. This would have chipped away at some Paramount identity each season while building up to Banshee and The Bat.

I like the idea of re-theming Action Zone with some haunted dark forest theme. Banshee and Bat already fit this theme well, so they can be left as-is. re-theme Drop Tower to Demon Drop and the other rides in the area too like Delirium and Congo Falls.

• Like 2