Could KI be getting a Floorless next?

SonofBaconator

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

S&S can finally be another manufacturer we can throw in there since Kings Dominion is getting their 4d freespin. I have heard mixed reviews about Steel Curtain at Kennywood so I don't know if Cedar Fair would go to them so build a similar coaster.

I wouldn't mind seeing a compressed air launch coaster like Launch Roller Coaster at Sun Tzu Cultural Park.

https://rcdb.com/12256.htm

spacer.png

https://www.kuer.org/business-labor/2019-05-23/utah-amusement-ride-manufacturer-feeling-squeezed-by-both-sides-as-u-s-china-trade-war-speeds-up

Two white steel pulleys, part of a 16 million dollar ride going up in eastern China's newest military-themed amusement park, Sun Tzu Cultural Park. They'll be shipped to the Qingdao port southeast of Beijing, where S&S’s customer will have to pay a 25 percent tariff. A year ago, the tariff on amusement park components was 10 percent.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, im_whats_in_the_shed said:

It's not a bad idea but a B&M Flyer would be much more unique in Ohio. You don't want guests to look at it and think of Cedar Point...

I am for a B&M flyer, but I am sure that would not be an option for a while with Firehawk only being gone a few years. Plus, we need a break from B&M for the next install or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am for a B&M flyer, but I am sure that would not be an option for a while with Firehawk only being gone a few years.

Everything is an option, why would it not be?

Have you insight from the park stating that Firehawk was removed because guests did not enjoy the flying aspect of the ride?  My understanding is the ride was removed due to issues unique to it being a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, in terms of operations and maintenance.  A B&M flying coaster complete with dual loading stations with B&M operations and maintenance, operated by a skilled Cedar Fair crew, would theoretically be a much more efficient and beloved ride than Firehawk ever could've been. 

It would've been cool to even have a B&M flying coaster replace Firehawk in place.

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Plus, we need a break from B&M for the next install or two.

Who is this "we" and why does "we" "need" that?  The park needs to put in the capex that best appeals to the masses.  A B&M flying coaster would provide a unique experience to other rides in the park, even Banshee.  Much more unique than Diamondback to Orion.

Even more unique if they found a way to work in an LSM (or other) launch..  ;)

That's not to say CF will stick with B&M for the next major coaster install, but there's no real reason not to.  They put out a good product, and offer rides different enough from the existing lineup.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

All of my comments were just my personal opinion @jsus nothing more. I would love to have a flyer myself, just not seeing it for KI anytime soon.

No worries, it just reads more as fact than opinion.  Fact is, most new coasters from Cedar Fair in recent years have been great rides.  Valravn, not so much, but it's just a big gimmick to me. :)

Seriously though, where's that LSM-launched flyer? :ph34r:

On 3/31/2021 at 4:20 PM, jsus said:

That's not to say CF will stick with B&M for the next major coaster install, but there's no real reason not to.  They put out a good product, and offer rides different enough from the existing lineup.

I could envision one more in the foreseeable in the future (a dive I think would fill the most gaps), but have a hard time seeing one after that one.

For reference, the most groundup B&Ms at any one park is a multi-way tie with four (SFGDAd having five total including Green Lantern).

In general, it's fairly rare for any one park to have more than four coasters from one manufacturer.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:42 PM, silver2005 said:

B&M flyers also have awful restraints, particularly with the legs. 

I for one just loathe the setup too. Starting and ending in the flying position on B&M flyers is one of the most uncomfortable experiences. I know many would complain about the sun going up the hill on Firehawk, but I much prefer lie-to-fly, as opposed to B&M's fly-to-lie. 

• Like 1

The achilles heel of the B&M flyer is definitely sitting on the brake run when the double station is not in use and they stack. One of our runs on Tatsu in 2019 we waited over 5 minutes behind the other train and it was extraordinarily uncomfortable. I'm sure a large park like Kings Island would have and use the double station at first, but it's nasty when you have to wait to unload. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

The achilles heel of the B&M flyer is definitely sitting on the brake run when the double station is not in use and they stack. One of our runs on Tatsu in 2019 we waited over 5 minutes behind the other train and it was extraordinarily uncomfortable. I'm sure a large park like Kings Island would have and use the double station at first, but it's nasty when you have to wait to unload. 

Instead of a double station, how about an unload station like you see on Millennium Force, BLSC, or Flight of Fear? The trains could unload in the unload station and the cars could stay vertical when entering the station to board passengers.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Cross threading a bit but if Cedar Point gets the Gerstlauer ride it makes me think that we probably wouldn't be getting a Gerstlauer for our next coaster.

That leads me more to a Mack multilaunch or a B&M dive.  My pick would be a Mack because you could have the lower height requirement and I think a modern multilaunch would be great for the park.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Mods, can we move this topic to rumors

My two cents on the topic are simple, B&M is great but we now how three and that's a mighty treat but I'd love to see other variety in the park. Let's get some S&S, Gerstlauer, Intamin, Mack, anything to really mix up the platter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Mods, can we move this topic to rumors

My two cents on the topic are simple, B&M is great but we now how three and that's a mighty treat but I'd love to see other variety in the park. Let's get some S&S, Gerstlauer, Intamin, Mack, anything to really mix up the platter.

Done and I agree, we need a break from B&M for the next few coaster installs.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Done and I agree, we need a break from B&M for the next few coaster installs.

I think those multi inverting coasters like Steel Curtain by S&S look cool but I hear it doesn't run well. I personally don't know if the alleged downtime is a Kennywood thing or an S&S thing. 

As long as it doesn't have bad downtime and has good capacity I'm down for any manufacturer Cedar Fair has recently worked with, with exception to Gerstlauer. For some reason I feel like Gerstlauers should be built in smaller parks.

• Like 1

^ I mentioned that to a friend last weekend. They ought to build a gerstlauer at a smaller park like Michigan's Adventure just to see how well it does. If it goes well, they could start building more of them on their properties.

I'm still on board for wanting a B&M floorless roller coaster someday at Kings Island.

• 1 year later...

Wow. The fact that no one has chimed into this topic is remarkable. If Kings Island wanted to put a family roller coaster in, I think a B&M floorless would be beneficial to the park.  If Kings Island doesn't put in a ground up RMC, I could see a B&M floorless going in with the elements that Vortex had. Maybe more gradual turns compared to how Vortex was set-up.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still think this would be a cool addition: a mini dive that focuses on inversions which we’ve been missing since Vortex and Firehawk’s removal

I think this would be a cool addition however with B&M having built 3 of the last 4 major coaster Installations I don’t see them as the manufacturer for our next coaster. I think a Mack multi launch or extreme spinner would be the best fit for the park.

• Like 1