SonofBaconator

Could KI be getting a Floorless next?

^ I forgot where I saw it, but I remember someone talking about the elevation change and how there were still footers where Vortex stood. Whatever topic it was, I know somebody was talking about the drone footage. 

IIRC, Vortex even reused steel supports of the original Bat as well.  The first lifts of both are in the same place. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^That made more sense back then because 1) Bat only was around a few years and 2) OG Bat and Vortex were by the same designer.  Doesn't make any sense to re-use 30+ year old footers. 

I don't remember coaster ages and could be completely wrong on this one, but I think Verbolten reused footers from Big Bad Wolf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I don't remember coaster ages and could be completely wrong on this one, but I think Verbolten reused footers from Big Bad Wolf.

I think its up to the people who inspect the foundation.

Also here's a crude concept I whipped up for what I'd expect a floorless (or even just a sit down looper) to look like in that plot of land. (Yes thats Dominator)

floorless vortex.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Also here's a crude concept I whipped up for what I'd expect a floorless (or even just a sit down looper) to look like in that plot of land. (Yes thats Dominator)

floorless vortex.png

Verboten uses the footers over the water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Verboten uses the footers over the water.

Yes, I'm aware, I'm just saying foundations of any kind need to be inspected to determine if they're able to still serve their purpose. Some work fine, like with Verbolten, and others don't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

floorless vortex.png

Hey If they do go that route, maybe they could use the footers from Vortex for the lift hill, but then create a similar layout to Dominator. Maybe instead of having that curving drop that Dominator has, it could make the turn like Vortex did, but all the way around so it's facing the opposite side of the lift hill. Then you could practically almost do the same layout as Dominator.

Please not a floorless.  Only decent floorless is Superman @ fiesta texas.  If it has to be a b&m have it be a wing or a dive.  Maybe the small b&m wing that was planned for KD will go in Vortex's spot?

22 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^That made more sense back then because 1) Bat only was around a few years and 2) OG Bat and Vortex were by the same designer.  Doesn't make any sense to re-use 30+ year old footers. 

Yeah that's true. I definitely don't think they'll reuse it, but I also have a bad case of wishful thinking.

• Like 2

^ Well my other guess is they left those there to tease us. Now that you put it that way, they could replace them in the same spots If indeed a new roller coaster would follow the lift hill spot of Vortex. I would still love to see a floorless roller coaster someday at Kings Island.

• Like 1

I don’t think the footings mean anything — they are probably already gone. If not, they probably will be once crews get back to work, or the park decided it wasn’t worth spending the money to remove them right now. I certainly don’t think this is the beginning of some great teaser campaign.

• Like 5

^ Well it was just fun speculation. Hopefully the construction workers are allowed to come back to work soon to clean up the area more so we can see how the site really looks to get a good visual.

• Like 1

I know something like this would be extremely unlikely for Kings Island however, this would be a type of coaster I’d want to see the most at the park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ Well that is a wild ride, but yeah since they just spent probably $30 million on Orion, I doubt they'll spend that much on something like that. But that ride packs a lot of punch! I love how much intensity it packs throughout the ride. Reminds me of Maverick. I also love how you picked Green!

• Like 1

I would prefer an intamin multi launch launch coaster without the spike TBH. I honestly don't know how the spike would work with capacity. 

I’ve heard that Pantheon can send out its next train as soon as the previous train goes over the tophat.
  • Like 1

I would love to have a floorless. I wonder if they could get the new restraints on them since they would build one from scratch. Would make up for the lost inversions. If they do add one, I hope it stands by itself in terms of being different and unique.

(Sorry for the double post, but felt like it should be two seperate comments.)

• Like 2

B&M is a very reliable company, and that's what Kings Island wants, as an enthusiast, I'd love an Intamin any day, I think Intamin produces better rides than RMC (wildly overrated rides honestly), I don't think a B&M Floorless coaster is the right move, part of it to me feels dated, but if Kings Island went with one, you would still see me there on opening day, we make up probably a little less than 3% of Kings Island's attendance, I'm sure a B&M Floorless coaster would draw big crowds. 

• Like 3

I agree . . it will have to be an already proven, very reliable type of coaster with high capacity.  Something like a B&M dive or wing would fit that bill perfectly.  But I still would love a Maverick or Copperhead Strike.  How reliable are these coasters?  Capacity??

I would also love a ground up RMC.  I think it would look great if they could make it part of the Rivertown and put the queue closer near Larosas Pizza.

• Like 2