Sign in to follow this  
SonofBaconator

Which CF Park had the best decade?

Something I thought of yesterday: which Cedar Fair park had the best decade from 2010-2019?

How I consider best experiencing more successes than failures. For example- I wouldn't consider KD to have the best decade in the chain. 

I'd be interested to hear what you all chose and why! For me, I'm still on the fence with my decision

Carowinds with out a doubt, that park has changed so much. 3 great steel coasters, a new waterpark, new front gate & several area renovations.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’d say Cedar Point edges out Carowinds simply because of the boardwalk and the resort upgrades. 

I'd also say Carowinds. I think it goes without saying though that all the top 4 CF parks had a great decade. In fact I think the 2010s were a good defining decade for the chain- they saw which parks did better and which parks could be put on the back burner for the time being. Now with a newer CEO, the chain wants to forcus on the mid/ lower tier parks as well which will be needed if you're home park is Dorney, Worlds of Fun, Kings Dominion, etc. 

I wonder if Covid will force the chain to mainly focus back on their top tiers for the 2020s

• Like 1

I would say Carowinds had the best decade overall.  Adding Intimidator, Fury, and Copperhead Strike were all great additions that elevated the park's standing.

While Intimidator is probably one of the lesser hypers, Fury is my #1 steel, and Copperhead Strike is a great addition.  What they have also done with even their smaller additions (i.e. Camp Snoopy and Harmony Hall) and themeing has elevated the park.  I don't think Carowinds is as good as either CP or KI overall but it is certainly a park that CF was smart to invest in.  It will be interesting to see what they do in the decade ahead. 

• Like 1