Going To Carowinds For The First Time

I never been but we are going on March 28th but I say ride all the coasters that you can and earn the credits. 

Just my general rule when visiting parks other than Disney is don't plan your day out and don't  worry if you don't get on a certain ride. Just have fun and go with the flow. 

• Like 1

Save for Fury for later in the day, the line moves extremely fast for Fury.

The rides may want to ride early are:

Electrospin

Ricochet

Flying Cobras

Vortex

Mountain Gliders maybe

If you will be staying after dusk I recommend waiting until last for Copperhead Strike.

• Like 1

I went the year that Fury opened and it had short waits all day.  The longest lines I encountered were Ricochet, Vortex and Nighthawk.  It makes sense as these ride have low capacity.  It takes a long time to get the trains out for Vortex and Nighthawk and Ricochet just cant push that many people thru.

It's hard, depending on crowds, to not have to bite the bullet and wait for either Ricochet or Nighthawk just due to where they are in proximity to each other. 

If getting all the credits is important, I would hit Ricochet first and then head over to Cobras and then loop around from there, ending up back by Fury and Hurler. 

If credits aren't a factor. Ride Fury 10 times and then check out whatever else floats your boat. 

As expected, the B&Ms are all people eaters. I haven't ridden Copperhead yet so I can't comment there. 

I hope you have a great experience!

Go ahead and ride everything once for credits. Then marathon the crap out of Fury and Copperhead Strike. If its busy get a fastlane. I got in 10+ rides on both of those and rode everything else at least once on a busy Sat in late July. If its hot don't ride Nighthawk during the day. Its a better ride at night anyways. Also I was surprised by how good Seasons of Cirque was last year. 

14 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Go ahead and ride everything once for credits. Then marathon the crap out of Fury and Copperhead Strike. If its busy get a fastlane. I got in 10+ rides on both of those and rode everything else at least once on a busy Sat in late July. If its hot don't ride Nighthawk during the day. Its a better ride at night anyways. Also I was surprised by how good Seasons of Cirque was last year. 

Thank you!