Robb Alvey Retiring

Robb Alvey has announced his retirement from TPR. It is their 10 year anniversary, and they have decided to end their time their and do some other things. Idk if TPR will still go on with a different person, it probably will, but Robb Alvey is leaving.

Note: In this video where his wife corrects him, he made a mistake on announcing it too early. He posted his official retirement himself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Robb Alvey has announced his retirement from TPR. It is their 10 year anniversary, and they have decided to end their time their and do some other things. Idk if TPR will still go on with a different person, it probably will, but Robb Alvey is leaving.

Note: In this video where his wife corrects him, he made a mistake on announcing it too early. He posted his official retirement himself. 

Where did you see his retirement post?  Looked like he was doing it as some sort of joke in the video.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

You went there?  2 week quarantine for you and I don’t give a darn what the scan says!

To be fair, I only venture there to get info on what parks overseas are doing since they have unprecedented quality of info of that area compared to other sites, but that's it.  

I venture there with caution knowingly. 

Last time I remember Robb being at KI was Banshee media day. If you really want to see some comedy, join his Retro Games Fan group on Facebook. He has some pretty strict guidelines to keep the content of a certain quality. If you do not abide he simply deletes your post. The real fun begins after said post is deleted the person chimes in with an ugly response to the deletion. I know a lot of folks don't like him, but my interactions with Robb have always been pleasant and I and lots of the other members of that group get a real kick out of him going at it with idiots that do not abide by the rules and talk trash.  

• Like 1

I feel like TPR, especially Club TPR, really attracts a certain "type" of person.  Many of these people perpetuated stereotypes of coaster enthusiasts - often making parks not want to work with them... and rightfully so.  Many US parks still allow them because the fact of the matter is Alvey is a power house on social media and they are afraid that he will trash them.  

Just imagine if the president of ACE, GOCC, Coastercrew, etc 

-Threw an online temper tantrum about Starbucks being closed in the midst of a hurricane

-Said that people in wheelchairs shouldn't go through haunts because "they're just annoying"

-Banned for some time from Disneyland Resort for theft

You don't think the parks wouldn't force them out?  Unfortunately there's a lot of cowardice in the industry. and all it takes is some social media followers for them to overlook some horrible stuff.  Heck, Coaster Crew was uninvited from Coastermania simply for not using tongue will kissing Tony Clark's rear end on In the Loop.  

• Like 1

I was a Club TPR member but they are not currently accepting renewals or new members...not sure why, been like that for a while. I joined that particular club not because of anything to do with Robb, they just had the right balance of price vs perks for me at the time. With the current situation with the virus I don't feel like I need a club membership now anyway because who knows what events will actually happen this year now. 

Just now, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Wait did Robb actually say that?

Yeah, I don't have a link on hand.  It was actually kind of worse than I implied.

This is working from memory, but the person said they were in a wheelchair and asked for advice for haunts.  He said he had worked at one and it was really annoying trying to scare people with disabled people in the way.  I can't remember if it was on Twitter or his site or whatever.  I had heard he cleaned up a lot of his past... comments... on his site when he created Club TPR.  I was always apathetic toward the guy since we operated in different spheres but that was the thing that stuck out to me that made me think that he really wasn't someone to associate with.

Just now, Aaron88stang said:

I was a Club TPR member but they are not currently accepting renewals or new members...not sure why, been like that for a while. I joined that particular club not because of anything to do with Robb, they just had the right balance of price vs perks for me at the time. With the current situation with the virus I don't feel like I need a club membership now anyway because who knows what events will actually happen this year now. 

To be clear, my post wasn't directed at you or anyone else necessarily.  

4 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yeah, I don't have a link on hand.  It was actually kind of worse than I implied.

This is working from memory, but the person said they were in a wheelchair and asked for advice for haunts.  He said he had worked at one and it was really annoying trying to scare people with disabled people in the way.  I can't remember if it was on Twitter or his site or whatever.  I had heard he cleaned up a lot of his past... comments... on his site when he created Club TPR.  I was always apathetic toward the guy since we operated in different spheres but that was the thing that stuck out to me that made me think that he really wasn't someone to associate with.

To be clear, my post wasn't directed at you or anyone else necessarily.  

no worries, no offense taken. 

17 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I do know he’s not a clean person, but I did not know he actually say that.

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Heck, Coaster Crew was uninvited from Coastermania simply for not using tongue will kissing Tony Clark's rear end on In the Loop.  

Can you go into more detail on why they were uninvited from Coastermania? I am currently in this club and did I make a bad decision in picking this club? I am gonna probably join ACE at some point and Drunk Riders are trying to get a new club going called Buzzed Bars. Probably best to wait a year on that one and see if they actually get invited to anything.

Editing to say I did not realize someone necro'ed this thread from a year ago so ignore my question and quote. Feel free to delete it.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I feel like TPR, especially Club TPR, really attracts a certain "type" of person.  Many of these people perpetuated stereotypes of coaster enthusiasts - often making parks not want to work with them... and rightfully so.  Many US parks still allow them because the fact of the matter is Alvey is a power house on social media and they are afraid that he will trash them.  

Just imagine if the president of ACE, GOCC, Coastercrew, etc 

-Threw an online temper tantrum about Starbucks being closed in the midst of a hurricane

-Said that people in wheelchairs shouldn't go through haunts because "they're just annoying"

-Banned for some time from Disneyland Resort for theft

You don't think the parks wouldn't force them out?  Unfortunately there's a lot of cowardice in the industry. and all it takes is some social media followers for them to overlook some horrible stuff.  Heck, Coaster Crew was uninvited from Coastermania simply for not using tongue will kissing Tony Clark's rear end on In the Loop.  

The first two coaster friends I made were part of Club TPR and we remain good friends to this day (met at Coasterstock '15).  I think every coaster club has people that could this type of enthusiast.  When I get to know people from other organizations, they often comment that I don't fit the stereotype of the club i am in.  I'll take the compliment any day ;)