Friendly Reminder

This is just a friendly reminder that all ideas must be submitted and approved by the PKIC staff before the actual editorial can be submitted. If you do not submit an idea, your editorial will not be posted now matter how good it is!! Note that not all ideas submitted will be approved of, and not all editorials submitted will be posted. If we do not approve of your idea, or post your editorial, don't take it personally. It's just an opportunity to rethink your work and submit something even better!

Things to remember when brainstorming:

Is this an idea or a subject that people are going to bother to read about?

Are my grammar and spelling perfect?

Is it long enough that I can express my ideas, but short enough that people can read it in one sitting?

Would my editorial be offensive to anyone?

Good editorial ideas:

Arrow Files For Bankrupcy: What this May Mean to the Coaster Industry

Kings Island vs. Paramount's Kings Island

Tribute to the King Cobra (NOT "Why I liked the King Cobra", or "Who's going to buy the King Cobra" or "Why B&M is better than TOGO") -- You must assume that no one cares about your opinion... editorials are an analysis, not a list of opinions. They may seem similar, but with a good editorial, it makes a world of difference!

Bad editorial ideas:

If I got to Decide What the Next Coaster Would Be

If I Had Jeff Siebert's Job, I Would....

Which Ride Will Be Removed Next?

Now BoddaH, you wrote an editorial about Holiday Fest, why does your opinion count about that? Well, that's a little different. I went to Holiday Fest with the intention of writing an article about Holiday Fest and how you could visit that as a way to alleviate some Off Season Blues, but HF was just so bad that I decided that it would be more appropriate to write an editorial about it. I took a sarcastic approach to it in order to make it somewhat interesting. Then again, during the off season, you get what you can!

More than likely, if you submit an idea and it's not horrible, but not promising, we'll tell you that if you want to write it, you can, but there's no guarantee that it will be posted. So, if you just use a little bit of logic, as stated above, you really don't need to hold back too much.

Any registered PKIC member is able to submit an editorial.

Thanks,

Ryan

People submit editorials every once in a while, but not many of them are posted. It was totally our fault since we never really told you guys what we were looking for.

If anyone submits an editorial, feel free to contact the staff and we'll try to get you in good working order so it can be up and you can be made famous. :D

Thanks,

Ryan

• 2 months later...
Bump, I can't write for crap but I know somepeople on these forums could probibly write excellent stuff like chef or the guy who wrote the PKI o4 article.

Once again, anyone can write an editorial so long as they go by the guidelines already stated. You have to keep in mind that Chef has already written a book on the park and is a freelance journalist, and the PKI '04 article is from a newspaper and we obtained the rights to post it here, so it don't hesitate to try to submit an editorial if you don't have a Phd in English. We'll help ya edit it. :D