Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

21 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

No gatherings over 100 in Ohio now... don’t have much faith in these parks staying open in a few weeks. All schooling closed now also? The state of Ohio is acting very quickly to this crisis, I’m betting my money now these parks won’t open.

that all can change april 1st too. the point is to stop the mass spread so hospitals dont get overwhelmed. you still have 4 weeks till the park opens plenty of time for things to iron out.  it'll be what itll be. maybe a postponement means no cold april rain at 91mph? ;)  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

No gatherings over 100 in Ohio now... don’t have much faith in these parks staying open in a few weeks. All schooling closed now also? The state of Ohio is acting very quickly to this crisis, I’m betting my money now these parks won’t open.

No INSIDE gatherings over 100 in Ohio now.

• Like 1

If openings get pushed back i think its for the best. I personally would rather avoid going to the park (Or any of my planned park road trips) until i hear more positive news about the containment and control of things. While i dont see it completely going away this year, i would hope for things to start being contained after a few months. Its a hard call living just about 10 minutes from the park, but with my downtown classes being moved online and my girlfriends work preparing for working remotely i think its got the best to buckle down and be safe and keep informed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PilotDude said:

Incorrect. He specifically mentioned parades, festivals, and fairs. All things that take place outside.  He has even tweeted that it includes outdoor events.

Good God :rolleyes:

... was going by the one news article I read which specifically said "inside."

• Like 1

Just now, Shaggy said:

Good God :rolleyes:

... was going by the one news article I read which specifically said "inside."

No big deal. Just want to make sure we are all staying ahead of any misinformation intentional or not. We need to make sure, as hard as it can be with the rapid updates, that we are citing the most current information and not spreading rumors or making guesses.  A ton will change between now and April 10/11th, hopefully for the better, but we just have to deal with this one day at a time for now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

All ohio schools public and private shut down at least 3 weeks after school ends Monday.

Most major sports have suspended including basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey.

Broadway shows are now closed in NYC for the next month.  That's mind boggling.  Most of them will not survive.

• Like 2

A Message from Richard Zimmerman, Chief Executive Officer,
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

Dear Valued Guest,

Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We know you continue to hear and see news reports about the coronavirus, or COVID-19, and some of its effects around the world. The Cedar Fair team is closely monitoring this evolving situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance.

All Cedar Fair properties intend to welcome guests in accordance with our published schedules, and we continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:

• Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
  • Specified intervals for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas throughout the day;
  • Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
  • Quick response to spills, trash and other situations;
  • Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches and trash cans;
  • Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines

The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.

As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.

Thank you for your continued support and trust in Cedar Fair's family of parks and resorts.

Sincerely,

Richard Zimmerman
Chief Executive Officer
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

Schools closed for 3 weeks and large gatherings over 100 are banned, that would include Kings Island.

“DeWine also announced an order that bans mass gatherings of more than 100 people.

The order include auditoriums, stadiums, arenas, large conference rooms, meeting halls, cafeterias and any other confined indoor or outdoor space”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/coronavirus-dewine-expected-give-update-new-orders-prevent-virus-spread/0nDQtN2zwmdYnyNqLiJ0ZN/amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aside from an older kid that is also off school, I think finding child care is going to be very difficult.  thankfully my wife teaches, and it won't affect us in that regard, but many will be left to scramble.  Worst case, I can always have my kids hang out in my office all day, which I've done before under rare circumstances; not everyone even has that luxury.

• Like 1

My kids were told to expect the first few days will be free as the teachers prepare online lesson plans but then it will be back to books.   One is taking the SAT Saturday at a Westerville HS sure hope that isn't impacted but very well could be.

Childcare and distance learning at the same time is going to be very difficult for the younger elementary students.

28 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Not all families have internet access either. 

That is going to be a problem as well.  School District IT departments are going to be in a world of hurt trying to implement distance learning on such a large scale so fast.   They are going to need a lot of volunteer tech help to get all these students setup.   Going send mine an email to see what I can do to help.  Maybe I can make some housecalls to help people having tech issues, or spend some time manning the help desk.

@IndyGuy4KI This is your field, correct?  What do you suggest?

For anyone that has not seen this chart, it gives a visual of what is trying to be accomplished with this mitigation tactic.  We need to slow and spread out the cases so the healthcare system is not overwhelmed, unfortunately it does tend to extend the time frame of the crisis, but hopefully will save lives.

11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-superJumbo.jpg

3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

That is going to be a problem as well.  School District IT departments are going to be in a world of hurt trying to implement distance learning on such a large scale so fast.   They are going to need a lot of volunteer tech help to get all these students setup.   Going send mine an email to see what I can do to help.  Maybe I can make some housecalls to help people having tech issues, or spend some time manning the help desk.

@IndyGuy4KI This is your field, correct?  What do you suggest?

In case of a shut down we are using our tech support staff as a leveling helpdesk. Teachers will be the first contact for their students, and they will communicate with us via email. Then the email will be filtered to the appropriate person based on the issue and escalated to the next level if needed. The last few days teachers were to make sure this week that all students can login to our virtual classroom. 

A paper packet is being made for students with no device or internet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Indefinite, there is no scheduled ending to the ban.

Likely it will be ended when the outbreak is under control, at this point there is no easy way to know when that will happen.

Never mind, I’ve been told by my parents it’s for three weeks. Now to be fair I was told only school is for three weeks, so I kind of just went with it.

12 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

In case of a shut down we are using our tech support staff as a leveling helpdesk. Teachers will be the first contact for their students, and they will communicate with us via email. Then the email will be filtered to the appropriate person based on the issue and escalated to the next level if needed. The last few days teachers were to make sure this week that all students can login to our virtual classroom. 

A paper packet is being made for students with no device or internet.

I was literally contacted by my son's school within the last hour about this. The automated message stated that they will be sent home with paper work to be done. It also stated to tune in to a local station dedicated to the local school district for updates. They will also be sending out a weekly message (email or phone, I believe) to touch base.