Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I don’t expect it to last for long. I found out that the virus is dying down in China. I can’t remember what the source is, but I’m hoping that the virus dies down here soon

This can't be a serious post can it? America's response to this emergency has been pathetic. Our President called it a HOAX, purposely prevented health professionals from getting a jump on it because he is worried about reelection, and slashed CDC funding. Only 8 people in the ENTIRE country were tested yesterday despite tens of thousands being tested in countries like South Korea. EVERY major sport here are CANCELLING their seasons. I suggest you get informed. This is too serious not to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I don’t expect it to last for long. I found out that the virus is dying down in China. I can’t remember what the source is, but I’m hoping that the virus dies down here soon

Ultimately the source is the authoritarian communist government of China.   So on a scale of 1-10 how do you rate the Chinese govt on truthfulness?

• Like 4

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

Ultimately the source is the authoritarian communist government of China.   So on a scale of 1-10 how do you rate the Chinese govt on truthfulness?

At least they are more truthful than the American Govt.  SMDH

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

This info isn’t from China, its from stats. 
I would like to state my mistake on me saying it was dying down in people catching it. It’s dying down in death rates.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Do you think are we going to see more rides removed at Cedar Fair parks to make up for the decreased revenue and attendance the parks will likely experience?

Absolutely not, rides are a long term investment.  This is a short term issue.

Besides they would have to trash them, the whole industry is in the same boat right now so there are not going to be buyers.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Did the 2008 recession have anything to do with Cedar Point going 6 years between Maverick and GateKeeper? 

Cedar Fair was focusing their efforts on integrating the Paramount parks and were installing major coasters at those parks during that time.