Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

2 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I'm ALREADY getting all kinds of offers in my Inbox from businesses that I've done business with before that want my business to continue NOW. At a discount. I'm sure many of you are getting the same e-mails. Time will tell, but I figure Cedar Fair will be no different. Once Kings Island is open, they are going to do whatever they can to get people out of their quarantine/house and into the park asap. I can't wait. I can't wait for the discounts AND to get into the park.

And that will probably include giving away the gate like we have never seen before...

• Like 3

Not even counting Winterfest, a season pass comes out to less than a dollar an operating day...so the price is already a steal...but, if anyone needs a silver lining, think of all the money CF is actually SAVING them on gas & park food if they do not open on time! :lol:

(Personally, I think the park will open as scheduled anyway.)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I got an email from Six Flags Magic Mountain saying they are adding a free day to memberships for every day they are closed plus adding free perks. Who knows what else the industry will come up with but it seems like we may still get the value of our passes etc. Hopefully Kings Island won't need to follow suit. 

36 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Free FL+ Weekends!  

And everyone in the Fast Lane would be looking over at the empty regular lane thinking “D@mn I wish I didn’t have Fast Lane”!*

*But I have faith CF would roll out “Regular Lane Passes” available for an up-charge those weekends! :lol:

• Haha 1

I figure at least by June most of us will have either already gotten it, and built up immunity/given up OR it'll just be gone/we won. We're not going to hole up endlessly. Just one dumb*** guess, but that's my 2-cents. Other option is it goes away in summer and comes back hard next winter. Either way, the park is gonna open at some point. Again, just one dumb*** opinion.

I think we’re all over reacting a little bit, yes, the virus is a concern and is bad we should all listen to the WHO and CDC but what is going on now is temporary I don’t believe it’s realistic that this lasts months. Kings Island has shown no sign of a delayed opening other Cedar Fair parks? Yes, however if KI does open late I don’t think it will be by much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, CheetahDrew said:

I think we’re all over reacting a little bit, yes, the virus is a concern and is bad we should all listen to the WHO and CDC but what is going on now is temporary I don’t believe it’s realistic that this lasts months. Kings Island has shown no sign of a delayed opening other Cedar Fair parks? Yes, however if KI does open late I don’t think it will be by much. 

We haven’t even come close to reaching the peak of the virus nor are we testing nearly enough people. This is almost certainly going to be a probably for the next 2-3 months.

Dollywood, Busch Garden Williamsburg, Carowinds and Kings Dominion openings are delayed.  I assume the first rider auction for Orion is not going to be held....  I will donate regardless.  These are disappointing but totally understandable.  Let us all hope that have plenty of time to enjoy these places later.

I have been monitoring the situation in South Korea very closely considering I have many family members there.  It has been 2 weeks since the escalation of the Covid 19 in Korea.  The things are starting to peak out with more people recovering than the new cases.  They are definitely out of danger yet, but this is a great sign that things can get better relatively soon if everyone does his or her part in preventing and containing the spread of this disease.  Some of the measures being taken by the US officials are modeled after what South Korea has been doing.  With more knowledge we gain everyday, this disease will be easier to treat and contain sooner than later, I hope.  

Stay safe everyone.  

• Like 3

@Rustbucket We have a lot to learn from South Korea on how to properly prepare and handle this. The US response has been extremely embarrassing.  Can you tell us some details of how the drive thru testing works.  Like how the sample is matched up with the patient.  Are they given a code number to reference when checking results later or some other method?

• Like 1

These are certainly days that none of us have ever seen in our lives. Some panic, some are in denial and some just go on and do what we can. Some people want to place blame and point fingers, why? What does that accomplish? At this point all we can do is hope that everyone does their part and do what they have been instructed to do.

I'm supposed to go to Disney the first weekend in April for a few days, then drive back up for the first rider auction and opening weekend. If it doesn't happen, it's not the first or last time I'll be disappointed in my life. No entertainment or thrill is worth risking your life and the lives of others. We all should just carry on, hope and pray for the best outcome.

Stay strong and God Bless Us ALL.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@Klabergian Empire   Calm down from exactly what?  I have seen narcissism, irrational optimism and many low-information opinions in this thread but nothing anyone needs to calm down from. Your statement sounds like the Ancient Aliens I am not saying meme.

Can you point to examples of people needing to calm down?

Are you just trying to freak everyone out?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@Rustbucket We have a lot to learn from South Korea on how to properly prepare and handle this. The US response has been extremely embarrassing.  Can you tell us some details of how the drive thru testing works.  Like how the sample is matched up with the patient.  Are they given a code number to reference when checking results later or some other method?

I am not sure if the links are allowed but here it is.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-launches-drive-thru-coronavirus-testing-facilities-as-demand-soars-2020-2

I can say for sure that the US response has been slower than some would like but this spread was inevitable regardless.  We all knew it was coming.  Now, it is here.  

Anyway, I can provide updates from Korea if anyone wants it. 

• Like 3