Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

28 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

One of my family members tested positive for coronavirus...:wacko:

Oh no!  Do they have conditions that increase their vulnerability?  My understanding of current CDC testing protocols is one needs to prove they were in contact with a person previously confirmed with covid-19 in order to qualify for a test.  

Have you had contact with this family member?

18 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Oh no!  Do they have conditions that increase their vulnerability?  My understanding of current CDC testing protocols is one needs to prove they were in contact with a person previously confirmed with covid-19 in order to qualify for a test.  

Have you had contact with this family member?

No they live out of state. They are like a second cousin or something. Still kind of stinks that a family member has it.

Edit: They are young. They are probably going to recover.

Sorry if I made it seem like it is one of the family members I live with

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Apple Stores are now closing...one of the first "retail" types to do so...

While I want to believe is for the protection of its employees and the public welfare, there have been many reports they are having supply chain and manufacturing issues in China and are running low on stock.  

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

While I want to believe is for the protection of its employees and the public welfare, there have been many reports they are having supply chain and manufacturing issues in China and are running low on stock.  

Nobody ever spins the truth or censors information:P

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I'm ALREADY getting all kinds of offers in my Inbox from businesses that I've done business with before that want my business to continue NOW. At a discount. I'm sure many of you are getting the same e-mails. Time will tell, but I figure Cedar Fair will be no different. Once Kings Island is open, they are going to do whatever they can to get people out of their quarantine/house and into the park asap. I can't wait. I can't wait for the discounts AND to get into the park.

I've recently got a ton of e-mails from companies (like Kenwood Towne Center, Regal Cinemas, etc.) regarding the coronavirus and what they are doing about it. In fact, there is a King Kong (1933) movie night tomorrow evening at Regal Deerfield (I'm not going lol)!

My general approach to this is to stay calm and wait it out- it'll be alright, fam! B) That being said, I am feeling the impact in my own life as my Saturday morning Men's Group was cancelled and per doctor's orders, I'm not allowed to go to church on Sundays because crowds (which is alright; I can listen to the sermon online). On a more positive note, I really enjoyed sleeping in this morning and I've been training my Pokemon team on HeartGold for a majority of the day.

I also want to give a shoutout to @Rustbucket for giving us encouraging news from other parts of the globe. It is good to hear the spread is going down in China and South Korea, even as the US and Italy are beginning to deal with this situation.

As a final note, even though it takes longer, we absolutely want the flattened curve so medical staff an effectively handle this pandemic. Yes, it may take longer, but at least people are getting treated!

• Like 2

i just got a question so please dont make fun or bashing. but is there any chance that Kings Island could closed its doors for the whole season because of this coronnavirus and if so is there a chance that Kings Island cound refund are money im not saying that it will happen but i was just wondering thank you

• Like 1

I think the chance of losing the whole season is non-zero but unlikely.  The majority of experts believe this will play out in a similar way to most other pandemics and be mostly over soon and then the park will open soon thereafter.  But around here we still hold out hope it opens right on schedule and there is still a decent chance it will.  The season hasn't even started so in my opinion talking about refunds and such are premature. I will concede it is the elephant in the room for many, but things are changing so rapidly there just doesn't seem much point even talking about it at this point.

The rule books are still being written on global disasters like this.

I will say this.  A few seasons ago my wife developed a bone spur that was aggravating her Achilles tendon and there was no way she could walk the kind of distances a park requires so she didn't attend once.  CF rolled over her pass the following year and the charge was $50 for her Platinum and it would have been $30 for a Gold.  My point is Cedar Fair has great customer service and values their customers. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, retrofan22 said:

i just got a question so please dont make fun or bashing. but is there any chance that Kings Island could closed its doors for the whole season because of this coronnavirus and if so is there a chance that Kings Island cound refund are money im not saying that it will happen but i was just wondering thank you

We are in unprecedented times that nobody has experienced and thus no real history to go by.  What is happening now could not have been predicted 3-4 months ago, or even on Monday this week...

I think most are optimistic that things will return to "normal" soon, but it is simply a guess and "normal soon" is a relative time frame.

I think there would be a stronger likelihood that schools in Ohio probably will not go back to in-person learning this school year if the current projections and peak times hold true or go longer.

Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Japan were going to re-open this weekend, but have since pushed it back through "early April or beyond", but Shanghai Disney Resort partially reopened Monday.  Their closure length will be the closest we have to a "history" to go by.

It is way too early to speculate what may happen here.  If the closure is long enough (say until mid-July), the parks may decide to scrap the year as the opened weeks wouldn't justify the expense.  The Cedar Fair parks with Haunt and Winterfest may decide to re-open because of the extended schedules, but we are just guessing at this point.  What they do about refunds, etc. would be determined at that time...

• Like 1

Kings Island’s social media has been very inactive the past few days. They also did not do the “4 more Saturdays until you can ride Orion” post they usually do every Saturday. I think the park is unsure if Orion and the park as a whole will actually open as scheduled on April 11.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island’s social media has been very inactive the past few days. They also did not do the “4 more Saturdays until you can ride Orion” post they usually do every Saturday. I think the park is unsure if Orion and the park as a whole will actually open as scheduled on April 11.

I definitely think that is the case. I was doing a countdown to my first ride on my Instagram story and decided to put a half to that because of this situation. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

We are in unprecedented times that nobody has experienced and thus no real history to go by.  What is happening now could not have been predicted 3-4 months ago, or even on Monday this week...

I think most are optimistic that things will return to "normal" soon, but it is simply a guess and "normal soon" is a relative time frame.

I think there would be a stronger likelihood that schools in Ohio probably will not go back to in-person learning this school year if the current projections and peak times hold true or go longer.

Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Japan were going to re-open this weekend, but have since pushed it back through "early April or beyond", but Shanghai Disney Resort partially reopened Monday.  Their closure length will be the closest we have to a "history" to go by.

It is way too early to speculate what may happen here.  If the closure is long enough (say until mid-July), the parks may decide to scrap the year as the opening weeks wouldn't justify the expense.  The Cedar Fair parks with Haunt and Winterfest may decide to re-open because of the extended schedules, but we are just guessing at this point.  What they do about refunds, etc. would be determined at that time...

Well, in 2 weeks, US will be exactly like Italy, mark my words. The rate of transmission is increasing at an exponential rate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Well, in 2 weeks, US will be exactly like Italy, mark my words. The rate of transmission is increasing at an exponential rate.

Think it's more a rate of testing is increasing. Indiana still has less than 100 tests administered since this whole thing began. And still requiring Indiana Department of Health to approve a test be given. Pathetic IMO

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

And Kroger just changed their hours to 7am to 9pm or 10pm (news channels are conflicting closing time at the moment (WCPO says 9pm; others say 10pm))...expect to watch the others follow suit...

34 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I honestly think a Nationwide lockdown would be extremely difficult to enforce in a very large country like the United States. Just my opinion. 

Many college students that were enlisted to start boot camp next year just had it moved up to between Monday and end of month....wonder why...

You were not around for the Cincinnati riots of 2001 when curfews and stuff where implemented.

It can certainly be done easier than you think...will there be pocket areas of less populated that can get away with more, absolutely, but in highly populated areas they simply close everything and bring in the Guard...

34 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

And Kroger just changed their hours to 7am to 9pm or 10pm (news channels are conflicting closing time at the moment (WCPO says 9pm; others say 10pm))...expect to watch the others follow suit...

I have a daughter that is an assistant manager at Aldi. The hours she is putting in just to keep the store running are insane! Her store literally broke daily sales records each consecutive day this week. At some point these folks are gonna need a really nice break---and they'll have earned it! 

28 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Many college students that were enlisted to start boot camp next year just had it moved up to between Monday and end of month....wonder why...

You were not around for the Cincinnati riots of 2001 when curfews and stuff where implemented.

It can certainly be done easier than you think...will there be pocket areas of less populated that can get away with more, absolutely, but in highly populated areas they simply close everything and bring in the Guard...

How did you find out about enlistments boot camps dates moving up? Hadn't heard about that. Do know what last week or so Trump signed an agreement to bring quite a few troops home. I don't follow much politics but it did seem there was an alternative reason than just "because it was time"

6 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

How did you find out about enlistments boot camps dates moving up? Hadn't heard about that. Do know what last week or so Trump signed an agreement to bring quite a few troops home. I don't follow much politics but it did seem there was an alternative reason than just "because it was time"

I don't know how widespread it is, but there are many college age students in my subdivision that this has happened to.  They are trying to get waivers to finish the term early because even though their universities have gone to on-line classes, they cannot do that while at boot camp.  Watched a mom crying last night as her little Johnny got picked up to head to boot camp a year early...