Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

15 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

You trust the reporting of cases from those areas?  North Korea has no cases, lol.

I can read a map, yes...and many of those countries south of China are US allies with nothing to hide. They are just very hot/tropical countries. To deny those facts is just burying your head in the sand. In my OP I didn't say summer would eliminate coronavirus...I said it was very likely to help! And I still stand by that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I don't either. But you don't see China's next-door-neighbors like India and Malaysia with over 100,000 cases do you? No. Because it's HOT there. Really hot.

Just because their numbers are low doesn’t mean they don’t have it.  Malaysia and India also do not have widespread access to testing capabilities and they went under extreme lockdown.

In Ohio (population 11.7 million), we have tested 20,000, whereas in Malaysia (population 32.4 million) they have only tested 25,000, and India (population 1.4 Billion) has only tested 14,200.  They have some of the lowest number of tests taken per population stats in the world.  As they get the capability, their percentages of affected are comparable to other parts of the world…look at the graph I posted above... 

But hey, if you don’t test then you don’t have it right…

Their lockdowns are so severe, that the police will literally beat you on the street if you are in non-compliance. Their borders are completely locked down to.

Meanwhile in our country, our elected officials announce stay at home orders in one sentence, and the next sentence they state that they have told the police not to enforce it and not to pull people over and not ask where they are going…and we wonder why people in our country are not adhering to the Orders…

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52063286

https://qz.com/india/1826387/indias-coronavirus-lockdown-brings-police-brutality-to-the-fore/

Just because their numbers are low doesn’t mean they don’t have it.  Malaysia and India also do not have widespread access to testing capabilities and they went under extreme lockdown.
In Ohio (population 11.7 million), we have tested 20,000, whereas in Malaysia (population 32.4 million) they have only tested 25,000, and India (population 1.4 Billion) has only tested 14,200.  They have some of the lowest number of tests taken per population stats in the world.  As they get the capability, their percentages of affected are comparable to other parts of the world…look at the graph I posted above... 
But hey, if you don’t test then you don’t have it right…
Their lockdowns are so severe, that the police will literally beat you on the street if you are in non-compliance. Their borders are completely locked down to.
Meanwhile in our country, our elected officials announce stay at home orders in one sentence, and the next sentence they state that they have told the police not to enforce it and not to pull people over and not ask where they are going…and we wonder why people in our country are not adhering to the Orders…
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52063286
https://qz.com/india/1826387/indias-coronavirus-lockdown-brings-police-brutality-to-the-fore/

Wow, I hope you are not wanting our forces to treat our people like they apparently treat their people.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Wow, I hope you are not wanting our forces to treat our people like they apparently treat their people.

I'm doing it right so it wouldn't directly impact me LOL...but the point I was making is when our elected officials say in one breath they are issuing a stay-at-home order and within the same breath also say they have instructed the police not to enforce it....that is how we get the images like above that @King Ding Dong posted...

Why would people comply and stay home if there is no "threat" that they could get pulled over and given a ticket or be sent to jail????

Unfortunately, our stay-at-home orders are basically lip-service...

I think, and I am far from an expert, that you would run into a severe constitutional crisis if you tried to enforce stay at home orders as severely as other countries have.

I am no expert, but I would foresee tremendous push back against that

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think, and I am far from an expert, that you would run into a severe constitutional crisis if you tried to enforce stay at home orders as severely as other countries have.

I am no expert, but I would foresee tremendous push back against that

It's....complicated...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2020/03/25/are-stay-at-home-orders-constitutional/#7bd3b529104e

https://padailypost.com/2020/03/25/are-stay-at-home-orders-constitutional-experts-have-questions/

What sucks is the freedom to allow the idiots to continue not doing their part and spreading the virus having "coronavirus parties" and traveling to spring break with no consequences takes precedence over your freedom to stay healthy....

• Like 2

Well jail is not a really good option right now and fines only work if people have money to pay them.  About the only lever I have with my kids these days is cutting screen time.   Cutting off internet access for 24 hours can do wonders for a change in attitude.  Not sure how legal that would be but it should be.:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

What about toilet paper - did they have any?

The wife needed some Excedrin, which was totally out.  I got some lunch items. Never even went to look at TP. I have not bought any since this whole thing started. I hope when we do run out we can find some.

7 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The wife needed some Excedrin, which was totally out.  I got some lunch items. Never even went to look at TP. I have not bought any since this whole thing started. I hope when we do run out we can find some.

Oh no...hopefully you could find something else!

I'm honestly thinking of just sitting out 2020 for park visits and just wait until 2021 even if parks open up, or at the very least wait until Haunt season to see if things aren't as hard pressed in terms of social distancing.  Already cancelled my CP/MIA trip.  Just thinking of all the hassles just to go isn't worth it to me.  And yes, I'm okay with biting the $200 bullet of purchasing a Platinum Pass for this year and not using it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

In years past if you did not use your pass it carried over to the following year.  You have a lot of passholders that burned them up in august through winterfest.  I feel they got their moneys worth already.  

That was also with a fee to roll-over to the following year...wonder if meal plans and all other add-ons would move over as well.  And they could always eliminate that benefit as well.

Yeah the people that bought a new pass in August got 5 months of pass privileges "free" plus all of 2020, while those that renew only get 12 months...and you are right, those that burned it up with new passes August to Winterfest did get their money's worth...Those that renewed not so much yet this year...

It will be interesting to see what they do...

• Like 1

So, I don't quite understand what we're worried about just yet, yes the parks have delayed/postponed for a bit but the entire season being scrapped isn't happening, if you think about it, we're only in likelihood if things stay the way they are now, which according to the graph I saw on another thread (which doesn't look bad) Things look okay for a mid may opening, and we only lose about 10-15 days of the park being open assuming they go straight to full time.

• Haha 1