Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

36 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

A formerly prolific user who left a few years ago, I think in early 2017. You didn’t miss much. The forum instantly got better the day he left.

I don't know, I feel like his trolling was harmless. I've seen worse.

Heck I think his name was on a tombstone for Banshee's teaser

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

He was super hostile to me. I think he created a really toxic environment on here. I was delighted the day he left and never came back.

• Like 1

This is rough. We still have a long way to go. 2020 was going to be an amazing travel year for us. We are still employed but it's scary.  People are still hoarding food and it's hard to find the things we need.  Hopefully May 1st if the light at the end of the tunnel. I pray each night for the nurses doctors and the janitors that are in harms way. I work in a hospital and I get nervous going in the building each and every day. I pray that the researchers are able to quickly find, test and mass produce a vaccine so we can stop living in fear.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

His tombstone stands (at least as of Haunt) in the Banshee queue...look for...O'Terpy...he was a stickler for... spelling...and punctuation...and capitalized ride names...nice guy in person...we sparred on the KK thread...and he was wrong!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As for The Interpreter, I have always thought he was an acquired taste...you just had to know how to read his comments, otherwise they could sometimes come off as rude...which I don’t think was ever his intention. I only had the privilege of meeting him a couple of times in person, and I concur, he was always nice.

• Like 5

He was always very nice to me. We had some good PMs about my time as a Page. He was a good guy in my eyes. Always  very nice. I think he added a great taste to the forums. You can go back and look at his posts from years pasts. I hope he is well. 

Also, I hope all you are well. These are trying times, and we all have a common interest. We turn on each other too much. You all are in my thought and prayers. I hope you all are staying safe. 

• Like 1

How long until Fast Lane comes to a Walmart near you:P...

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2020/04/03/changes-to-our-shopping-process-to-encourage-social-distancing

...in all seriousness, this has the potential to really be bad.  We think line-jumpers at KI are bad...wait until we see it at Walmart and people offering money to those in line to exchange place with them...I hope it doesn't come to that...

and it isn't limited to Walmart, many others are going to a similar format like Target and Kroger...in Ohio they have to based on Governor Order yesterday...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I don’t believe you.  Somehow, someway you spoofed The Onion.:lol:

One way isles?  You mean I have to go down the frozen pizza isle to get to the snack cakes?

The should just go full on every sci-fi show ever and issue shock collars on entering the store. It works really well on my dog except when the battery gets low.

Black Friday at Walmart this year is going to be hilarious.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I always liked his posts. He used to read every thread and every post, and I feel like he would "like" the majority of them, even when he disagreed. From what I remember, his posts never seemed hostile. 

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2020/04/03/changes-to-our-shopping-process-to-encourage-social-distancing

...in all seriousness, this has the potential to really be bad.  We think line-jumpers at KI are bad...wait until we see it at Walmart and people offering money to those in line to exchange place with them...I hope it doesn't come to that...

and it isn't limited to Walmart, many others are going to a similar format like Target and Kroger...in Ohio they have to based on Governor Order yesterday...

For whatever reason, that link is not loading for me at this time. It sounds like a line is involved. Were there any other limitations? 

• Like 1

@Joshua yes they are limiting store to about 20% capacity.  Line starts at front outside and only one door in and one door out.  When someone leaves then another guest will be allowed in.  The aisles are going to be one way traffic...

The good news is for those itching to go stand in a queue line, you can now do that at your local Walmart a week earlier than the originally planned KI opening:P. You are sure to get a rollback there too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Good point...one would hope they meant shoppers at 20% capacity but I could see staff being cut too

I've been told that Kroger has still been hiring due to the high demand, but if they adopt something like this (which I assume they will), that probably won't be the case anymore. But I'm also concerned such companies will face lay offs, as well. 

10 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I've been told that Kroger has still been hiring due to the high demand, but if they adopt something like this (which I assume they will), that probably won't be the case anymore. But I'm also concerned such companies will face lay offs, as well. 

Yeah Kroger is part of it too and all remaining open stores in Ohio..and some are voluntarily doing it Nationwide.

4 people in my neighborhood work for employers that each did a 30% reduction in staff.  Fortunately they were spared this round but now they pick up the slack and hope they are spared next round...

It is going to get ugly quick now that people are realizing this is our new normal for awhile...

• Sad 1

With the CDC now recommending people wear masks in public, and since Cedar Fair in earlier park messages say they follow CDC guidelines, and if any park was to open this season, how would masks be viewed when boarding a coaster?  Are masks loose articles which are forbidden on coasters?  Some masks have the elastic behind the ears which would be similar to eye glass straps, so those might be okay.   Some fabric masks, non-medical masks, and bandanas tie behind the head which do have a potential to “fly off” when coaster riding.   Definitely will be interesting to see how Cedar Fair handles the CDC mask recommendation especially on coasters if they do try to open any of their parks this season.

Stores needed to limit the crowds. They were just way too crowded and that's what we're trying to eliminate to slow the spread. You don't need to take your whole group of 10 into the store with you and have kids touching everything and putting it back on the shelves. I don't really see that impacting staffing. Stock is only a finite supply. That shouldn't affect the behind the scenes operations at the stores. And to cut down on lines inside the store, they should have more checkout lanes open. 

57 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

With the CDC now recommending people wear masks in public, and since Cedar Fair in earlier park messages say they follow CDC guidelines, and if any park was to open this season, how would masks be viewed when boarding a coaster?  Are masks loose articles which are forbidden on coasters?  Some masks have the elastic behind the ears which would be similar to eye glass straps, so those might be okay.   Some fabric masks, non-medical masks, and bandanas tie behind the head which do have a potential to “fly off” when coaster riding.   Definitely will be interesting to see how Cedar Fair handles the CDC mask recommendation especially on coasters if they do try to open any of their parks this season.

Only recommendations, not that you have to. Wearing a mask in public is to protect others and not necessarily yourself

On 3/11/2020 at 7:56 PM, King Ding Dong said:

How about somebody here put on a mask, have someone drive you down the interstate at 70mph, do not go 91mph as that would be illegal, and then stick your head out the window for a minute and a half and see what happens.  Report back the results of your experiment. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

Still waiting on someone with a mask to give this a try so we know how well masks will work on a coaster. :lol: