Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

UV will kill it, but one does not get enough from sunlight to be effective to kill it.
Water treatment plants use UV to disinfect.  If it is a water plant, then chlorine will be added as well before it is sent out into your home.  If it is wastewater, then it will be discharged to a water body. 
UV radiation affects microorganisms by altering the DNA in the cells and impeding reproduction. UV treatment does not remove organisms it merely inactivates them. The effectiveness of this process is related to exposure time and lamp intensity as well as general water quality parameters.  
The exposure time is reported as "microwatt-seconds per square centimeter" (uwatt-sec/cm^2).  Most treatment plants have a lamp intensity of 30,000-50,000µwatt-sec/cm^2.  It takes 16,000µwatt-sec/cm^2 to kill all known viruses and bacteria in water...
It takes about 6,000µwatt-sec/cm^2 to kill the flu and 8,000µwatt-sec/cm^2 to kill hepatitis.  It is believed covid-19 will be comparable, but tests are still being done...
How much UV does the sun provide - equivalent to 8.5µwatt-sec/cm^2...enough to get a nasty burn, but not enough to kill a virus, or even fecal matter.  Wash your hands...
How can you kill fecal matter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Can the virus be spread through bulls**t? 

Well, some people are soundbite, click-bait educated and formed their opinion back in February based on what "someone" said...even if "someone" has since changed their opinion, some people are hard-headed and refuse to change their opinion based on new information...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

How can you kill fecal matter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

technically it is e. coli that is killed by UV, but fecal matter was the closest non-cuss word, non playground term I could think of that people may know what it is :P

But yeah, some wastewater plants incinerate fecal matter all the time...lots of flame...

30 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Been done before, just ask Carole $(&)#/ Baskins.

So I want to know what animal gets to eat the pandas.  

The pandas are property of China on loan on the Zoo, the Chinese Government is extremely strict and would most likely not allow that. 

Or before....hopefully we can keep up with vaccinations here in the US since in general it doesn’t require large gatherings like in remote villages in undeveloped nations.  Viruses do not respect borders so now is not the time to defund public health campaigns. 

In addition there is a growing body of evidence of other organ damage in those infected. Kidney, liver, heart intestinal permanent damage is serious. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-destroys-lungs-but-doctors-are-finding-its-damage-in-kidneys-hearts-and-elsewhere/2020/04/14/7ff71ee0-7db1-11ea-a3ee-13e1ae0a3571_story.html

Let's hope countries learn from what is now happening where this outbreak originated - places that had some of the most restrictive measures in place to try to contain it and flatten their curve are seeing the surge and locking down again or will be soon in all likelihood....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-china-asia-countries-resurgence/

17 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

But now you’re forcing ride ops to handle more germs. When in reality you touch the lockers and can easily just go wash your hands or squirt sanitizer.  People need to quit passing the buck into others. 
ride ops will have enough to do check restraints get a squirt of sanitizer repeat. They don’t need the extra exposure of bag handling when there are restrooms practically next door(ki speaking) to where ride lockers are.  Lockers for Banshee, mystic ( maybe Orion/FOF lockers got bathrooms addedIn that area LOLOL) are close enough you can take care of yourself in that regard.  

Believe you misunderstood my post as wanting ride ops to handle bags like they have at times in the past. I'm talking about cutting that practice completely.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-14/harvard-researchers-say-some-distancing-may-be-needed-into-2022

social distancing through 2022...

i don't think Kings Island will be opening this year lol

Or open in 2021 either....Orion all new for 2022..

Cedar Fair finally made all passes equal and made Wonderland passes valid through 2021...

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-14/harvard-researchers-say-some-distancing-may-be-needed-into-2022

social distancing through 2022...

i don't think Kings Island will be opening this year lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Even if those researchers know everything about the future, Who says you can’t social distance at a amusement park?

46 minutes ago, Fishely said:

Even if those researchers know everything about the future, Who says you can’t social distance at a amusement park?

You can social distance at an amusement park.  

There is a cost associated with that effort - limiting the number of guests allowed into the park, PPE for employees, more security to enforce social distancing, probably longer dispatch times and trains with every other seat and row empty, probably not every ride open, no shows inside, list goes on and on.   Do they charge a daily surcharge fee to address these additional costs not anticipated?  Rumpke added a fuel surcharge several years ago when gas prices were approaching $5/gallon...

How does the park determine who gets in operating at a reduced capacity - pass holders first, daily admission, or closed events?  They couldn't do it first come, first serve as no way social distancing would be followed.  Think line jumping is an issue now, wait until there is six feet between people...Do they kick people out and revoke their pass for violating social distancing?

Do they make money if all they let in are pass holders with meal and drink plans?

Do they divide the alphabet into the days and those with a last name A through C are allowed on Mondays, D through F on Tuesday, etc.?

The product provided will be a different experience.

A lot of questions CF needs to answer...

In addition to those answers, the park needs to be able to assure that they keep their employees and guests safe and make money operating at a reduced capacity.  If they feel they cannot address both, they don't open...

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

...the park needs to be able to assure that they keep their employees and guests safe and make money operating at a reduced capacity.  If they feel they cannot address both, they don't open...

I agree completely. I don't see the park opening up anytime soon. Its not worth risking the health of employees or guests especially if there's still a need to continue practicing social distancing. Sports leagues keep pushing their opening days back every month. 

Unless there's a steep drop in cases and an increase in people recovering, I don't see the park opening back up anytime soon.