Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

4 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Plexiglass in outdoor queue lines would get super hot super fast, couldn't do it unless you installed some sort of air circulation like a fan...which defeats the purpose of the glass.

With the theory outdoor spread is less prevalent than indoor, they could probably do the same as Shanghai and skip every other row for the queue.

It does make me wonder how CF would handle grouping on rides. If they do every other row it would split parties larger than 2 for many coasters. Wonder it they could put them all in behind each other then skip a row. 

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That sorta reminds me of Great clips lol

You are right LOL

And I envision these now in queue lines and like they will clear the them out at a certain interval and then hose them down with Clorox lol.

But I also think about food and showers with this classic clip from Seinfeld LOL

I wonder if Kings Island will still limit capacity---even ride capacity---after the governor lifts all restrictions. The customer demand is going to be there, and as a result so will be the $. This limited this-or-that could be very short-lived, is what I'm thinking.

• Like 1

I believe if major parks open up reservation banks for a late June/early July-Labor Day operating schedule that they will book up quickly. Especially parks like Kings Island and Hershey who have major new rides opening. Unnless there are strict limits or penalties, I think it will resemble a major concert on sale date, which have become a nightmare to get tickets for. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

What will probably end up happening with the reservation system is now it will become "exclusive" and the demand will be higher than if there was no reservation system - FOMO is real and a reservation system feeds that feeling..

It was pointed out earlier in this thread by former employees that the park capacity is around 70,000 and in the summer they said the park rarely hit days over around 35,000 or so and that would be a weekend.  So if a reservation system results in them hitting 7 days/week at 35,000, then they come out ahead than a typical summer weekday where they would probably be in the 20k range for most of the weekdays...

We all know from an attendance standpoint, CF as a chain will not break any attendance records (except for the wrong ones like lowest attendance in April LOL), but on a per day standpoint, they may actually have a higher average attendance per operating day number compared to a typical season because of the reservation system.  I can certainly see a real possibility that their per caps numbers will be decent this year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

What will probably end up happening with the reservation system is now it will become "exclusive" and the demand will be higher than if there was no reservation system - FOMO is real and a reservation system feeds that feeling..

It was pointed out earlier in this thread by former employees that the park capacity is around 70,000 and in the summer they said the park rarely hit days over around 35,000 or so and that would be a weekend.  So if a reservation system results in them hitting 7 days/week at 35,000, then they come out ahead than a typical summer weekday where they would probably be in the 20k range for most of the weekdays...

We all know from an attendance standpoint, CF as a chain will not break any attendance records (except for the wrong ones like lowest attendance in April LOL), but on a per day standpoint, they may actually have a higher average attendance per operating day number compared to a typical season because of the reservation system.  I can certainly see a real possibility that their per caps numbers will be decent this year.

If attendance is higher, I can’t even imagine the wait times with reduced ride capacity.

• Like 3

My definition of limiting capacity would be a crowd where the DB, FoF, MT all have naturally no more than 15 minute waits at which point SD the queues would be fairly straight forward and virtual queues would be unnecessary.  

I don’t think that is going to be Jurassic Park’s KI’s definition.  “Oooh! Ahhh! That's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.”

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Proof Chinese people will visit when a park opens - Tickets for Disney’s Shanghai Theme Park Sell Out in Minutes

FTFY.

• Haha 3

^I have no doubt people will flock to KI when it opens.  I also think their reservation system will "sell-out" very quickly - maybe not Disney quickly, but quick enough that people will be mad they didn't set their alarm to make the reservation when it opened...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t think that is going to be Jurassic Park’s KI’s definition. 

This is the 2nd Jurassic Park reference I've seen here lately. I only saw the movie...did Jurassic Park actually open in the book? Because in the original movie it never did actually open. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t think that is going to be Jurassic Park’s KI’s definition.  “Oooh! Ahhh! That's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.”

They're bringing back Dinosaurs Alive? 

3 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

This is the 2nd Jurassic Park reference I've seen here lately. I only saw the movie...did Jurassic Park actually open in the book? Because in the original movie it never did actually open. 

It opened in the fourth movie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Their timing is crap.  That was the perfect social distance attraction.   Everyone spaced 1/4 mile appart.

So what you're saying is they spared some expense

Hopefully KI has a better IT guy!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Looks like even this was cancelled...poor Jurassic Park

https://www.jurassicworldlivetour.com/?country=US&language=en-US,en;q=0.9

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

Looks like even this was cancelled...poor Jurassic Park

https://www.jurassicworldlivetour.com/?country=US&language=en-US,en;q=0.9

I was on their e-mail list, but never bought tix. Looked kinda cool, but good seats were expensive ($100+ up front). Maybe worth it but I never tracked down enough reviews to determine how good it is/was.

Pulled up the Diamond Back cam this morning. Yes it was chilly today, but really strange to see the trees and park looking fabulous on a May Saturday morning...and not a soul there. Freaking weird. I hate this.
Me too. It's starting to make me very sad and angry.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From what I read expect to add another zero to live performance prices in the near future. I still find it astounding that people pay more than $50 for tickets to anything, but they do.  

12 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Me too. It's starting to make me very sad and angry.

EF19C6E2-B754-43DB-A3AA-3B20663708D4.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I still find it astounding that people pay more than $50 for tickets to anything, but they do.  

I get that. But, it depends. Several events we've found being up front is totally spoiled worth it. As long as the price is not completely outrageous, that is. We all have to budget accordingly.

charlie.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I get that. But, it depends. Several events we've found being up front is totally spoiled worth it. As long as the price is not completely outrageous, that is. We all have to budget accordingly.

I grumble when we have to pay $20 to park get free tickets and get to meet the performer and get our picture taken.  My wife’s nickname for me is Cheap Bast*+d.:lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I grumble when we have to pay $20 to park get free tickets and get to meet the performer and get our picture taken.  My wife’s nickname for me is Cheap Bast*+d.:lol:

Translation...spent the evening with Taylor Swift for free and complains about having to pay for parking:P

• Haha 2