Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

9 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

As of now there are over 3000+ cases in the Cincy region, with the number of cases growing exponentially. The parks in the region won’t reopen until the number of new cases have leveled and the total number of cases start to decrease.

You have to remember we are testing more and new cases are just being reported that could've been from days or weeks ago. The more we test the more cases we get. 

15 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have no idea who Eric Stonestreet is but we also met Taylor’s Mom.  Does that count?

They look happier to meet her mom lol

image.png = image.png

Somewhere Taylor is telling people she got her photo with a star of Modern Family:P

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

LOL. Also why I don't do delivery much. For the $ I gotta pay for delivery plus tip I can get another order of breadsticks I don't need. Or another large on carryout special...that I also don't need.

I normally don't do delivery either for those reasons but when one is sick and the delivery fees are being waved one does it anyways.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

From what I read expect to add another zero to live performance prices in the near future. I still find it astounding that people pay more than $50 for tickets to anything, but they do.  

IIRC correctly, I paid about $69 to go to the last* Warped Tour 2 years ago. Though I saw a lot of bands and really enjoyed myself (also ran into @stashua123 and other people I knew, including a (now former) coworker), the highlight of my day was running into Chris Burney (Bowling for Soup's guitarist) before the show; I was starstruck as seeing/meeting BFS was one of the main reasons I was there. And yes, I went to the meet and greet after their show and gave Chris a hug, which was awesome! And that was worth the price of admission**! :D 

*They kept saying it was the "last ever" (annual) Warped Tour", but they had a 30th anniverary tour with 3 dates literally a year later.

** Also, $69 for a day of fun seeing 30+ bands on different stages is actually not a bad deal. However, I realize paying that much with the intention of only seeing one band (though I did also catch Simple Plan (and met them), 3OH3, and a few other acts) is a little crazy. But hey, that's just me lol.

EDIT: Also, you met Taylor Swift and her mom? Cool!

• Like 2

I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I only looked a few pages back, so pardon me if it is a repeat.  Some current and alum members of the Live Entertainment department pulled together a pretty cool message for everyone that enjoys their shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUULP1Pm7Bw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1zRgxrrXiU8Ph4fKq7NGtd4oSqtQ0WZqDF-Wth1WFXsXlobWc8uXIA1as

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

*They kept saying it was the "last ever" (annual) Warped Tour", but they had a 30th anniverary tour with 3 dates literally a year later.

I loved The Warped Tour...went to many, many of them! It’s semantics, and maybe slightly sleazy, but I think when they announced that it was the last tour they technically held to their word...Warped still goes on...but it doesn’t TOUR the country liked it used to. I consider it more like a Lollapalooza type event now. Some people may be upset that the last tour wasn’t truly the end of Warped...but how would anyone be upset that a good thing still lived on?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, guy1115 said:

I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I only looked a few pages back, so pardon me if it is a repeat.  Some current and alum members of the Live Entertainment department pulled together a pretty cool message for everyone that enjoys their shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUULP1Pm7Bw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1zRgxrrXiU8Ph4fKq7NGtd4oSqtQ0WZqDF-Wth1WFXsXlobWc8uXIA1as

That was amazing! Quite a few familar faces! :D

7 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Makes me think of KISS, who've had more than one "Farewell Tour." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, guy1115 said:

Awesome.  Simply a class act!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, robintodd said:

I' m suse this is just because of the stay at home order timing and it may be changed but Hotel Breakers will allow you to book in June.

I haven't heard of the hotel canceling on people in June yet. Mine isn't until July.

Last I read was minimum 2-3 weeks notice to open. Would they get non-public communication on when they can open since they're on the committee?

It has been revealed that this virus has been in Ohio since January according to antibody tests. I would be willing to bet that as they do more of those tests, that will go back further to even before we had even heard of this virus. This was long before everything got shut down.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dr-amy-acton-antibody-testing-shows-coronavirus-has-been-in-ohio-since-january/95-b78f9efa-bed4-4c02-898c-adc3e6846c9f?fbclid=IwAR2tmloiR7mKUqVP4pEkKw_SRnRrh4OJ9uXLtFV0rh6ywN9um_qtn-2HVpQ

There's a decent chance I'll be selected for one of those random antibody tests, I hit a lot of fairly unique identifiers. Also for the cars, that's probably maintenance and other construction crew working on making the park more social-distancingable. Plus, they probably called a decent amount of their office staff back in, which is not a small number.