Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

How does one social distance on the river?  Close the river and wave pools?  What about the kiddie play structure?  There isn’t a whole lot left.  

Better stock up on some Slip’n Slides now while they are still in stock.  Probably will be a good year for Intex.  

6 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Public pools will require you to stay within a swim lane/box except to exit the pool and alternate open/closed boxes. :lol:

Yes we like pools but got one for the home this year because we weren't sure what would happen this summer. We really want to keep her confidence up she has just passed her first swim class when everything shut down but her water confidence really grew from ki water park to swim lessons last year. Before that we could barely get her to swim in a hotel pool without either deathgrip on us or just hanging at the stairs :)  

been watching TN a lot and we're keeping our vaca the first full week of June. a couple of their water parks are open or opening soon. One is an outdoor one already open  with their inside part opening next month. And a huge one opening later in June due to not quite completed construction yet. Be interesting to see. 

IMO though this is our first time having Dollywood passes, the fact they only extended till a specific date of June 1st next year makes me think they will be opening June 1 or close to it.  But I'm sure extensions are easy to do if it doesn't happen but where other parks just automatically extended through2021, giving us whatever we may get out of this season and next, they didn't. 

to those wondering about carrying things- I'm making cufflet wrist wallets that are big enough for cash cards and an iPhone. What are your thoughts About something like that? I was thinking it would allow my hubby and me to marathon ( well the next time that's allowed) without lockers etc.   finding zipper pockets on girl shorts in fluffier sizes is either super expensive or ugly lol!  Either that or I'm going to make my own zipper pocket shorts specifically to ditch the bag! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

to those wondering about carrying things- I'm making cufflet wrist wallets that are big enough for cash cards and an iPhone. What are your thoughts About something like that? I was thinking it would allow my hubby and me to marathon ( well the next time that's allowed) without lockers etc.   finding zipper pockets on girl shorts in fluffier sizes is either super expensive or ugly lol!  Either that or I'm going to make my own zipper pocket shorts specifically to ditch the bag! 

I've been looking into the running belts so I can go bagless. I'm worried about anything on my wrist, knowing my luck hands up and it'd fly off.

It's not just fluffy sizes with zipper pockets hard to find. Even in men's sizes the zippered ones are few and far between. I blame the "skinny jeans" trend lol

54 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I've been looking into the running belts so I can go bagless. I'm worried about anything on my wrist, knowing my luck hands up and it'd fly off.

It's not just fluffy sizes with zipper pockets hard to find. Even in men's sizes the zippered ones are few and far between. I blame the "skinny jeans" trend lol

We use running belts.  Work perfect.  Fit right under our shirts never have to use a locker!

• Thanks 1

This data is largely being ignored. https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/China-study-suggests-outdoor-transmission-of-15229649.php

I don't know why it's being ignored because it makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels---especially in Spring and Summer. And it largely follows hundreds of years of general logic and understanding about virus-spread-knowledge.

Kings Island might actually be a safe-space.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, PatchesC said:

True I found more selection at old navy online,  but not in a sports style for women that I like. But yes my hubby has good luck finding them at kohl's or getting them as gifts. But we haven't looked in awhile for him since he all had a few pairs.
Best pair I found was at disney years ago. They were discounted for ink marks but they had zipper pockets, zipper side pockets and the pants legs unzipped to turn into knee length shorts. The material was super light weight and dried quickly great for water rides. I wish I could have a million of those pants :D 

So... my kids mom is a doctor( lucky her,or me her loans belong to her now!)but she works from home right now half the time thank God, so she's putting an underground pool in for the kids this year(I'm sure my child support is helping)! They live 5 minutes from my house so I'm sure I'll be taking care of it! Anyways, I told the kids, lets skip this summer and focus on all the rides next summer! I did some math(shocker) and if we wait and I set aside all the money I'd spent this summer, next summer we can roll out fastlane season passes and trips!!! They love that idea, and I'm with them, I'll put money aside all summer we'd be driving and spending and have it all by 2021!!!! What you guys and gals think? Talk is cheap, cause for some reason it opens up I'm sure to be there!!! (Keep it hush). 

So... I sent my kids mom the song Helena from my chemical romance(awesome band), she text me back last night," OMG, whats your plans"!!!! She's smart, I said taking kids to "Disney Tokyo Japan", get passports ready as soon as they open I'm booking flight!!!!  She knows I dont joke, so its On!!!! My son is only 6 and he still shy about planes and coasters so he stay back( I'm not the jerk dad about forcing kids) my daughters are 100% about flying and coasters, I can tell you they only cried when they wasn't tall enough!!!! Get this Covid19 out, we got to bang this out... Honestly, I have more coaster credits than you, so.... Im slap happy!!!! Forgive me!!!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jr for Birdy said:

So... I sent my kids mom the song Helena from my chemical romance(awesome band), she text me back last night," OMG, whats your plans"!!!! She's smart, I said taking kids to "Disney Tokyo Japan", get passports ready as soon as they open I'm booking flight!!!!  She knows I dont joke, so its On!!!! My son is only 6 and he still shy about planes and coasters so he stay back( I'm not the jerk dad about forcing kids) my daughters are 100% about flying and coasters, I can tell you they only cried when they wasn't tall enough!!!! Get this Covid19 out, we got to bang this out... Honestly, I have more coaster credits than you, so.... Im slap happy!!!! Forgive me!!!

Are you talking about when the country opens or when the park opens? 

2 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Are you talking about when the country opens or when the park opens? 

@Jr for Birdy Japan is still requiring a 14 day quarantine for international travelers.

• Confused 1

Why do they always go to Dennis Speigel for a resource in these articles? He’s the same guy who was for certain Diamondback was going to be a dive coaster because of the splashdown element. He was going by the blueprints that were leaked before the ride’s announcement. I don’t believe a whole lot of what he says. It’s up to the states to give the green light, not some other park in another country. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

@Jr for Birdy Japan is still requiring a 14 day quarantine for international travelers.

I'm a veteran in more ways than one, I know when parks open,etc.!!! Even when we dont know!!! Those that know dont talk, right now nobody knows!!! I'm not hopping a flight yet!!! I got my eyes open, and my money if so I choose to spend, I'm not going to waste it without a delay,refund, whatever. Grown man talk! 

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

This data is largely being ignored. https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/China-study-suggests-outdoor-transmission-of-15229649.php

I don't know why it's being ignored because it makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels---especially in Spring and Summer. And it largely follows hundreds of years of general logic and understanding about virus-spread-knowledge.

Kings Island might actually be a safe-space.

You lost me at China study.  Does make sense that it would spread less outside though.

Some additional insight into Six Flags procedures:

Reservations will be a day and time to limit how many enter at one time. Cincinnati Zoo announced they will do that too BTW.

3 tiers of registration levels - their top membership category gets first shot, passholders will be next, followed by daily admission.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-flags-reopens-post-pandemic-110017517.html

• Like 1

Reservations will be a day and time to limit how many enter at one time. Cincinnati Zoo announced they will do that too BTW.
3 tiers of registration levels - their top membership category gets first shot, passholders will be next, followed by daily admission.

I wonder if a pass holder would be able to buy tickets for non-passholders.

I wonder if a pass holder would be able to buy tickets for non-passholders, like their family.

Just got an email from Skyline corporate and they say they'll be letting dine in open up on the 21st and that it would be up to each individual store on how to go about opening up again, even within the corporate stores.   Also stated much about keeping social distancing and some stores having plexiglass between tables.  I also would think for the safety of table workers that there'd be no one sat at counter. 

As a follow up on something from earlier in the thread... Cedar Point emailed me this morning advising that my 3 night reservation for June 12,13,14 was cancelled and my deposit is being refunded. Not surprising or anything like that. Email stated it was due to uncertainty on opening date. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, medford said:

Our family get together in late June @ the pointe was cancelled as well with a full refund.

The phone lines were closed, but the chat feature was up to make the process super easy.

I have a July 10-16th res, no email yet.

5 hours ago, disco2000 said:

What does top tier mean? Who would be above passholder?  Not that the order is bad I just don't know what classifies top tier. 

12 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

What does top tier mean? Who would be above passholder?  Not that the order is bad I just don't know what classifies top tier. 

Six Flags provides a membership to their parks in addition to offering season passes.  The membership isn’t simply a payment plan. It’s a 12-month commitment, then beyond that, Six Flags will keep on billing you until you tell it to stop. You’re locked in for a calendar year and they hope you forget when the auto renew is...but they provide much more than the season pass does as well.

https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/store/membership

image.png

• Thanks 1

Here is the wcpo story video on Kings Island and COVID-19:

I’m going to say it one more time:

Dennis Speigel is the same guy who was for certain Diamondback was going to be a dive coaster because of the splashdown element. He also said both Orion and Diamondback had loops. He was going by the blueprints that were leaked before the rides’ announcement. He also said Banshee was going to be a wing coaster. So I don’t believe a whole lot of what he says. It’s up to the states to give the green light, not some other park in another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1