Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Option 3 works if Passholders are allowed to make reservations prior to ticket sales.

Option 1 and 4 make absolutely no sense to me.  Obvious wrong answer on the SAT.  Scratch them off.  

I don’t like option 2 but could be accomplished with wristbands.  Anyone with a blue wristband and not a red one after 4 gets a 60 day ban or you have to wrestle a hungry tiger.  

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I may have been exposed to the virus last Saturday (just found out this information yesterday). I am experiencing no symptoms currently and the person I know who tested positive is asymptotic.  The Dr said my chance of exposure was low since we maintained distance from the person and were out doors. Wish us luck! 

That sucks.   Was the person wearing a mask?  Did you get tested?  Are you in a 14 day quarantine?  How are your wife and kids taking it?  

6 hours ago, CheetahDrew said:

I found these photos particularly interesting I don’t know if anyone has gotten a survey from KI but these are some of the questions (Neither are my photo) 

F7BB4BFB-CA14-4968-B6EC-DE9BF6CCEE86.png

EBA403A9-3BB5-412E-A0E5-784FF7FEBBEC.png

Last option for me. I would love to take this survey for myself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Option 3 works if Passholders are allowed to make reservations prior to ticket sales.

Option 1 and 4 make absolutely no sense to me.  Obvious wrong answer on the SAT.  Scratch them off.  

I don’t like option 2 but could be accomplished with wristbands.  Anyone with a blue wristband and not a red one after 4 gets a 60 day ban or you have to wrestle a hungry tiger.  

That sucks.   Was the person wearing a mask?  Did you get tested?  Are you in a 14 day quarantine?  How are your wife and kids taking it?  

We all got tested beside by wife. We have been in quarantine. They were not wearing a mask but luckily we had no close contact. Kiddos are did better with the test than they have been dealing with not being in school. We just took our test today and now waiting results. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

They might briefly try options 1, 2, or 3. However, I anticipate they will quickly come to the conclusion that option 4 is the only option worth staying open for. Option 4 or close it up is most likely the decision they will have to make.

However they should be smart and knowledgeable enough to know if they can operate at an lower capacity and still “loose less than staying closed”.  They have capable number crunchers at corporate.  Option 4 is not going to fly with DeWine and shouldn’t with any sane person.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

However they should be smart and knowledgeable enough to know if they can operate at an lower capacity and still “loose less than staying closed”.  They have capable number crunchers at corporate.  Option 4 is not going to fly with DeWine and shouldn’t with any sane person.  

By July 4th I think you're going to see "insane". By your definition. For better or worse---and I mean that as I don't know how it will sort out. I'm sorry. I just think that's where we are going. I could be wrong.

That said I think the park itself will be doing things different. It will feel different to be there, and a lot of people won't show up. So it might not be quite as bad as you think.

Personally, I think the 4 "choices" are kind of "extreme" ends of various scenarios, and it is a way to gauge how eager people are to come to the park.  I cannot see any of them being implemented exactly as they are, but I could see a blending of several of them.

I think logistically from a staffing and start-up and daily inspection standpoint, 8am to midnight is out of the question.

Having entry being first-come, first serve would create a logistical nightmare and total non-compliance with social distancing efforts.

I think the hours would remain the same 10am to 10pm.  They will have to have some sort of reservation type system to control the crowds at the entrance.  Don't know if it will be 15-min or 30-min intervals, but some set interval.

I could also see them on lighter days try to split the day up into two segments 10am-4pm and 4pm to 10pm, or maybe put in an hour in-between to clear out guests and do a wipe down.  Probably a Tuesday for that day and maybe cater the 10am entry to the older clientele?  The issue with this one would be controlling the crowd rush at the beginning of each "shift" as people would want to get as much time in the park as possible.

I do think people will show up regardless - look at all the videos being posted of people crowding restaurants and bars.  As I mentioned earlier, what will probably end up happening with the reservation system is now it will become "exclusive" and the demand will be higher than if there was no reservation system - FOMO is real and a reservation system feeds that feeling..

So people are insane if they don't live their lives in fear?

24 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

There is a big difference between living your life in fear and shoulder to shoulder crowds which DO happen at KI with unrestricted access. 

If I went to Kings Island right now and was shoulder to shoulder with 40k people it would still be more likely for me to die on the drive over. 

for the people who I may come in contact with later the percentages may be much different. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

If I went to Kings Island right now and was shoulder to shoulder with 40k people it would still be more likely for me to die on the drive over. 

for the people who I may come in contact with later the percentages may be much different. 

That is some interest maths considering there were only ~40k automobile deaths in the US in 2019.  We are over 80k Covid-19 deaths and the year isn’t half over.  Unless your point is you are a bad driver.  :lol:

https://www.nsc.org/road-safety/safety-topics/fatality-estimates

That is some interest maths considering there were only ~40k automobile deaths in the US in 2019.  We are over 80k Covid-19 deaths and the year isn’t half over.  Unless your point is you are a bad driver.  
Except many of those covid 19 deaths May not be directly caused by the virus but they are presumptively caused by the virus. I mean if someone is dying in hospice care, and the death was expected, and this person can track a Corona virus a day before they died, it would be counted as a covid 19 death. That's disingenuous.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you have any evidence of that in statistically significant numbers.   More likely those numbers are undercounted because in many cases deaths outside of hospitals are not counted. That of course depends upon the level of corruption of the local authorities.  *cough* FL, GA *cough*

• Like 2

That is some interest maths considering there were only ~40k automobile deaths in the US in 2019.  We are over 80k Covid-19 deaths and the year isn’t half over.  Unless your point is you are a bad driver.  :lol:

my point is that I already had covid-19. And if I could get it again(which we don’t know) based on my bodies reaction to it the first time (not much at all). The chances of me dying would be very very small.

statistically that probability would also be very very small for those in my age group without pre-existing conditions

I have already cited a source on how the covid deaths are counted in the US.  Im just glad i could have drinks at a bar tonight.  If you do not want to take the risk you have every right not to.  If you do want to, you should have every right to take that risk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SOBwasaSOB said:

I have already cited a source on how the covid deaths are counted in the US.  Im just glad i could have drinks at a bar tonight.  If you do not want to take the risk you have every right not to.  If you do want to, you should have every right to take that risk.

I too had beer and pizza at a bar tonight. Or was it last night since its not Friday anymore? It was outside on a patio.

As an update to Kenwood Towne Center re-opening, it looks like a lot more stores have opened since I last posted:

https://www.kenwoodtownecentre.com/en/directory/open-stores.html

Still no Macy's, though...

Also, I did something fairly rare for me last night in light of this pandemic... I ordered something over the phone. Instead of going to Half Price Books and browsing (which I would normally do), I called to see if they had two items I was looking for. I ended up ordering one of the items, which will be shipped to the store for me to pick up. I say this is rare for me to do this as I usually will shop online or go in store to shop for things I want (and if it's not in store, I would request it at the service counter). I think one of the only other times I've ordered a product over the phone was when I called Cedar Point to have that Rougarou shirt sent to me a while back.

7 hours ago, bengalsguy23 said:

my point is that I already had covid-19. And if I could get it again(which we don’t know) based on my bodies reaction to it the first time (not much at all). The chances of me dying would be very very small.

statistically that probability would also be very very small for those in my age group without pre-existing conditions

Social distancing and masks is not and has never been about one's own health.  It's other people.  The fact that you can come in contact with it, not know you have it and then take it with you to other places you frequent where it is passed person to person until it hits someone in the vulnerable population.  I wear my mask to protect the vulnerable of the society, not to protect myself.  I do it for my fellow Americans.  I figure it's the least I can do considering I had a grandfather and an uncle that wore a flight suit to protect Americans.  It's kind of like cancer.  Until it hits close to home people tend not to take the risk seriously.  My wife is a nurse which is another reason I wear a mask.  Every time she comes home I don't know if she is carrying or not.  She is extremely brave and I love her more than words.  I challenge you to find another cause of death that hit 87,000 americans in 3 months.  People cite statistics and say "it's only killed 87,000 in a year".  Wrong it's been 3 months.  Which equates to 348,000 a year.  However since the growth is exponential you need to account for the fact that every 3 month period doesn't start out with 1 death so the number is a little higher.  We are now averaging on the low side 1,000 per day so at the current rate (during the stay-at-home) the toll for a year would be around 362,000 (((365 - 90) * 1000) + 87,000).  Averaging 1,000 deaths per day.  That's on the low-side we have seen deaths up to 2,000 a day and if that were maintained the number would be 637,000 (((365 - 90) * 2000) + 87,000).

In 2016 the average was 102 deaths per day for deaths in auto accidents.  Also wearing a seat belt is a law.  Wearing something to help keep you safe, and nobody is protesting wearing those.

I'm not suggesting not to go out.  Do so responsibly (just like when they say to not drink and drive "drink responsibly").  If not for yourself, then for someone's grandparent or other at risk person.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Oh, and Who Dey :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, robintodd said:

Social distancing and masks is not and

2 hours ago, robintodd said:

Social distancing and masks is not and has never been about one's own health.  It's other people. 

This is what I said in my original post. We’re just talking about self risk. Actual risk is a much different situation. 

Things for one to consider when or if any waterpark opens - it’s not the water that may infect you, but likely the surroundings are the risks.

Swimmers might become infected with Covid-19 from a viral droplet from a strangers' sneeze, or by touching surfaces in the changing room or shower. Research shows the Covid-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel surfaces, which may include a pool ladder, deck chair, or door handle.

https://apple.news/A-73MMciKRsCSbbGcjZk05w

• Like 1