Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

BS.  This administration is having every state fight on the open market for everything.   “More tests cause more cases”. They have been fighting it every step. He calls them a waste.  Wake Up!

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I don't think Turtle Man and Gov. Son of Chik'n Biskit are close personal friends. But maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Allies are not always friends and what does the Gov have to do with it he has no national power.  Turtle man does.

• Like 2

BS.  This administration is having every state fight on the open market for everything.   “More tests cause more cases”. They have been fighting it every step. He calls them a waste.  Wake Up!
Allies are not always friends and what does the Gov have to do with it he has no national power.  Turtle man does.
You ain't from here, so you wouldn't know. But they ain't friends. Trust me, the more tests, the better for the governor. He's enjoying his time in sun.

How do you make a vaccine for a virus that doesn’t exist?    Oh, I get it you buy into the whole Plandemic BS.  Figures.
First off you institute the DPA...Immediately.  He still hasn’t done it for the tests.  
I read his response about test kits, not vaccines.

Hers.  Lol.   Either way how do you make a test or vaccine for something that doesn’t exist?  Unless you are wearing a tinfoil hat?
The tests are plentiful. They are real. And they are spectacular. In a nutshell, you can believe what your spoon fed by politicians, by the mainstream media, or by alternative media. You can live your life in fear, or you can be brave and live on. King ding dong, it's obvious where your political bias lies. Please don't bring that up in a roller coaster enthusiast forum. I've seen nothing in the person that you are sparring with of a political nature. If you want to bring politics into it perhaps a private message is better. I'm not trying to moderate that is the moderator's job this is just a friendly suggestion.@bjcolglazier , if you are a woman I apologize for assuming you are a man please accept my apologies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Something relevant to my work.  https://apnews.com/aff923bc384089489d168ee2ced71a93

I've been trying to get rid of the fax machine at school for 10 years. The nurse requires it. Because in Indiana the hospitals and state still think fax is "secure". It's really sad. But this virus has exposed the sadness even more.

Oh, so when the high school kids walk over to city hall and ask for anything KI related to the next unannounced attraction, they need to add Fax to their FOIA requests:P

(teenagers now doing a google search on what a Fax is:P)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Oh, so when the high school kids walk over to city hall and ask for anything KI related to the next unannounced attraction, they need to add Fax to their FOIA requests:P

My brother-in-law got tested for Covid-19 about 2-3 weeks ago. He had to provide his negative paperwork to go back to work and asked the hospital to email him his negative. They said, "we can only fax it to you". Pffft. He had to go back into the facility just to pickup the paperwork because they would not and could not email it to him.. Absurd! But...very real. 

My brother-in-law got tested for Covid-19 about 2-3 weeks ago. He had to provide his negative paperwork to go back to work and asked the hospital to email him his negative. They said, "we can only fax it to you". Pffft. He had to go back into the facility just to pickup the paperwork because they would not and could not email it to him.. Absurd! But...very real. 
Do they not have a secure patient portal?

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Do they not have a secure patient portal?

Oh they do! Yes. I am familiar with their secure portal personally. Good point. I do not know for sure if this would have changed his situation to be honest. It might have? It was IU Health.

I do know that a lot of healthcare communication cannot be sent between a facility and a private email address specifically a patient. Patient privacy laws prohibit that information from going to an unsecured email address. we have carry around phones at work and you should see the complexity of the security of these phones that look like they were made in 1970. So I can understand IUs policy. And I would assume that that facility would have a patient portal set up because of meaningful use guidelines. With my patient portal if I need to print lab values or test results I can do that freely. and that also means to qualification set forth by the patient privacy laws.

• Like 1

Just jumping back to the subject of face masks for a bit.  The World Health Organization and the Public Health Agency of Sweden both have similar stances: face masks are not necessary for healthy people unless you're caring for someone who is infected.

WHO Masks FAQ

Public Health Agency of Sweden Info

You would think that with all of the diseases that have been floating around all our lives that there would be concrete evidence that face masks are (fill in amount) more effective than not wearing them.  Nearly all of the articles, medical and scientific journals, etc. have some kind of qualifier...masks may be effective in these situations; it might reduce the transmission.  And there are plenty of studies that have shown that masks do very little by themselves, that hand washing and social distancing is much more important.  Most studies also agree that most face masks won't prevent you from getting infected.  In the absence of conclusive proof, I think we'd all be better off just allowing anyone who wants to wear masks to do so and not judge those who don't and vice versa.   

• Like 1

You don’t even know the purpose of face masks, do you?

Lets do this again.  Of course there is a lot more to it, but for those that do not understand the basics this is a good first introduction.  Yes there is conclusive proof that any barrier including cloth can reduce the distance both large and small aerosol droplets can travel. Not eliminate completely, but reduce.

C2685CE8-6656-4DFE-AF5E-763311C2BCE7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

The problem I have seen with facemasks is that they are very hot when worn this leads to irritation and sweating. People will then touch their face to adjust the mask and then that’s an easy way to spread the virus. 

Yeah, if doctors and nurses look like this at the end of a shift, imagine what a KI employee will look like after working an open-to-close out in the heat...or a guest for that matter...

image.png

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-health-care-bruised-faces-masks-ppe-hospitals-doctors-nurses-italy-new-york/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah, if doctors and nurses look like this at the end of a shift, imagine what a KI employee will look like after working an open-to-close out in the heat...or a guest for that matter...

image.png

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-health-care-bruised-faces-masks-ppe-hospitals-doctors-nurses-italy-new-york/

Those are from goggles and N95 masks that have to seal. I have yet to have marks from my cloth or surgical mask on my face. The most damage is behind ears.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Those are from goggles and N95 masks that have to seal. I have yet to have marks from my cloth or surgical mask on my face. The most damage is behind ears.

True, but we do not know yet what requirements will be needed at KI....and even a cloth mask wearing it out in the heat all day can lead to irritation and acne issues.

Oh yea, how is it for you back to work wearing a mask in hot conditions? I do not remember if you gave an update, other than just now with the ears issue?

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/how-to-prevent-rash-mask-and-other-mask-wearing-issues/2356975/

18 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Oh yea, how is it for you back to work wearing a mask in hot conditions? I do not remember if you gave an update?

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/how-to-prevent-rash-mask-and-other-mask-wearing-issues/2356975/

The breathing/mask fit and glasses fogging are the biggest issues even with the antifog wipes. Pretty much it's only gotten to 80 degrees in the plant so far which normally is comfortable for me. (Yes I'm that person running around in summer with a jacket) They actually don't have paper surgical mask sizes that fit me so have to tie the elastic to shorten or the mask just flops around :lol:, but it's what I'm required to wear because I work "within 6ft of an individual for10 minutes or longer". Even then bending down it moves the mask and blocks part of my eyesight. I've been going to the restroom and taking my mask off about every hour to catch my breath. Think antifog is a little misleading because no my glasses don't "fog", but do still collect condensation and make things blurry until I can clean them. Best way to describe it is those "drunk goggles" police like to put on people.

I wonder how safe ride ops can be if their vision can be impeded with either during checks.

10 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

The breathing/mask fit and glasses fogging are the biggest issues even with the antifog wipes. Pretty much it's only gotten to 80 degrees in the plant so far which normally is comfortable for me. (Yes I'm that person running around in summer with a jacket) They actually don't have paper surgical mask sizes that fit me so have to tie the elastic to shorten or the mask just flops around :lol:, but it's what I'm required to wear because I work "within 6ft of an individual for10 minutes or longer". Even then bending down it moves the mask and blocks part of my eyesight. I've been going to the restroom and taking my mask off about every hour to catch my breath. Think antifog is a little misleading because no my glasses don't "fog", but do still collect condensation and make things blurry until I can clean them. Best way to describe it is those "drunk goggles" police like to put on people.

I wonder how safe ride ops can be if their vision can be impeded with either during checks.

That sounds...um miserable LOL, but we do what we gotta do to work and make money!

I am sure many KI employees will also be in the same situation as you that the elastic is too long, and many wear glasses, so there will be lots of issues.

Wonder if KI will ask for one of the "exceptions" allowing some positions to not be required to wear masks?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

That sounds...um miserable LOL, but we do what we gotta do to work!

I am sure many KI employees will also be in the same situation as you that the elastic is too long, and many wear glasses, so there will be lots of issues.

Wonder if KI will ask for one of the "exceptions" allowing some employees to not be required to wear masks?

If they are allowed cloth masks they may be able to get better fits vs the surgical style. Definitely different sizes would have them better prepared. Should expect more breaks and a slower pace.

12 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The tests are plentiful. They are real. And they are spectacular. In a nutshell, you can believe what your spoon fed by politicians, by the mainstream media, or by alternative media. 

Here's the thing, if someone isn't get their information from:

• scientists 
  • doctors
  • media
  • politicians/government 
  • historians

..then where are they getting their information on COVID-19?

Supplying a source might be helpful to others in seeing those viewpoints.