Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

18 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Oh crap wrong link.

I wasn’t trying to prove my point or anything, I just thought I’d share THIS link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/5269604002

That article isn't even an hour old and it has at least several errors. 

Beach was being sold and hadn't planned on opening before covid happened as I don't believe they had a buyer.

DisneyWorld has a re-open date of July 11th. 

Six flags isn't considering temperature checks, they ARE doing temperature checks.

Article says "Legoland is ready to reopen even earlier, preparing to receive visitors by May 1."  Are we not already past May 1 and they are not open.

Legoland is under Universal heading...I thought Merlin owned Legoland.

Kinda hard to put any credibility into that article...

I bet @Gordon Bombay and @Joshua and @Snowball among others loves seeing articles like this!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's an interesting article. It seems like the members of the travel and tourism group are starting to get fed up with Mike DeWine. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they start going after him kinda like what gyms did. 

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/05/ohio-tourism-industry-losing-patience-with-gov-mike-dewine-lack-of-timetable-for-reopening-zoos-museums-amusement-parks.html?fbclid=IwAR2TG3Rz8aTy3W5YZfQfTWso8l8Kkwf7ce5JTU4p0wz96CdvJwmJM8f0vU4

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Beach was being sold and hadn't planned on opening before covid happened as I don't believe they had a buyer.

Six flags isn't considering temperature checks, they ARE doing temperature checks.

Article says "Legoland is ready to reopen even earlier, preparing to receive visitors by May 1."  Are we not already past May 1 and they are not open.

I bet @Gordon Bombay and @Joshua and @Snowball among others loves seeing articles like this!

Seriously man, I’m just trying to give info. Things are changing every day, and any other article that can be even a month old can be even less reliable than this.

3 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Seriously man, I’m just trying to give info. Things are changing every day, and any other article that can be even a month old can be even less reliable than this.

It's not your fault the article is poorly written!

23 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I was knocking the article - it is one of the most recent articles available and almost more was wrong than right - there was no info in that article more accurate than anything else already posted here lol:P

I come across a lot of articles but after I read them I don't post here because they have bad information and/or are wrong.  Just because someone wrote an article doesn't make it accurate.  Posting bad info and misleading thread titles doesn't help ones reputation score and credibility around here lol:P

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's an interesting article. It seems like the members of the travel and tourism group are starting to get fed up with Mike DeWine. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they start going after him kinda like what gyms did. 

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/05/ohio-tourism-industry-losing-patience-with-gov-mike-dewine-lack-of-timetable-for-reopening-zoos-museums-amusement-parks.html?fbclid=IwAR2TG3Rz8aTy3W5YZfQfTWso8l8Kkwf7ce5JTU4p0wz96CdvJwmJM8f0vU4

Lol I posted that article in the last page. Some really interesting stuff in there! 

7 hours ago, CoasterFan3180 said:

The Schlitterbahn waterparks in Texas are planning to reopen in mid-June. This would technically make them the first Cedar Fair parks to reopen.

https://www.schlitterbahn.com/home/corp/information

Missouri state goes into Phase 2 June 1st which limits at 50% capacity for large entertainment venues, but some local governments are extending orders. Maybe World of Fun could be close?

11 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Merlin Entertainment owns Legoland.

14 hours ago, IceePirate said:

According to this article, the Travel & Tourism Advisory Group submitted guidelines to the governor 2 weeks ago. So now we know that the whole "it's being worked out in groups" thing is nothing more than him hiding behind the curtain so to speak. I'm not saying I don't disagree with his decision, but I would like a lot more transparency when it came to these matters. He is essentially lying to the public by saying that the advisory groups are still working when in fact, they've submitted their plan 2 weeks ago. With the addition of businesses in that sector already announcing tentative opening dates for June 15th and 30th in some cases, I feel like he's gonna be backed into a corner sooner or later.

It's also an interesting read, because the article specifically goes into detail about what restrictions we might expect. Things like one way entry and exits, off limits areas, among other things.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/05/ohio-tourism-industry-losing-patience-with-gov-mike-dewine-lack-of-timetable-for-reopening-zoos-museums-amusement-parks.html

I think that a date of June 14th or around there would be good to announce. It would be in line with Indiana and would prevent Holiday world and places like that from getting practically overrun even with capacity requirements.

EDIT: I think that this is why we've been seeing a lot more testing on rides recently. They've submitted their plan, so they're probably working to implement it on the assumption that it's going to be put in place.

I don't think Holiday World's in danger of being overrun. They're running at drastically reduced capacity and yet haven't even sold one of their days out yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chibul said:

I don't think Holiday World's in danger of being overrun. They're running at drastically reduced capacity and yet haven't even sold one of their days out yet.

With no waterpark until July I know some people who've chose to wait a couple weeks. Guess those may be more telling days?

6 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

With no waterpark until July I know some people who've chose to wait a couple weeks. Guess those may be more telling days?

That's a good point. But then again I'd also imagine they'd increase capacity for the waterpark as well. 

35 minutes ago, Bansheelover said:

Hopefully details will be released in the coming days. Assume the reservation system will allow someone to reserve for their whole party. And same with a questionnaire and mobile ordering. 

Health questionnaires are worthless - people that are asymptotic don’t even know they are exposing others, and some people will just not tell the truth to any question asked.  If the Cedar Fair “technology modules” are anything like their Pass Perk module from last season, things will not go very smoothly, not to mention when the server(s) has any hiccups.

14 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Health questionnaires are worthless - people that are asymptotic don’t even know they are exposing others, and some people will just not tell the truth to any question asked.  If the Cedar Fair “technology modules” are anything like their Pass Perk module from last season, things will not go very smoothly, not to mention when the server(s) has any hiccups.

To this day I never received my "pass perks" :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Health questionnaires are worthless - people that are asymptotic don’t even know they are exposing others, and some people will just not tell the truth to any question asked.

And even if people are showing symptoms, they still show up...in this case it was two employees that showed symptoms yet still decided to work for eight days and then tested positive and exposed 140 clients. Health questionnaire was useless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/26/us/coronavirus-hair-salon-customer-trnd/index.html

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

And even if people are showing symptoms, they still show up...in this case it was two employees that showed symptoms yet still decided to work for eight days and then tested positive and exposed 140 clients. Health questionnaire was useless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/26/us/coronavirus-hair-salon-customer-trnd/index.html

This is why I basically trust no one and will be staying away from crowded public places AMAP. I'm glad my kids' summer camp is running because we need the care-but as long as i can camp and play golf I'm going to chill for a bit. 

41 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Elevated temperatures are not always present either, so while a great screen tool it is very imperfect. Are any of you certain that no KI employee would do the same if they really needed the money?  “Welcome back riders, how was your ride!”