Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Honestly, I find it a bit annoying that KI can't open yet. I understand the concerns, but Universal opens on the 5th, Disney is set to have all their parks open by July 15th. I believe KI could handle opening the park by mid June or by July 1st. I just can't see them opening the park any later than July 15th since they'll have just a little over a month of "normal" operation. Fingers crossed

• Like 4

Although they probably still haven't recieved a firm date for opening, as of this morning KI has erected a couple of large white tents right outside of the security checkpoints at the main gate.  I would assume these will be used for temperature checkpoints.  Forward progress is a decent sign.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, SHMAN1 said:

Although they probably still haven't recieved a firm date for opening, as of this morning KI has erected a couple of large white tents right outside of the security checkpoints at the main gate.  I would assume these will be used for temperature checkpoints.  Forward progress is a decent sign.

That does make me feel better, personally. I’ve been worried they might just call off the season all together. Hopefully the order is not extended to August 1st when July comes around. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Interesting I'm wondering why the lack of any news from their other property Dollywood. Not even an extension since that states that year till June 1st 21. They even had permission since Memorial Day to open if they chose to.  Maybe they'll say something soon.

1 hour ago, ClikClakDiamondback said:

Not exactly the best photo but they have two decent sized white tents up at the entrance now. cb8888152a638630f20003e43345efa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for getting a photo.  I couldn't stop to get one when I reported on the tents earlier today.

As for the parking lot, it is crazy to see how quick the weeds are popping through without the daily traffic running over them.  I would imagine that they will spray or otherwise cut the weeds down before opening.

• Like 3

You guys going on about the parking lot again.   KI keeps the asphalt in tons better shape than ODOT does the stretch of I-71 between Cbus and Mason.  What is the speed limit in that lot, 15mph?   

I will concede the weeds make it look a little Six Flagy.   :P

20 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

It sure highlights that all the parks have really missed the boat by not having a lawn tractor themed coaster.  Just think what Orion could have been.

Even better, let the guests mow the lawns on really fast tractors. We don't need no stinkin' rails!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

You guys going on about the parking lot again.   KI keeps the asphalt in tons better shape than ODOT does the stretch of I-71 between Cbus and Mason.  What is the speed limit in that lot, 15mph?   

I will concede the weeds make it look a little Six Flagy.   :P

Definitely Wally World in NLV :-D

Ohio Governor Office Press Conference Update:

Schools are to start in person in the fall, barring any unforeseen circumstance.

All medical procedures, including those with overnight stay, are now allowed to begin.

Talked about the stuff happening around the Country that the Mod's suggested not be discussed on KIC.  That has been the bulk of the press conference.

Still waiting for theme parks - will edit and update if he says anything, or will create a new post if too many posts show up after this one.

Edit: DeWine said in two days will be an announcement for museums, zoos, etc.  He said for most of the attractions, it will be good news.  So one could take away from that that some may not be given a date to re-open?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1