Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

11 minutes ago, Nick_Plummer said:

Immediately sounds amazing, but many employees (myself included) have only completed a small part if not none of their training. I hope people don't take the "immediately" too literally.

Agreed, I am one of the trainers for my area and this is definitely going to put us in a situation where we have to be fast about training people. 

4 minutes ago, CheetahDrew said:

Agreed, I am one of the trainers for my area and this is definitely going to put us in a situation where we have to be fast about training people. 

Hopefully the public gives more patience for you guys. Being new at anything is stressful, having plenty ppl watching makes it worse.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Agreed, the park put hiring on a freeze during peak hiring time, so they won't be able to open without all the employees they need unless they want ride closures, reduced restaurant capacity, fewer merch shops, ect. I expect we will see a large ad campaign come out of the park soon for hiring, and maybe 3 weeks to open.

The park will likely open not allowing for full guest capacity so I don't see a reason you would need to staff the park fully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, flightoffear1996 said:

The park will likely open not allowing for full guest capacity so I don't see a reason you would need to staff the park fully.

There's a very high turnover of staff year to year. I'd be willing to bet that any staff that stayed from the previous year would be enough for a skeleton crew, but it would be a terrible guest experience even with reduced capacity. There is a minimum staffing number you need to reach regardless of how many people are in the park. For example, rides kind of have to be staffed, while you might be able to pull one or two people off of a ride and send them home or not have them come, you still need enough to operate it.

23 hours ago, KIBeast said:

That could be detrimental to their health as well. I'm seeing now where some Walmart employees who wear masks 8 hours/day are getting pleurisy from breathing CO2.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/facebook-posts-spread-unsupported-anonymous-claim-that-face-mask-use-caused-a-lung-infection-in-a-healthy-teenager/

Based on that vote today,  I wouldn't expect an update today now LOL.  That potential HB vote may have been another reason he cancelled the presser today...

I do not see DeWine approving this if it makes it to his desk.

When the house talked about stripping the medical director with the authority to pass these orders, DeWine adamantly announced he would veto it if it hit his desk.  I think he will look at this as the same type of thing as it would be essentially striking him from his ability to pass these orders...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Based on that vote today,  I wouldn't expect an update today now LOL.  That potential HB vote may have been another reason he cancelled the presser today...

I do not see DeWine approving this if it makes it to his desk.

When the house talked about stripping the medical director with the authority to pass these orders, DeWine adamantly announced he would veto it if it hit his desk.  I think he will look at this as the same type of thing as it would be essentially striking him from his ability to pass these orders...

Guess it depends how much money he's willing to lose for his state. Every neighboring state is opening theirs including major ones like disney and universal etc. he's going to put himself in a tight spot if he doesn't allow them. It also means Ohioans we'll take their money elsewhere if they so choose because they aren't open. If he wants tax revenue coming back in he's going to have to allow the openings.  People will also get more upset by more cuts to their cities etc if he further delays openings. Most city owned pools though allowed, aren't opening because they can't afford it because they are having to replace funds he cut earlier in this crisis.

5 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Guess it depends how much money he's willing to lose for his state. Every neighboring state is opening theirs including major ones like disney and universal etc. he's going to put himself in a tight spot if he doesn't allow them. It also means Ohioans we'll take their money elsewhere if they so choose because they aren't open. If he wants tax revenue coming back in he's going to have to allow the openings.  People will also get more upset by more cuts to their cities etc if he further delays openings. Most city owned pools though allowed, aren't opening because they can't afford it because they are having to replace funds he cut earlier in this crisis.

Hoosier neighbor here, I'm getting impatient waiting on a question of do we have vacation plans in Ohio this summer or not. I'm starting to regret skipping Uni this year.

No doubt DeWine is concerned about the economic situation of Ohio, but he is also concerned about the health of the individuals of the state as well.

As he pointed out when the House was trying to limit Dr. Actons abilities, he mentioned that by virtue that bill also would give any Ohioan the legal right, or standing, to sue over an order without having to prove they’ve been irreparably harmed. DeWine said that could put courts in control over orders and he said it could also work the other way – that people could sue over orders to reopen if they don’t like them and want places to remain closed.  Then you have the courts hearing two cases - one arguing to open and another arguing not to re-open.  Nobody wins in that situation (except the lawyers)...

I doubt he would sign this bill as it would then potentially mean that IF we get a second spike and he declares another Health Order, that this bill would essentially take precedence over that order.  As an attorney he will be very cautious about allowing a bill get passed that would set a precedence with unintended consequences...

• Like 3

Dollywood opens to the general public June 17 - temperature checks and face mask (or face covering) required.

• Dollywood and Dollywood's Splash Country will reopen to the general public on June 17, with Season Passsholder-only days on June 15 and June 16.
  • Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort & Spa will reopen on June 10.

23 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

No doubt DeWine is concerned about the economic situation of Ohio, but he is also concerned about the health of the individuals of the state as well.

As he pointed out when the House was trying to limit Dr. Actons abilities, he mentioned that by virtue that bill also would give any Ohioan the legal right, or standing, to sue over an order without having to prove they’ve been irreparably harmed. DeWine said that could put courts in control over orders and he said it could also work the other way – that people could sue over orders to reopen if they don’t like them and want places to remain closed.  Then you have the courts hearing two cases - one arguing to open and another arguing not to re-open.  Nobody wins in that situation (except the lawyers)...

I doubt he would sign this bill as it would then potentially mean that IF we get a second spike and he declares another Health Order, that this bill would essentially take precedence over that order.  As an attorney he will be very cautious about allowing a bill get passed that would set a precedence with unintended consequences...

But, Dewine also stated that Ohio would open things in a coordinated effort with surrounding states.  Both Indiana and Kentucky are reopening things ahead of what Ohio is doing, which could likely force people to visit those states instead of people spending money in the state of Ohio.  Again, how is going to a zoo (with limited capacity and indoor exhibits closed), less safe than going to an indoor restaurant?  I am all for being safe (I have to wear a mask at work, which is irritating with my glasses), but it seems like restaurants were quick to open, and that Dewine is dragging his feet on zoos and amusement parks....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I apologized I didn't read the full bill and if they are trying to put in non opening type agenda then he is well within good to deny.  I hate when they try to sneak in stuff attached to bills meant for something else.  Hope compromises can be found.

10 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

But, Dewine also stated that Ohio would open things in a coordinated effort with surrounding states.  Both Indiana and Kentucky are reopening things ahead of what Ohio is doing, which could likely force people to visit those states instead of people spending money in the state of Ohio.  Again, how is going to a zoo (with limited capacity and indoor exhibits closed), less safe than going to an indoor restaurant?  I am all for being safe (I have to wear a mask at work, which is irritating with my glasses), but it seems like restaurants were quick to open, and that Dewine is dragging his feet on zoos and amusement parks....

Soapbox...

How is buying a game @ Target because 5% of their store is dedicated to selling something resembling real groceries any safer than buying a game @ gamestop who dedicates 0% of their isle space to anything resembling real groceries?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, medford said:

Soapbox...

How is buying a game @ Target because 5% of their store is dedicated to selling something resembling real groceries any safer than buying a game @ gamestop who dedicates 0% of their isle space to anything resembling real groceries?

I've actually been more careful just so if KI or CP does open, I'm less likely to have Covid19 when I go and not be allowed in. In the past month I've been to the store once for groceries. Maybe THAT'S the whole problem.....:blink: