Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Curious when the reopen date will be and how soon Cedar Fair gets their safety measures out there. 

Figuring 4th of July weekend is a bad one to reopen, but is there enough time to staff the park and train crews by June 26? That would give the park a week to acclimate to crowds. 

Also, eager when they'll give word that we can buy tickets (assuming we'll have to buy for specific days). 

2 minutes ago, Kenban said:

They should be able to hire and train before they are open to the public.  The two weeks from today is the earliest day they can open for guests.

According to a poster here they're already hiring people - that person was hired earlier this week. 

As long as they're open by the end of June we'll be happy. We made hotel reservations to hit Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom the last week of June...that might be changing.

1 minute ago, cdubbs727 said:

Curious when the reopen date will be and how soon Cedar Fair gets their safety measures out there. 

Figuring 4th of July weekend is a bad one to reopen, but is there enough time to staff the park and train crews by June 26? That would give the park a week to acclimate to crowds. 

Also, eager when they'll give word that we can buy tickets (assuming we'll have to buy for specific days). 

Also curious how it'll work for platinum passholders (if we'll have to reserve for certain days etc)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm wondering if KI may do some Orion first rider stuff in 2 weeks since the ride is pretty much ready to go.

It would almost seem like a guarantee that they'd do a soft launch for passholders for a day or two before opening to the public, I'd guess. That's what most other parks are doing.

• Like 1

Dollywood would be a good model to follow.  Everyone has to make a reservation and entry times staggered. X number of spots reserved for passholders depending on the day and limiting the number of times a passholder can come for the first month (2 peak days, or 3 non peak days).  Seems like that's fair for everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

And the IN & KY Governor are now ticked Ohio parks are opening:P

I mean, IN resident here...we would've been first time visitors to both of those parks. But this was the first year ever that we bought Platinum passes (we planned to go to Worlds of Fun as well originally)...and so switching plans is a no-brainer for us :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Dollywood would be a good model to follow.  Everyone has to make a reservation and entry times staggered. X number of spots reserved for passholders depending on the day and limiting the number of times a passholder can come for the first month (2 peak days, or 3 non peak days).  Seems like that's fair for everyone.

Yes I like their way it seemed fair and was easy to use.

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm wondering if KI may do some Orion first rider stuff in 2 weeks since the ride is pretty much ready to go.

They did ask for volunteers, now we just have to be guinea pigs for all the other rides as well lol:D think it was around 450 ppl?

41 minutes ago, CheetahDrew said:

Oh it is finally over, Thank God, I truly believe that he would not have made this announcement today if they had not filed that lawsuit. 

During the press conference Dewine said he told the business in this "other" category he would make the announcement in a week and that was a week ago meaning he planned to announce this today all along and the suit was nothing but an insult.

42 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

During the press conference Dewine said he told the business in this "other" category he would make the announcement in a week and that was a week ago meaning he planned to announce this today all along and the suit was nothing but an insult.

He can say whatever he wants that doesn’t mean it is necessarily true, if that were the case I don’t believe they would have filed suit. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

^ Wait, which Diamondback? That really short, slow, kind one?

;)

Ok so I’ve been absent from the site for a lil while... I’m not sure if y’all are messing around or not. Is dbackdreams actually Terpy or something?

18 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

Ok so I’ve been absent from the site for a lil while... I’m not sure if y’all are messing around or not. Is dbackdreams actually Terpy or something?

No, just read pages 106 to now, you will see. Oh yeah, he also managed to post more than 50 things on this site on his first day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kodistict said:

No, just read pages 106 to now, you will see. Oh yeah, he also managed to post more than 50 things on this site on his first day.

Is that badd?

2 hours ago, DubVLegend said:

whats a terpy?

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

^ Wait, which Diamondback? That really short, slow, kind one?

;)

your joking, right?????  Diamondback is the biggest meanest talllest  longest metal coaster ever to strike Kings Island and yes I know about oroin but it doesnt strink Kings Island.

The one you are talking about is in snoopy world and is by chick fil ay

1 hour ago, dbackdreams said:

I hope everydoby that said it wont reopen this year are happy that it will.  I cant wait to ride my Diamondback!!!!!!!!

After some research I am assuming that you are hoping everyone that said it wouldn't open will be happy...but, on the off chance you were specifically talking about someone named Everett, ignore this post.*

everydoby.jpg

*I'm just filling in for King Ding Dong until he can get on here and give you a hard time. ;)

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

John Matarese mentioned KIC in his article about the lawsuit lol.

Screenshot_20200605-013907.png

do you know him?  or can you just watch him.  where did you find this i want to see what he says. he is the one who started talking about kings lisland getting the gonga coaster laste year.  I remember it.

11 minutes ago, standbyme said:

After some research I am assuming that you are hoping everyone that said it wouldn't open will be happy...but, on the off chance you were specifically talking about someone named Everett, ignore this post.*

everydoby.jpg

*I'm just filling in for King Ding Dong until he can get on here and give you a hard time. ;)

that King Ding Gong is a meanie.  He makes fun of me and makes dirty comments about things that kids shoulnt see.  I dont know who Evrettt is what did he do?