Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

10 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

That would depend on what the rules are, they have not been announced yet. Would I throw a fit? No. Would I inform the appropriate park personnel?  Of course, wouldn't you?   

If you encountered a guest taking a dump in the fountain would you just walk on by or would you let someone know about it?  Not saying you would have some responsibility, just wondering what you would do.

That's an absolutely absurd comparison. 

Masks during outside activities are absurd. That's pretty much it. Outdoors is said to be the best place you can be. If masks are required and we decide to go, rest assured on a hot day there will be times that literally everyone will pull their mask down for a breather. So I guess have fun playing Karen all day instead of enjoying yourself?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Employees are wearing mask to prevent their droplets from going on others.  Park patrons wear masks to keep their droplets from going on each other and park employees.  A bandana covering your mouth and nose does quite a bit to help the spread.

Oh absolutely, I'm not disputing that at all. I completely agree.

In prep for our two summer trips this year, I wanted to see how it felt to wear one outside for a longer period of time. To that end, I wore one that we bought recently, lightweight that fits around the ears while playing a round of golf yesterday. It was in the mid 70s, sunny. It wasn't great. At the turn it was already pretty sweaty and breathing wasn't great. I'm looking forward to the parks this year, but I think the masks are going to be pretty uncomfortable and frustrating. Cost of doing business right now, but not great nonetheless.

1 minute ago, JimParker85 said:

In prep for our two summer trips this year, I wanted to see how it felt to wear one outside for a longer period of time. To that end, I wore one that we bought recently, lightweight that fits around the ears while playing a round of golf yesterday. It was in the mid 70s, sunny. It wasn't great. At the turn it was already pretty sweaty and breathing wasn't great. I'm looking forward to the parks this year, but I think the masks are going to be pretty uncomfortable and frustrating. Cost of doing business right now, but not great nonetheless.

This is what I've been saying. Now imagine that in the upper 80s/lower 90s. 

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

There you go. Wouldn’t even have to slow down operations much.  Bonus rerides until the Mason Police show up and cuff you right in the seat.  :lol:   With all the court costs and fines the perps would have to pay this could go a long way to making up the budget shortfall Mason and the county are facing.   Win-win.  

That's flawed, what if that guest has a disability or has a medical issue come up for constant re-rides? What if someone has to get medical sent then? What's your plan then genius? I can see the news article now, K.I guest has medical issues as K.I holds guest hostage on coaster for not wearing mask. Ya it's there rules but I bet you didn't think of any of that did ya? But again there's no arguing, you just like to paint your own picture and be annoying like other members have stated. Seems like you can't see the argument for both sides, only one you see is your side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

That's flawed, what if that guest had a disability or has a medical issues come up for constant re-rides? What if someone has to get medical sent then? What's your plan then genius? I can see the news article now, K.I guest has medical issues as K.I holds guest hostage on coaster for not wearing mask. Ya it's there rules but I bet you didn't think of any of that did ya? But again there's no arguing, you just like to paint your own picture and be annoying like other members have stated. Seems like you can't see the argument for both sides, only one you see is your side.

You guys take things to seriously sometimes. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

https://attractionsmagazine.com/we-wore-a-mask-all-day-in-the-hot-sun-at-a-theme-park-heres-our-experience-and-advice/

People are already doing it in florida.

Maybe people just need to get over themselves.  

I don't think it's about "getting over themselves" at all. That may be one person's experience but the average person isn't going to have a fun time wearing a mask on a hot day at a theme park.

4 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Just proved my point. 

:lol::D:P <-- See these things.  Do you know what they mean?  You must be fun at parties. :lol:

Funny how you hounded someone for an answer but when someone else asks you for the same you can't.

Just now, spooky21 said:

Funny how you hounded someone for an answer but when someone else asks you for the same you can't.

lol.  You still don't get it do you?  Imprisoning people in a ride restraint is a joke, do you seriously think that would even be legal? Even BJ laughed at it.  Good grief.  Lighten up dude.

3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

lol.  You still don't get it do you?  Imprisoning people in a ride restraint is a joke, do you seriously think that would even be legal? Even BJ laughed at it.  Good grief.  Lighten up dude.

So multiple posts on the subject, and asking if selected restraints can be opened is a joke? Sure... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, IceePirate said:

That doesn't detract from the point, people get violent when they're told they can't do something like smoking or something. I can only imagine not being able to be let in a ride or be ejected from say festhaus when not wearing a mask

Co-workers from my former job have been saying customers have been extra hostile lately.  There's nothing like a bunch of grown men ranting about "wimps and participation trophies" before throwing temper tantrums in public because they are asked to wear the mask.  

If you actually cared about businesses as much as you say, you'd follow the rules those businesses establish, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. This is the compromise we all have to make to get everything back up and running. I myself hate wearing a mask. It's hot and sweaty, and I feel like I can barely breathe. But I do it anyway. Why? Because its respectful to those businesses, as well as to other people. 

If KI makes it mandatory to wear a mask, and you don't want to, then don't go. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chibul said:

I don't think it's about "getting over themselves" at all. That may be one person's experience but the average person isn't going to have a fun time wearing a mask on a hot day at a theme park.

Those will be the rules as set by precedent.  I am sure people would be more comfortable wearing bathing suits in the dry side of the park, men wearing no shirts, people smoking wherever they please, line jumping, etc.  People abide by those rules(for the most part).  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

In all fairness if they did trap people on rides for not wearing a mask, it wouldn't take long for others to use it as a positive way to get rerides. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PatchesC said:

In all fairness if they did trap people on rides for not wearing a mask, it wouldn't take long for others to use it as a positive way to get rerides. 

That is true, but I would think that strategy would get rather expensive and time consuming under Ohio Revised Code 1711.551  with the penalties defined under Ohio Revised Code 1711.99 

FastLane+ would be much cheaper.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at the webcams, I’m not seeing much activity at all in the park today. Must be a day off for lots of people. I figured there would be quite a bit of activity given that they’ve been given permission to reopen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Looking at the webcams, I’m not seeing much activity at all in the park today. Must be a day off for lots of people. I figured there would be quite a bit of activity given that they’ve been given permission to reopen.

Depending on what happens tomorrow with the hearing scheduled. I’d bet we see a lot more from the park after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Question. Do you think Kings Island will sell masks this year with ride logos on them? I think this would make wearing a mask fun.

Not sure Shawn but they might and also have Peanut Characters and all sorts of things. The limitation may be on getting them printed and shipped in time.

They could even have something like this so those displeased with the mask rules can express themselves in a non-violent manner.  :lol:

B952CA12-7950-4DE7-AB3A-529BF44CFEA8.jpeg

I found the one I want. 

DD075D57-F093-4D0C-9E45-6D57DF269766.png

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Question. Do you think Kings Island will sell masks this year with ride logos on them? I think this would make wearing a mask fun.

They'd probably sell quickly, but I'd worry about if they would fit me. I haven't been able to find an earloop style (only kind allowed at work) that fits yet unless I want a kid mask with dinosaurs or flowers on them, so stuck with the surgical masks that still don't fit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatchesC said:

They'd probably sell quickly, but I'd worry about if they would fit me. I haven't been able to find an earloop style (only kind allowed at work) that fits yet unless I want a kid mask with dinosaurs or flowers on them, so stuck with the surgical masks that still don't fit.

Are the loops too long?  My oldest has a small head and has that problem.  He was able to shorten the loops by tying a knot at the end.  

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Are the loops too long?  My oldest has a small head and has that problem.  He was able to shorten the loops by tying a knot at the end.  

Too long and the mask is too tall, so it rides up blocking part of my eyesight, even with the nose wire. It I shorten the loops it bunches in the middle lol