Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

2 minutes ago, chibul said:

Why is there even a hearing now? Isn't it a moot point?

Because the lawsuit said open immediately LOL and June 19th isn't immediately - even though they couldn't open immediately if they wanted to...and the lawsuit asked that the Health Department never be allowed to close them down again EVER for ANYTHING...

Here’s a good idea of how not to have to wear your mask around the park - bring (or buy) a refillable souvenir mug or carry a drink cup and sip on that drink while walking through park!  People visiting Universal noted that there was no enforcement of the face mask rule after entering (which is also likely what KI will see)

9A1863FC-7A10-4FBB-971A-8BF1CD50071E.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, Winterfestguy said:

Here’s a good idea of how not to have to wear your mask around the park - bring (or buy) a refillable souvenir mug or carry a drink cup and sip on that drink while walking through park!  People visiting Universal noted that there was no enforcement of the face mask rule after entering (which is also likely what KI will see)

9A1863FC-7A10-4FBB-971A-8BF1CD50071E.png

This is exactly what I thought would happen not too long after opening.

What we don't know is are these areas that Universal designated as areas you are allowed to remove the mask and this person is not reporting that part as that doesn't fit their narrative?  If I stood right next to this sign and took a picture, I could make the same claim, but would be wrong...

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, just asking the question...

Next we will see signs go up that drinks must remain in designated areas:P

image.png

so what's the news? do we have to wear mask or not, I hope not. but whatever if we do, just 100% hoping we don't have too, bring on the covid, sooner I get it, sooner im immune. with such a low mortality rate I have no concerns, if you don't like the chances of getting it, don't go to the park.

SUPPORT NO MASK! its the places choice to have mask or not. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

so what's the news? do we have to wear mask or not ...

They haven’t announced their plan to the public yet. I’d imagine it would be similar to other parks in the industry though.

so what's the news? do we have to wear mask or not, I hope not. but whatever if we do, just 100% hoping we don't have too, bring on the covid, sooner I get it, sooner im immune. with such a low mortality rate I have no concerns, if you don't like the chances of getting it, don't go to the park.

No one knows if masks will be required. We do know that the Columbus Zoo doesn’t make them mandatory though.

Things can change, but according to this article (and the media is wrong sometimes:P), masks will be required both for patrons and employees and both Cedar Fair parks will open with a reduced number of guests. 

Another article posted a few pages back in this thread indicated that attendance would be capped initially at 20%, so that would be an attendance of roughly 13,000 to 15,000 based on park capacity that employees have posted elsewhere in this thread.  According to posts on this thread, typical weekday is 23,000-29,000 guests, so this reduced capacity of 13,000-15,000 guests would be approaching half of say a typical Wednesday crowd.

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/249128/dewine-husted-impressed-by-cedar-points-reopening-plan/

39 minutes ago, chibul said:

Why is there even a hearing now? Isn't it a moot point?

According to an article I read they want to open up immediately or at least have the permission to do so. An attorney for Cedar Fair stated that they’d have to see if two weeks was sufficient.

8 minutes ago, CheetahDrew said:

According to an article I read they want to open up immediately or at least have the permission to do so. An attorney for Cedar Fair stated that they’d have to see if two weeks was sufficient.

2 weeks seems a bit rushed to me, I think it's much more realistic that we would see 3 weeks. Unless the only thing that's left is training and a few other small things. If so, then 2 weeks is possible.

10 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

2 weeks seems a bit rushed to me, I think it's much more realistic that we would see 3 weeks. Unless the only thing that's left is training and a few other small things. If so, then 2 weeks is possible.

Two weeks is just when they’re permitted to open, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll open in two weeks.

I'll probably end up waiting till the end of June before I go to the park, seems like there will probably a lot off selfish people willing to put everyone at risk just so they don't have to bother with a mild safety request.

Boggles my mind why so many always feel more important than everyone else. Smokers in line, people whinging about face coverings, littering. 

Just because you aren't at high risk doesn't mean you should risk everyone else around you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FreedomPenguin said:

The Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay are not requiring masks when they open in about a week so maybe that turns out to be good news for the Cedar Fair parks too? Depending on what side you are on.

12 minutes ago, Stoan said:

I'll probably end up waiting till the end of June before I go to the park, seems like there will probably a lot off selfish people willing to put everyone at risk just so they don't have to bother with a mild safety request.

Boggles my mind why so many always feel more important than everyone else. Smokers in line, people whinging about face coverings, littering. 

Just because you aren't at high risk doesn't mean you should risk everyone else around you.

That's why it's been such a hot button topic in general. Not everyone views masks as a reasonable request for one reason or another. Perception of risk from something that is invisible (the virus itself) is harder to get people to understand vs a car coming at you or some such visual hazard. 

No decision CF makes is going to make everyone happy.

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Keep in mind there are two similar suits.  The KI one in Warren County and the CP/Kalahari one filed in Erie County.  

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020/06/kings-island-kalahari-sue-state-to-reopen-parks-cedar-point-expected-to-join-case-today.html

I tried finding the Warren Co suit and it's not showing anymore in local records. Did it get moved from county court since other companies joined or just blocked from records?

3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I tried finding the Warren Co suit and it's not showing anymore in local records. Did it get moved from county court since other companies joined or just blocked from records?

I have not looked for it directly but the pdf linked in that article shows  Case No. 20-CV-93363.  That may help.  

49 minutes ago, Stoan said:

If they are high risk then why go to an amusement park in the first place? Seems like a dumb decision.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have not looked for it directly but the pdf linked in that article shows  Case No. 20-CV-93363.  That may help.  

Nothing, so maybe it's been thrown to Erie or state since it's been combined.

49 minutes ago, Stoan said:

It's not that people are being "selfish", it's that the science doesn't justify wearing masks outdoors unless social distancing can't be accomplished - and it can with the lower admission numbers. 

Only time it's justifiable to wear them is in queue or any indoor shops. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PatchesC said:

They'd probably sell quickly, but I'd worry about if they would fit me. I haven't been able to find an earloop style (only kind allowed at work) that fits yet unless I want a kid mask with dinosaurs or flowers on them, so stuck with the surgical masks that still don't fit.

Learning express out of Centerville Ohio sells kids teens and adults. If your smaller face a teen masks might work and they had simple designs like stars and plain colors. And they do ship. They all look like the light cotton style and should be comfortable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chibul said:

Is there any word on any of the other Cedar Fair parks opening yet?

In an investor call last week, Cedar Fair mentioned it would announce the reopening dates and plans for many of their parks this week. My guess is Monday or Tuesday, but I am pretty sure we will know before the week’s end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chibul said:

Is there any word on any of the other Cedar Fair parks opening yet?

No firm dates. Schlitterbahn "mid-June". Chance of some dates announced this week for Texas and Missouri. 

Seems like they are looking to have a few park date announcements at the same time to avoid overcrowding.

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

Nothing, so maybe it's been thrown to Erie or state since it's been combined.

If you are really interested in digging deeper I would send Susan Glassner an email and ask her the latest and if she has a link for you.  You would be surprised how responsive journalists can be to their readers these days.  I have received quick responses from even more national level journalists from large media organizations and even had some extensive conversations online with some.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

I'm curious to see if employees would be exempt from the reservation system. Seems like a neat perk to give when they have to work during this.

Would be nice, however I've heard speculation that employees won't be allowed to visit as a guest unless they buy day tickets. That would absolutely suck imo and would basically just take away the main benefits of working there. The employees would love to enjoy the park too when they can. 

• Like 2