Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

48 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Would be nice, however I've heard speculation that employees won't be allowed to visit as a guest unless they buy day tickets. That would absolutely suck imo and would basically just take away the main benefits of working there. The employees would love to enjoy the park too when they can. 

Really? That would take away the main benefit for a lot of employees. I have a platinum pass myself anyways that I don't plan on getting rid of, so I would be ok, but the majority of employees don't have that.

15 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Really? That would take away the main benefit for a lot of employees. I have a platinum pass myself anyways that I don't plan on getting rid of, so I would be ok, but the majority of employees don't have that.

Employees are already not allowed to use a season pass or purchase any season pass add ons. 

3 hours ago, PatchesC said:

No firm dates. Schlitterbahn "mid-June". Chance of some dates announced this week for Texas and Missouri. 

Seems like they are looking to have a few park date announcements at the same time to avoid overcrowding.

Definitely interested in the Missouri date. We had hotel reservations in May for Worlds of Fun before the world went to hell. Under the right conditions I'd consider still doing that in July.

Information (opinion) on need for masks outside when in a CROWD...

"He cautioned against developing a false sense of security in outdoor areas and said protesters should seek “high-quality masks” while practicing social distancing as much as possible — even in crowds. "

https://news.yahoo.com/scott-gottlieb-skullduggery-coronavirus-kavita-patel-protests-235827231.html

Also, sorry if this was already posted but "mask protocol and report" from Universal Studios...

https://attractionsmagazine.com/we-wore-a-mask-all-day-in-the-hot-sun-at-a-theme-park-heres-our-experience-and-advice/

25 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

I think the lawsuit was just a publicity stunt and they already knew the date they'd be allowed to open.  Hence the white tents already up at the entrance.

Could be, not my opinion but another theory is DeWine wanted them to sue so if this all goes south the blame can be shifted to them.  

7 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Look like Fast Lane has vanished from Cedar Fair parks for now. They don't even acknowledge it right now. 

We have a fast-pass for Cedar Point this year - bought it when it was on sale. One time use. I wonder if they'll make us use it in 2021 instead. Interesting.

I will likely be shamed for this... or at least someone will say "good, one less person", but I'm not waterboarding myself in sweat to ride a roller coaster this summer. This requiring everyone to wear masks is not something I will support. I'm still on team "you should be responsible for yourself". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I will likely be shamed for this... or at least someone will say "good, one less person", but I'm not waterboarding myself in sweat to ride a roller coaster this summer. This requiring everyone to wear masks is not something I will support. I'm still on team "you should be responsible for yourself". 

No shame from me. It's silly and goes against the known science behind this virus.

44 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

"Yea, and I'm not going back till they stop making you wear shirts, I hate when my pits sweat."  The virus numbers are up in 24 states.  Important to watch the next couple of days to see how the memorial day weekend affects the spread.

9 hours ago, Driver8rws said:

I think the lawsuit was just a publicity stunt and they already knew the date they'd be allowed to open.  Hence the white tents already up at the entrance.

Be careful saying that on this site, anything not praising the park will catch flak around here.  If you read the suit they filed, they said they were ready to open immediately, but here we are still waiting for them to announce a date in the future even though they have been given permission. This is nothing more then a publicity stunt and IMHO a bad decision by the park.

11 minutes ago, robintodd said:

"Yea, and I'm not going back till they stop making you wear shirts, I hate when my pits sweat."  The virus numbers are up in 24 states.  Important to watch the next couple of days to see how the memorial day weekend affects the spread.

Numbers were always going to go up as restrictions were eased, and as more testing became available. I know they're down/flat in Indiana, despite these factors.

37 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Virus numbers are up because they are doing more testing, what's important is hospitalizations, which are significantly down in Ohio.  Memorial Day was 2 weeks ago, you would have been seeing the spread by now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

The numbers are going up because testing has skyrocketed.  Florida did 41,000 tests yesterday with about 1,200 positive.  For a 2.9% positive percentage. You can say that the case count has gone up for sure but when looking at the whole picture there are no issues with 49 of 50 states.

Just reacting to number of positive numbers only with no comparison to how many test are being done is just lazy reportiing.

Also states are/ should be aggressively attacking hot spots now more than ever with the increased testing ability.  

Daily positive testing number are almost meaningless anymore with these factors.  Death number tell a much clearer picture.

Even the hospitalization numbers can be misleading.  Many hospitals are "hoteling" Covid patients now more than ever.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

The Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay are not requiring masks when they open in about a week so maybe that turns out to be good news for the Cedar Fair parks too? Depending on what side you are on.

Again, all major chains are requiring face masks.  SEAS, SIX, Disney, Universal, Hershend, etc.  

1 minute ago, coaster sally said:

Again, all major chains are requiring face masks.  SEAS, SIX, Disney, Universal, Hershend, etc.  

Universal isn't enforcing it, though - only at the entrance. 

I think the people that are expecting to be surrounded by people wearing masks the entire time they're at the park are going to be in for a bit of a surprise when that's not ultimately the reality of the situation.

7 minutes ago, chibul said:

Universal isn't enforcing it, though - only at the entrance. 

I think the people that are expecting to be surrounded by people wearing masks the entire time they're at the park are going to be in for a bit of a surprise when that's not ultimately the reality of the situation.

Oh how is it down there since you have first hand experience and not basing it off Instagram/facebook posts.