Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

20 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Not sure Shawn but they might and also have Peanut Characters and all sorts of things. The limitation may be on getting them printed and shipped in time.

They could even have something like this so those displeased with the mask rules can express themselves in a non-violent manner.  :lol:

B952CA12-7950-4DE7-AB3A-529BF44CFEA8.jpeg

I found the one I want. 

DD075D57-F093-4D0C-9E45-6D57DF269766.png

there goes mr meanie trying to sell stuffs for his ho ho compay.  i watched the tv shw dennis the menence tday and he reminds me of mr wilson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

Virus numbers are up because they are doing more testing, what's important is hospitalizations, which are significantly down in Ohio.  Memorial Day was 2 weeks ago, you would have been seeing the spread by now.

It takes about 3 weeks on average to see the uptick.  It's not just the people who go to the event, it's who they are around when the event is over as well and who they are around, etc, etc,  US is trending down but may tick up again.  Seems to be the pattern:

image.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=cronovirus+deaths&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS839US839&oq=cronovirus+deaths&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.3934j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

image.png

21 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Oh how is it down there since you have first hand experience and not basing it off Instagram/facebook posts.

Basing it off a friend who has been there, but thanks for the unnecessary snark. 

1 minute ago, chibul said:

My guess, based on absolutely nothing whatsoever, is an opening on June 26. Maybe a day or two solely for passholders (test the system, etc), with opening to the general public on Monday, 6/29. 

I'd concur with that.  Better to get kinks worked out before the July 4th holiday.

1 minute ago, robintodd said:

I'd concur with that.  Better to get kinks worked out before the July 4th holiday.

That's my thinking as well - whatever their limit is for # of people admitted to the park, they'll hit it that weekend for sure.

Just random questions since park isn't open that have poped into my head:

Do inspections get done before or after ride ops training?

Can employees take their breaks anywhere in the park when it's closed or have to go to break areas?

Do they have music going?

Who's been feeding the fish in the Oktoberfest pond?

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I keep checking my phone because I know when the announcement is finally made, days are going to sell out in a flash.

SIlver Dollar city at first was limiting passholders to two reservation dates every 30 days.  They have quickly aborted that and you can book as many days as you want.  This is first hand knowledge and not here say from Instagram/facebook.  I have 4 days booked next week.  Demand does not seem as high as first thought.  

2 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

SIlver Dollar city at first was limiting passholders to two reservation dates every 30 days.  They have quickly aborted that and you can book as many days as you want.  This is first hand knowledge and not here say from Instagram/facebook.  I have 4 days booked next week.  Demand does not seem as high as first thought.  

Does Silver Dollar City have a new 30 million dollar giga coaster being unveiled this year?

6 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Kings Island is a much more visited park, however, and it has a much more local draw compared to Silver Dollar City and other parks like Cedar Point. Those parks get a lot of their attendance from travelers while the majority of Kings Island’s attendance comes from residents within 200 miles of the park. People may not want to go on large road trips to destination parks, but I think the majority of locals will still want to come to a regional park like Kings Island which is better than most “destination” park in my opinion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island is a much more visited park, however, and it has a much more local draw compared to Silver Dollar City and other parks like Cedar Point. Those parks get a lot of their attendance from travelers while the majority of Kings Island’s attendance comes from residents within 200 miles of the park. People may not want to go on large road trips to destination parks, but I think the majority of locals will still want to come to a regional park like Kings Island which is better than most “destination” park in my opinion.

Well with the consensus here and social media how the majority are anti masks that will lower demand.  The backlash at SDC over masks on social media is the same as CF parks.

38 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Just random questions since park isn't open that have poped into my head:

Do inspections get done before or after ride ops training?

Can employees take their breaks anywhere in the park when it's closed or have to go to break areas?

Do they have music going?

Who's been feeding the fish in the Oktoberfest pond?

1. Not sure

2. When the park is closed it doesn’t really matter where you take a break in my experience. (As long as you’re normally permitted to be in that area.)

3. No, the music doesn’t play when the park is closed unless they’re testing things that need music.

4. I think they feed off of algae. Either that or someone feeds them every day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Well with the consensus here and social media how the majority are anti masks that will lower demand.  The backlash at SDC on social media is the same as CF parks.

I don’t necessarily think there will be that many anti-mask people that the demand will be so low. I get some people are very particular when it comes to wearing masks, but the majority probably won’t care that much. For those who can’t stand wearing masks, don’t let it be a dealbreaker. The park will make sure it doesn’t ruin your day. The park probably would not have been cleared to open if they did not require masks.

2 hours ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Look like Fast Lane has vanished from Cedar Fair parks for now. They don't even acknowledge it right now. 

Assuming the line will adhere to social distancing, Fast Lane doesn't seem feasible for the time being. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chibul said:

Universal isn't enforcing it, though - only at the entrance. 

I think the people that are expecting to be surrounded by people wearing masks the entire time they're at the park are going to be in for a bit of a surprise when that's not ultimately the reality of the situation.

I have no idea who you have spoken with, but based on multiple conversations I have had with friends who live and work in Orlando, and have been actively visiting Disney Springs, City Walk, Fun Spot, and the Universal parks since reopening, this is only accurate if your talking about Volcano Bay, or inside a restaurant.  Universal has a policy of not requiring masks on water rides, and obviously you cannot eat or drink with a mask on.  But they are enforcing it more then you seem to think.  Even on Jurassic Park River Adventure, the employees require guests to be seated before they can take off their masks.  You cannot enter a store, or a ride queue without a mask on.  People can get away with taking a mask off while walking the midways but as soon as you want to do most things in the park, you will be required to wear a mask, or will be turned away.

49 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I keep checking my phone because I know when the announcement is finally made, days are going to sell out in a flash.

Maaaaybe? Holiday World hasn't sold out a single day yet. I think there's a real hesitation from a lot of people to do the park experience this summer.

3 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I have no idea who you have spoken with, but based on multiple conversations I have had with friends who live and work in Orlando, and have been actively visiting Disney Springs, City Walk, Fun Spot, and the Universal parks since reopening, this is only accurate if your talking about Volcano Bay, or inside a restaurant.  Universal has a policy of not requiring masks on water rides, and obviously you cannot eat or drink with a mask on.  But they are enforcing it more then you seem to think.  Even on Jurassic Park River Adventure, the employees require guests to be seated before they can take off their masks.  You cannot enter a store, or a ride queue without a mask on.  People can get away with taking a mask off while walking the midways but as soon as you want to do most things in the park, you will be required to wear a mask, or will be turned away.

That's specifically what I'm referring to, the midways. They're not enforcing there. And that's just Universal I'm speaking of - I have no knowledge with the others, of course. 

I agree, personally, that masks should be worn in a queue or a store. Those are places social distancing are difficult if not impossible to accomplish.

10 minutes ago, chibul said:

Maaaaybe? Holiday World hasn't sold out a single day yet. I think there's a real hesitation from a lot of people to do the park experience this summer.

Kings Island has a much larger draw than Holiday World, and both parks will likely be capped at similar attendances. I think there will be a high demand for Kings Island. Also, no other park has a giga coaster opening this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island has a much larger draw than Holiday World, and both parks will likely be capped at similar attendances. I think there will be a high demand for Kings Island. Also, no other park has a giga coaster opening this year.

Very good points.

I think they'll sell out at "capacity" (whatever that is)...but I don't necessarily think it'll be difficult to get a reservation past the first few days. 

• Like 1