Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Just now, MoreFogPlease said:

Looks ok to me, as long as lines don’t get a lot longer because of reduced capacity on rides. I’m hoping that capped attendance in the park will help offset that.

That's what I'm hoping for too. We don't know how often they plan coaster wipe downs which could consume alot of time, but it'll all work out and have it's own rhythm after a bit.

3 minutes ago, cdubbs727 said:

The only thing that gives me pause is the reserving a date and time...are there only going to be certain times we're allowed in the park on the days we reserve? 

In one of the FAQs it does mention that once you're in the park you can stay until close, thankfully.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I would assume the trains would dispatch faster. 

I wouldn’t count on it.  All depends on the procedures they adopt.  Less/no ride op contact?  Could go both ways. If there is no stapling some guests will struggle to get the restraints to clear.  

14 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

Looks ok to me, as long as lines don’t get a lot longer because of reduced capacity on rides. I’m hoping that capped attendance in the park will help offset that.

If there are less rides, shows and other things to do that could cause an offset to that offset.  This is all new.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

They are not implementing a virtual queue?

Nope, looks like lines on the ground in the queue. But from the Worlds of Fun video it doesn't look very effective. They are good in front and behind you, but forget that you also need to worried with left and right as well.

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 4.24.04 PM.png

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

Nope, looks like lines on the ground in the queue. But from the Worlds of Fun video it doesn't look very effective. They are good in front and behind you, but forget that you also need to worried with left and right as well.

I think it looks reasonably effective. Yeah, there may be a few people within six feet of you, but it's a lot better than a normal day in which the lines are packed and there may be up to 20 or even more people within six feet of you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^hmmm that looks just like Mystic Timbers queue:P

I would hope in the segments where they can have a whole queue lane open in between for the left and right separation that they will do that.

I'm assuming they will, for the most part, have all turnstiles open so that the line doesn't have to spill out beyond the ride queue, with people staying six feet apart.

Honestly, I'm less concerned that sometimes people will be within six feet of someone else to the left or right. What I'm more concerned about is that a bunch of people will just say, screw this, I don't need to stay six feet back, and they just jam together like normal. Maybe I'm wrong though, it seems like in some stores and restaurants people are adhering to the rules, and in other places they aren't.

21 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

Guys, come on, everyone knows that it only moves fore and aft. Left and right are completely outside of the natural movement of a virus. It'll be fiiiiinnnneee. 

• Haha 2

I see right now there being problems with the masks and queue lines. No one is gonna keep that mask on all day no one. The queues still have people close together. Not to mention I see a lot of the entitled enthusiast trying to reserve for everyday, which is ridiculous. I see that being a bigger issue than anything.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I see right now there being problems with the masks and queue lines. No one is gonna keep that mask on all day no one. The queues still have people close together. Not to mention I see a lot of the entitled enthusiast trying to reserve for everyday, which is ridiculous. I see that being a bigger issue than anything.

With all the extra employees they seem to be planning on posting around, they could easily set up essentially a mask observer. 

Mask off for a long time, do one of those "stop sitting on the fence" things. Do it again, tell them they'll be removed. 3rd time, security can be waiting at the ride. Once people see they're serious, then others will listen.

I am curious if they'll track how much someone reserves a spot and possibly give them a lower priority. I can also see them unfortunately doing a hard count on pass members a day. Extending the passes to next year is great, but they'll need money for all the extra effort and they'll only get that mostly from tickets and day visits, not repetitive member visits.

• Like 2

Interesting reading on the World's of Fun FAQs if anyone plans to head that way

Includes 1 reservation day at a time for passholders. Will need to enter Season Pass number when reserving a day, reentry will be allowed but have to go through temp and bag check again. Resort guests will be given an entry instructions and time at check-in. 

Seems like they have covered quite a few questions that may be brought up in general.

https://www.worldsoffun.com/welcoming-you-back/frequently-asked-questions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Includes 1 reservation day at a time for passholders. Will need to enter Season Pass number when reserving a day, reentry will be allowed but have to go through temp and bag check again. Resort guests will be given an entry instructions and time at check-in. 

Seems like they have covered quite a few questions that may be brought up in general.

And this one:

Guests who no-show for two reservations without contacting us to cancel them are subject to penalty and blockout periods.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spooky21 said:

So @spooky21, how do you think Walter would handle a belligerent that didn’t want to follow his instructions?  

1 hour ago, Stoan said:

With all the extra employees they seem to be planning on posting around, they could easily set up essentially a mask observer. 

Mask off for a long time, do one of those "stop sitting on the fence" things. Do it again, tell them they'll be removed. 3rd time, security can be waiting at the ride. Once people see they're serious, then others will listen.

I am curious if they'll track how much someone reserves a spot and possibly give them a lower priority. I can also see them unfortunately doing a hard count on pass members a day. Extending the passes to next year is great, but they'll need money for all the extra effort and they'll only get that mostly from tickets and day visits, not repetitive member visits.

May as well cut out the middle man and just have security in the lines to be lines observers.

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

My only issue with this is I’m a season pass holder and live in WV. I would be really upset to Take days off and make the trip up and have a chance of not gaining entry the next day. I completely understanding limiting it, i do, but one day is really unfair.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

I think they kinda have to, they advertised it as the top 32 would be on the 1st train.

Eh, IIRC the system oversold the 1st train on Steel Vengeance.  The park notified everyone about it and everyone was cool about it.  It is a charity event.  Did you read my post about it when it was first announced?  Things go wrong.

edit: I will leave this link here to my post about expectations for the event if anyone wants to look it over.

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

Eh, IIRC they system oversold the 1st train on Steel Vengeance.  The park notified everyone about it and everyone was cool about it.  It is a charity event.  Did you read my post about it when it was first announced?  Things go wrong.

Suppose you're right. Plus they could always space out the 32 over the first 3 trains, so you can still call it "first on the train"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

I think they kinda have to, they advertised it as the top 32 would be on the 1st train.

In light of them enforcing all the safety measures? I think some folks might get disappointed, but I do leave room for being wrong.

My guess is they will either do every other row or load the outside seats. 

If anyone has articles that proves the virus being readily spread outside I would like to see it. Evidence of this kind would certainly impact theme parks. Most everything I see is fear-based rather than fact-based, and suggest spread outdoors is rare. I understand in life anything CAN happen. I just haven't seen anything indicating a big outbreak from outdoor transmission. If you know otherwise, educate me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stoan said:

I'm not so convinced - especially with them blocking off the first nine days for passholders only.

32 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

If anyone has articles that proves the virus being readily spread outside I would like to see it. Evidence of this kind would certainly impact theme parks. Most everything I see is fear-based rather than fact-based, and suggest spread outdoors is rare. I understand in life anything CAN happen. I just haven't seen anything indicating a big outbreak from outdoor transmission. If you know otherwise, educate me. 

The fat lady has sang.  The rules are posted.

• Haha 2