Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

19 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

By the way did @Hawaiian Coasters 325 win the prize? 

I honestly KNEW the Arkansas pool party was going to show up...lol. It's the closest thing any of us has read. We don't know how many of those kids went inside the house, made-out, etc., but...yeah. I would be more than happy to meet up and take a pic in front of the fountain with @Hawaiian Coasters 325  Makes some good posts around here too, far as I can tell. 

What is the latest from Mitch on your Soviet Re-education Center?

Purdue is opening. Done deal. The last article I read in the paper was trying to figure out how many fans we can get into the football games. Minimum is 25%, but they're trying to figure out how to get way more If that tells you anything. Notre Dame, IU opening as well.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2020/06/11/how-purdue-manage-limited-capacity-ross-ade-stadium/5346355002/

8 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I honestly KNEW the Arkansas pool party was going to show up...lol. It's the closest thing any of us has read. We don't know how many of those kids went inside the house, made-out, etc., but...yeah. I would be more than happy to meet up and take a pic in front of the fountain with @Hawaiian Coasters 325  Makes some good posts around here too, far as I can tell. 

Yeah, people generally sleep in houses and given we can not pinpoint an exact moment of transmission finding a group of people that have stayed together and completely outside (and didn’t make out) for several days would be a real challenge.   Kind of sounds like a Reality TV show.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

Whats big deal about wearing a maks?  I wore one when i mowed and puled weds.  It wasn't bad at all.  That was yesterday  and its in the washing load.

Probably not a big deal in all honesty. People don't like the government telling them what to do.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

Whats big deal about wearing a maks?  I wore one when i mowed and puled weds.  It wasn't bad at all.  That was yesterday  and its in the washing load.

I don't know why one would wear a mask while mowing and pulling weeds, but please keep in mind there are people with certain issues who cannot wear masks due to certain issues. I don't pretend that's what we're really talking about here on this forum, but it is a thing. For some.

10 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I don't know why one would wear a mask while mowing and pulling weeds, but please keep in mind there are people with certain issues who cannot wear masks due to certain issues. I don't pretend that's what we're really talking about here on this forum, but it is a thing. For some.

Allergies.  I tried it years ago with N95s, it worked but was not pleasant. It was a bad allergy season and I gave up and paid a neighbor kid to mow for me.

For those that have a medical issue with masks the park already has a solution for that.   The No Boo Necklace.  :lol:  Everyone else gets tazzed.*

*Calm down @spooky21  It is called satire.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Winterfestguy said:

If like Universal, you won’t be able to enter a queue where an attendant is present (like Banshee, Beast, etc.) if not wearing a mask and you wont’t be able to board if you are not wearing a mask once on the platform.

Right. This is exactly what I expect to have happen.

But there are others here who believe if you're walking down the midway and lower your mask for a bit, or if it's not "worn properly" the entire time you're there, you'll be thrown out. And plain and simple that isn't going to happen.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

We are in the midst of a global pandemic.

If we want to do the stuff we used to do we have to make changes. It is now a societal norm to now wear a mask.

Sadly, it's not. Many, MANY people don't wear them in public.

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

80% with vaccine or acquired immunity is the number I see most often, less frequently 70%.  I do not believe acquired immunity has been definitively established with this virus yet, it is assumed.  Maybe there is some evidence I have not seen yet.  

Pretty sure we aren't even at 15% as a nation.

36 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I have iep for other stuff is there iep for masks

38 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I talk to dad about wearing maks at king Islands and i didnt want to.  He told me to wear a it when I mowe and pull weeds.  too see how bad and it wasnot bad.

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I'm not exactly Sherlock Holmes, but if you look at the streets in major cities in America you will quickly realize social distancing is so uncouth. It's ironic that in the burbs people are mostly following "the rules". The Covid-19 rules, that is.

5 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I'm not exactly Sherlock Holmes, but if you look at the streets in major cities in America you will quickly realize social distancing is so uncouth. It's ironic that in the burbs people are mostly following "the rules". The Covid-19 rules, that is.

First thought when I read the burbs:lol:. Now I want to watch it again

410JQ204YAL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe Cedar Fair should model after Disney Springs and have “social distancing squads” throughout their parks that help to enforce the safety precautions.   Things did not go well for the opening of Orlando Sea World - all learning points for Cedar Fair as they open their parks.  It is obvious from the Sea World opening that lack of mask enforcement once inside the park will equal many not wearing a mask (and tossing their mask to the side once past the entry check point.)  

the rules are not being enforced. When the park’s PA system is on a repeat loop every two or three minutes asking for social distancing, but no one is actually trying to enforce it, then what is the point? 
    When masks are required to get in, but when guests whip them off once inside are not being asked to put them back on or leave, then what's the point?”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, refrigerator said:

Who is they and them? The ambiguous language makes for an extremely weak argument.

The Colorado Baker comes to mind.  He's the one who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple based on religious reasons.  Some people stated that it's his business and he should be able to serve who he chooses to based on whatever reason(s) he sees fit.  I would concur that some (if not most) of those same people are upset about Cedar Fair making their rules.  The largest difference being is one the baker case is using a religious freedom argument whereas Cedar Fair is doing it for the health and safety of all people (regardless of religion).  

12 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Probably not a big deal in all honesty. People don't like the government telling them what to do.   

Unless they are in agreement with what the government is saying.  Then it's a different story.

Makes me feel much better that I can answer how I correctly to all those questions and as long as I don't have a temp when walking thru the front door, I'm good to go.  That is going to stop people?

I think that is the problem many have with it.

Anyhoo, serious question, what if these same requirements (and assume they will be strictly enforced) are instituted next season?  What if the park told you/public that in order to remain profitable and operating like normal, they need to operate like 2019 rather than 2020 or risk shuttering permanently.  You could still show up and wearing a mask, even a hazmat suit, but you know its going to be packed and many won't be wearing anything.  Would you still attend if you are in the "must wear mask" crowd today?

Same question on the flip side, if you are the anti-mask crowd and were told that next season your only way to get into the park is under the current guidelines, are you going to suck it up?

Since i fall more in the later than the former, I must admit I'd probably suck it up at some point next year.  heck, I may even do it this season still :)

@medford - if someone offered me a choice between (1) having access to the park in 2020 with their current reopening protocols and (2) no access to the park until 2021 with a normal (pre-coronavirus) strategy I'd sign up for #2 right now.  Going to the park has to offer some sense of enjoyment, and right now all of the "extras" necessary for a visit (reduced capacity on rides, face masks, distancing, etc.) have the potential to suck a lot of fun out of visiting the park.  I'd gladly skip this year if it meant not having to worry about having to deal with any of those things next year.

Regarding face masks - I simply cannot see how many guest face masks will be kept sanitary throughout the course of their visit.  Continued touching and/or re-adjusting a mask makes it unsanitary (in fact, I've talked to about a dozen doctors who have all said that in a surgical setting that if they touch their mask at all they have to stop and go through the whole sanitation process again before they can re-enter).  As soon as the mask becomes damp it becomes unsanitary.  Coughing or sneezing into a mask without covering your face is a hazard to others.  What's the difference between someone wearing a mask improperly versus not wearing one at all?  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, medford said:

Makes me feel much better that I can answer how I correctly to all those questions and as long as I don't have a temp when walking thru the front door, I'm good to go.  That is going to stop people?

Anyhoo, serious question, what if these same requirements (and assume they will be strictly enforced) are instituted next season?  What if the park told you/public that in order to remain profitable and operating like normal, they need to operate like 2019 rather than 2020 or risk shuttering permanently.  You could still show up and wearing a mask, even a hazmat suit, but you know its going to be packed and many won't be wearing anything.  Would you still attend if you are in the "must wear mask" crowd today?

Same question on the flip side, if you are the anti-mask crowd and were told that next season your only way to get into the park is under the current guidelines, are you going to suck it up?

Since i fall more in the later than the former, I must admit I'd probably suck it up at some point next year.  heck, I may even do it this season still :)

If you go in wearing a mask whats your chances of catching something from a non mask wearer? Likely slim to none. Plus its harder to spread anything outdoors in warm weather. So I do not understand why enforce masks?

• Like 1

About a month and a half ago I was in contact with someone who test positive. They had a stuff nose for a few days and that was it. I had a test done to be sure and was negative. I was outdoors and tried to keep my distance. We were in the same a yard for about an hour with no mask. I believe your chance of getting COVid would be rather low in just passing by someone on the midway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, medford said:

Nope. Honestly, I've decided to suck it up and wear the mask - but I wouldn't go regardless if there's not capacity restrictions. Not while the pandemic is going, anyway, whether that's this summer or 3 summers from now.

That's really the X factor for me - restricting capacity.

• Like 1