Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

16 minutes ago, chibul said:

Pro tip - take the upper part of the mask, and fold it over inside. Then put it on, and pinch the bridge of your nose while pulling the mask downward. Worked wonders for me (I use a surgical mask so I can't vouch for any other types).

Oooooo, that might be just the ticket I'm looking for. I also use surgical masks too

56 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I definitely would not recommend bringing your lawn mower to KI and mowing the grass. That very well may result in a ban.  Certainly not while wearing an N95 mask (that may upset @BeeastFarmer), but if you must a cloth mask should work fine.

Being a bit selective and disingenuous in your story telling today, eh BJ?

Beeastfarmer does not get upset over things like this anymore.  I have realized that people are going to do what they are going to do in spite of evidence-based practice.  The situation has resolved, at least here on KIC.  I hope he does not cuss someone out or take a swing, though.  That's dangerous in general and even more so during a pandemic.  I'll stay clear of any bearded fella with a well used N95 mask covered with a bandana. ;)

I have to say that I was impressed with someone's father here.  Kid complaining about wearing a mask and the dad sent him out to mow and pull weeds.  Sounds like he learned his lesson and looks forward to riding Diamondback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Petition to end mask policy. I don't see this changing anything right now. I don't have a desire to wear a mask anymore than anyone else, but I still think it's the safest thing for the park and the guests.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/petition-circulates-to-nix-kings-islands-face-mask-policy/32849406

As I said previously, it doesn’t matter if other places make masks optional, they’re required at KI. In order for us to have fun, while being safe, we must wear masks. That is now the standard. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

As I said previously, it doesn’t matter if other places make masks optional, they’re required at KI. In order for us to have fun, while being safe, we must wear masks. That is now the standard. 

That is the standard the KI has chosen to go with.  And that standard from health experts may change tomorrow, next month or next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

That is the standard the KI has chosen to go with.  And that standard from health experts may change tomorrow, next month or next year.

We have to all accept the reality that from now on out, patrons of KI have to wear masks. It’s a changed world, whether we like it or not.

2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

We have to all accept the reality that from now on out, patrons of KI have to wear masks. It’s a changed world, whether we like it or not.

I hate to break it to you, but guests probably aren't going to be required to wear masks 100% of the time. They have left some wiggle room to cover their butt's. And to allow people to get a break. And we'll see how it plays out once they're actually open. I think it'll probably be a lot more lax than your post suggests. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Masks won't be permanent. I can guarantee you on that. Masks and social distancing requirements won't last forever. Once we get a vaccine and/or an effective treatment, those stuff will be relaxed. They didn't stay once the 1918 Spanish Flu ended. People were just as against masks back then as they are now. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Masks won't be permanent. I can guarantee you on that. Masks and social distancing requirements won't last forever. Once we get a vaccine and/or an effective treatment, those stuff will be relaxed. They didn't stay once the 1918 Spanish Flu ended. People were just as against masks back then as they are now. 

Hopefully this time next year things will be back to normal or at least almost back to normal. I hope a vaccine is proven effective soon and mass produced, so it can be administered. I also hope people don’t refuse to take the coronavirus vaccine.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Exactly. I am fine with wearing a mask and social distancing for for the duration of the pandemic. Once it’s over, that’s a different story.

33 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

So if KI exists in 2472, masks will still be in place?  I wish I was that forward thinking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So if KI exists in 2472, masks will still be in place?  I wish I was that forward thinking.

Probably, but that will be because we ran out of O2 and our masks will keep us from going all OG Total Recall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to viruses.  Keep in mind for many years HIV research received as much federal funding as all of cancer research.  Still no HIV vaccine, I know completely different virus but there are no guarantees. 

Face masks are the new condoms.  :P

10 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to viruses.  Keep in mind for many years HIV research received as much federal funding as all of cancer research.  Still no HIV vaccine, I know completely different virus but there are no guarantees. 

Well if that's the case, we can't be wearing masks and social distancing forever. I have a feeling eventually we'll have an effective treatment kinda like HIV if that happens. 

2 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I hate to break it to you, but guests probably aren't going to be required to wear masks 100% of the time. They have left some wiggle room to cover their butt's. And to allow people to get a break. And we'll see how it plays out once they're actually open. I think it'll probably be a lot more lax than your post suggests. 

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but when the rules say masks are required, they must be worn. Just because other parks were lax, does not mean it’s the same at Kings Island. We must  accept having to wear masks, it’s the new normal. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but when the rules say masks are required, they must be worn. Just because other parks were lax, does not mean it’s the same at Kings Island. We must  accept having to wear masks, it’s the new normal. 

With how well the phone policy works I'm sure your right :rolleyes:  Also good for Kalahari! It's unconstitutional anyways like the article says. Glad we don't have a "DR" running the state anymore!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Uh, sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but get ready to see plenty of people taking them off/wearing them incorrectly. There's literally no way it'll be enforced strictly throughout the entire park. 

4 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Forward thinking AND naïve.  Nice!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chibul said:

Uh, sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but get ready to see plenty of people taking them off/wearing them incorrectly. There's literally no way it'll be enforced strictly throughout the entire park. 

Plenty of people won’t be taking there masks off. As I said just because other places don’t require masks, doesn’t mean it will happen at KI. KI has laid down the rules, and they will be followed, if people want to have fun at the park.

In fact, the CDC now requires masks to be worn for large groups.

• Like 1