Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks

Hawaiian Coasters 325

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

You realize that Dollywood just opened yesterday (the day you posted this), right?  So hours after opening, you are making an assumption that cases of COVID 19 are spiking in Sevier Co?  And many people who visit Dollywood are not residents of Sevier Co, as are many employees.  I don't get your causation/correlation theory.

I know. If that’s from people observing social distancing, what happens when you throw several thousand into a park with a relaxed mask policy?

2 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I know. If that’s from people observing social distancing, what happens when you throw several thousand into a park with a relaxed mask policy?

How do you know they have  relaxed mask policy?  Please provide your sources.  Does every other establishment in Sevier Co have a stringent mask policy?  Are there protests in Sevier Co?  

It sounds like you are going to be terrified of going into any public space if someone is not wearing a mask.  Are you going to stay hidden away in a bunker for an indeterminate amount of time?

I'll mask out of courtesy and the sense of security it gives others.  But I am going to live life.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Seiver County opened very, VERY early on. I highly doubt that they've been "observing social distancing", considering the entire area is one massive tourist trap (and I say that with love, considering I visit every year...although this year is in question). 

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

How do you know they have  relaxed mask policy?  Please provide your sources.  Does every other establishment in Sevier Co have a stringent mask policy?  Are there protests in Sevier Co?  

It sounds like you are going to be terrified of going into any public space if someone is not wearing a mask.  Are you going to stay hidden away in a bunker for an indeterminate amount of time?

I'll mask out of courtesy and the sense of security it gives others.  But I am going to live life.  

In the photos being posted to IG, a lot of them have photos of people with masks off. I understand if it’s a no mask relaxation area like what Universal has, but people were on the main midways.

1 minute ago, gforce1994 said:

In the photos being posted to IG, a lot of them have photos of people with masks off. I understand if it’s a no mask relaxation area like what Universal has, but people were on the main midways.

You do realize if you have food or drink in your hand you do not have to wear a mask. Nor do you have to wear them on high thrill or water rides. Also again you fail to provide sources.

2 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

You do realize if you have food or drink in your hand you do not have to wear a mask. Nor do you have to wear them on high thrill or water rides. Also again you fail to provide sources.

They weren’t at a thrill ride or had food. The photos were being taken near the front of the park.

6 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

He also failed to provide proof when called out on. For all we know those could be pictures from last year or not even exist.

People familiar with amusement parks and their internal reliable sources will know what is likely true and what is likely fake news when something is posted.   While it was the first day of the pass holder preview at Dollywood, it appears still some mask issues still need to be worked out in the coming days like all parks have had upon their initial opening.
http://screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm#General

22 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

People familiar with amusement parks and their internal reliable sources will know what is likely true and what is likely fake news when something is posted.   While it was the first day of the pass holder preview at Dollywood, it appears still some mask issues still need to be worked out in the coming days like all parks have had upon their initial opening.
http://screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm#General

I design websites for a living. Even if that page was created in 1995 it still would have styling issues. Wow. It’s like hampered dance with roller coasters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So some random photos=DW has a lax stance on masks? 

Both those places had Dw photographers who allowed people to remove masks for photos. If you didn't want the full 2020 look.  

There's always going to be people who think there above it all and do whatever they please. But security and managers  were wandering and catching those who were not wearing them properly even the 5+ age. But they can't be everywhere at all times. 

edit to add: all black diamond rides and water rides were exempt. So yes they are actually a mask free ride back on as soon as you exit.  Neck gaiter really are the way to go for these policies.  So yes you will see full trains of unmasked riders. Wild eagle ran full capacity trains because its design allows the spacing without skipping rows.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

So it seems Dollywood is not cracking down on people not wearing masks. I was able to compare the number of cases in Sevier County (Dollywood) compared to Harris County (Houston-site of the largest current hot spot). These numbers are adjusted to population size, but it’s alarming.

489A5CE6-5E0D-4657-8908-4E13A2FFA481.png

I usually support your stuff but this is laughable.  Dollywood lax on mask on 6/15 and you blame that on a graph showing data from 6/14.  Come on man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Both those places had Dw photographers who allowed people to remove masks for photos. If you didn't want the full 2020 look.  

There's always going to be people who think there above it all and do whatever they please. But security and managers  were wandering and catching those who were not wearing them properly even the 5+ age. But they can't be everywhere at all times. 

edit to add: all black diamond rides and water rides were exempt. So yes they are actually a mask free ride back on as soon as you exit.  Neck gaiter really are the way to go for these policies.  So yes you will see full trains of unmasked riders. Wild eagle ran full capacity trains because its design allows the spacing without skipping rows.

That was in response to @gforce1994's claim that DW has a lax mask policy because of some photos he said he saw on Instagram.

21 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

That was in response to @gforce1994's claim that DW has a lax mask policy because of some photos he said he saw on Instagram.

Right just adding that those 2 spots were photo spots. The graph comparison is wrong but I can say we saw a few of the above it all mask wearers who either pulled them down under chin or off until caught. Probably about the same amount I've encountered smoking/vaping where they aren't supposed to etc.  outdoor spread really is lower, but the rules are there to comply with their requirements for opening. For now if you want coasters you have to put up with the mask. 

i will say style and material doesn't matter, from bandanas to neck gaiters, disposable to the generic cloth masks. Even saw a few that were just cloth square with a top tie kinda like a mud flap for your face XD lol as long as you had some type of covering you were fine. 

Health screening they simply asked the main 4 questions. Have you had any the symptoms, have z t you been with anyone who had, have you traveled to a high risk hot spot, or been in contact with anyone from a high risk hot spot.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I pulled up the graph, not because of DW, but due to the reopening of other attractions in area. I was asking that if the numbers in Sevier County are spiking without Dollywood being open, shouldn’t there be some concern with the lax mask policy?

Your graph was technically accurate, but calling Harris County, TX a hotspot is NOT accurate. You just made that part up. Pull up Marion County, IN, or Cook County, IL if you want to see a hotspot graph. 25-35 cases out of 10,000 is not a hotspot. They are worried about Harris County becoming a hotspot, but it's not yet. Here's Marion County, IN (Indianapolis) compared to Harris County, TX (Houston)

graph.PNG

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

I pulled up the graph, not because of DW, but due to the reopening of other attractions in area. I was asking that if the numbers in Sevier County are spiking without Dollywood being open, shouldn’t there be some concern with the lax mask policy?

There is still no proof that DW has a lax mask policy.

• Like 1